HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RUMOR: NYR Petr Prucha to CBJ for ___________

Old
12-26-2007, 11:41 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Yep, we are hurting right now with Nash, Peca, and Malhotra out. The lines are all wacked out. Your gonna run Vybes into the ground because he's, at least, fairly responsible defensively. Beyond that, he offers nothing, right now, in the way of offense. I don't think I've seen anyone crash and burn like this in quite a while.

Too bad really.
I think Zherdev's crash and burn last season was worse because he was a liability in our zone. Like you said, Vyborny is responsible in his own end. It does suck to see though as we could really use whatever production he could give us.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 11:44 PM
jetbluejackets

if anyone proposes a half-way decent trade for Foote/Klesla and Vybs, GMSH'd be stupid not to look into it

jetbluejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 11:45 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
We've seen Brule get upper line minutes with very little speciality play and then as the game wears on his time get's reduced when we are trying to catch up or protect a lead. You can't leave Brule out there in either situation, right now. If Brule was doing anything right now, he could serioulsy eat into Vyborny's minutes.
Very true. Brule has been the most disappointing Jacket for me so far. I really thought he was poised for a great season and potentially challenge for the number 1 center position. Now, I just hope he's sent down to Syracuse before he's traded.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 12:01 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
I think Zherdev's crash and burn last season was worse because he was a liability in our zone. Like you said, Vyborny is responsible in his own end. It does suck to see though as we could really use whatever production he could give us.
That is probably true... I wasn't big on Vybes going into this year, and didn't think he really fit it with what Hitch was preaching, but I didn't think it would get this bad.

But, to your point, Zherdev was a major liability. It's nice to see him step it up and play like he is now.

Quote:
Very true. Brule has been the most disappointing Jacket for me so far. I really thought he was poised for a great season and potentially challenge for the number 1 center position. Now, I just hope he's sent down to Syracuse before he's traded.
True, I am very disappointed in Brule right now. He was far better the last 20 games, or so, last year. Hopefully you get your wish and we send him down. He, sadly, doesn't deserve ice time right now. The guy can't have any confidence at all. I really wouldn't mind seeing him to some minutes with Feds and Glenx. Maybe a little timeshare with Boll, as Boll is getting about 10 minutes a game. Plus he's in the penalty box quite a bit, so maybe fill Brule in up there while Boll is resting for his next fight. Brule might never end up to be a top 6 guy, but if he played more like he did last year, he could have a career in the NHL.

Don't know. Hitch is getting the big bucks for these decisions.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Wease

Portzline answered my question first on the podcast yesterday and pretty much shot down my idea of Martin Straka coming here...

Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 09:46 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Who cares about Prucha?
Maybe the person who started the thread entitled "NYR Petr Prucha to CBJ...." Just a thought.

Talk about losing sight of the topic.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 09:56 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
You think he played bad tonight? You watch hockey much?
Ok, so last night I couldn't sleep and decided to watch the game over again (well actually the first half). I wanted to give Vyborny another look just to make sure I was being fair and give him a much closer look then the "when I noticed him" approach.

1. He was skating hard. I don't think effort was an issue.
2. He's slow on his puck persuit. When he's the first guy in, he get's to the puck about a second or two too slow. The D has the time to make a play. We get little chance to establish the puck deep in their zone.
3. When he tries to help on the boards, which he does from time to time, he's too soft. The opposing player can hit him and he just crumbles. He just can't win those battles very often. His stick play in those situations doesn't seem very good either. He's not help his team keep puck possession.
4. He's too soft on the puck. The opposing player can relieve him of the puck very quickly without much resistance.
5. When he's moving toward the net, a bump from a opposing player is usually enough to knock him down. He won't try and fight his way through anyone.
6. He's not moving much without the puck in the offensive zone. He's watching the play and is hanging out till the puck gets somewhere close to him. No attempt to get to an open passing lane, nothing really. I watched a shift where I think Zherdev had the puck and was moving toward the net (I think it was on the shift with his elbow penalty). Instead of moving up a foot to screen the goaltender, he just kind of stayed there and let the goalie see the shot. At least he had his stick on the ice for a possible deflection.
7. Defensively, he seems to do a decent job on the backcheck and he does seem to play the passing lanes fairly well. He can still pass the puck a bit.
8. He seemed to be helping out the defense with transistion. He was at least getting to open ice and support transistion. Even if the defense wasn't sending the puck his direction much.

Overall, when I watch Glenx, Boll, Chimera, Novotny, etc, I see them win more races to the puck and have a stronger forecheck. The allow the offensive zone pressence to be established a lot more consistantly. Boll and Glenx move toward the net more, they followup their shots more (Boll almost had a goal last night doing that). Basically they are more competitive.

I'm all open to being wrong, but I can't change my mind if I don't see an example of what I am missing. Even just watching him on a shift-by-shift basis, I don't get how he's playing decent, never mind well.

Old
12-27-2007, 10:01 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Maybe the person who started the thread entitled "NYR Petr Prucha to CBJ...." Just a thought.

Talk about losing sight of the topic.
What I meant was, who cares who we are getting in return if we ship Vyborny (short of receiving moronic contract in return)? The player being received isn't that important because we aren't going to receive much in return. If we receive another reclamation project with some potential upside, that's what we get. At this point, I would be happy with a draft pick, in return, if that's what we can get for him. You could insert <barely knows player with some mild potential upside that's in the coaches doghouse>, and I'd be like.. Ok, if Howson and Hitch think he might be able to do anything, let's do it.

I am quite aware of what the OP's topic was.

You stretched a long, long, long, way for that one.

Last edited by blahblah: 12-27-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old
12-27-2007, 12:51 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
What I meant was, who cares who we are getting in return if we ship Vyborny (short of receiving moronic contract in return)?
Hopefully, Scott Howson. You get the most you can for a guy, you don't just accept the first garbage offer that comes your way because in your opinion the player has little value (aka the Doug MacLean Approach). One good thing about Hitch and Howson is, they aren't making it public who they view as "less than integral" to this team's future. Its hard to trade a guy once you've made it public that you think he sucks because then everyone figures you're desperate to get rid of him.

Old
12-27-2007, 01:04 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Apparently Team 990 in NY is reporting that the Vyborny-for-Prucha deal may go down when the trade freeze ends.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Skraut

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...ts/fodder.html

The latest Cannon Fodder has a lot of talk about the trade possibilities

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 01:19 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Hopefully, Scott Howson. You get the most you can for a guy, you don't just accept the first garbage offer that comes your way because in your opinion the player has little value (aka the Doug MacLean Approach). One good thing about Hitch and Howson is, they aren't making it public who they view as "less than integral" to this team's future. Its hard to trade a guy once you've made it public that you think he sucks because then everyone figures you're desperate to get rid of him.
Did you fail to notice that part where I said IF Howson and Hitch thought he could help us? Pretty sure you did, or just choose to ignore it.

In case you missed it, here is my quote.

Quote:
Ok, if Howson and Hitch think he might be able to do anything, let's do it.
Seeing as you are not a talent scout, I'll let them make the decisions thank you...

Either way, you aren't gonna get jack for an underperforming forward in the final year of his contract. I am sure Howson will do is homework. I am not the flipping GM, so I don't give a rats arse what we get back in return for him. I hope you can tell the difference between a fan and a GM. If I was the GM, I would approach it different.

Old
12-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Amen.

To merely say "unload the guy on the first team that makes an offer" sounds ignorant at best.

Any move that doesn't either solidify this season's playoff run or significantly enhance our future, isn't worth considering.

I'm not sure Prucha isn't a good future acquisition, I'm not sure Vyborny's career is winding down either...either way, its the toughest decision Howson has had to make yet. I don't envy the man.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 02:26 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
To merely say "unload the guy on the first team that makes an offer" sounds ignorant at best.
Whatever, I'm going to assume this is directed at me.

I said IF Howson and Hitch thought he could help and that turned into your and Capn's "unload him to the first team that makes an offer". The difference is that I, personally, don't care what Howson gets in return for him. The reasoning is below and spelled out again.

Tell me then, if you actually were a GM, what would Vyborny's trade value be to your team?

If I was the opposing GM, I wouldn't give you a top 6 player unless I was attempting to dump salary. I wouldn't give you any of my top tier prospects either. I would either give you fringe prospects or a reclamation project. If you answered anything else, your not being honest with yourself.

I'm being realistic and honest with my belief of his current market value. Are you?

Honestly, I am to the point that I would like to see Vyborny's minutes sliced and diced to some of the younger guys that have a future on this team. I don't believe Vyborny is doing much to help this team win, you do. Therefore, I would like to see him moved and his ice time awarded to someone more deserving then Vyborny currently is.

I honestly don't believe that Howson is losing any sleep over what to do with Vyborny. I don't think this is a hard decision for him, at all.

I believe that if they do move Vyborny, they are getting the best deal they can. So, because of my trust, I don't care what they get in return.

Last edited by blahblah: 12-27-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old
12-27-2007, 05:30 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Did you fail to notice that part where I said IF Howson and Hitch thought he could help us? Pretty sure you did, or just choose to ignore it.
No, I didn't miss it. Your blind faith in our GM and coach is irrelevant to whether the deal is good or not.

Quote:
Seeing as you are not a talent scout, I'll let them make the decisions thank you...
I have senses and a brain. I'll make my own assessments of the merits of a trade. I don't need the GM and/or coach to force feed me my opinion.

Quote:
I am not the flipping GM, so I don't give a rats arse what we get back in return for him. I hope you can tell the difference between a fan and a GM. If I was the GM, I would approach it different.
You can be a fan and still make your own independent analysis untainted by the powers that be. Besides, Doug MacLean was a GM. Heck, Garth Snow IS a GM. That doesn't make them any better at analyzing a deal than anyone else by itself.

So, head back to the Hitch/Howson bandwagon and leave the rest of us to have a discussion.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Bingo.

Pass on Prucha. He's not a "Hitch type player" -- too light. I think they'd look towards younger more NA type players. Maybe a guy like Dubinsky or Callahan.

Its certainly not gonna be a big name like Gomez, Jagr or Shanahan.

Of course who wouldn't love to get their hands on Marc Staal but its gonna take someone like a Zherdev to get our hands on him.
it would take more than zherdev to get staal....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 07:39 PM
blahblah

Quote:
No, I didn't miss it. Your blind faith in our GM and coach is irrelevant to whether the deal is good or not.

I have senses and a brain. I'll make my own assessments of the merits of a trade. I don't need the GM and/or coach to force feed me my opinion.

You can be a fan and still make your own independent analysis untainted by the powers that be. Besides, Doug MacLean was a GM. Heck, Garth Snow IS a GM. That doesn't make them any better at analyzing a deal than anyone else by itself.

So, head back to the Hitch/Howson bandwagon and leave the rest of us to have a discussion.
It's not blind faith. Novotny and Hejda have both been solid pickups. I have no idea if Howson is even interested in Prucha. However, if he and the scouting department like him, I don't have an issue with the trade.

The couple of times I saw Prucha, I've seen worse. He certainly can play in the NHL. He seemed to have a decent shot and could move the puck a little. Seemed like he would help out our PP and certainly has some offensive upside. This guy could step right into our top 6, or he could falter. It's a risk. I haven't watched him enough to give a more educated opinion.

I still contend you won't get much for Vyborny, short of GM getting really desperate - and it wouldn't likely net us immediate help. You haven't discussed what you perceive Vyborny's real trade value at. Most likely because you know he has very little.

However, enjoy the rest of your discussion. From what I've seen in this thread, you have nothing of any value to add from a scouting perspective on Prucha anyway. It's been nothing from you but backhanded comments directed his way. The "he sucks" method of scouting. Well that and your deep inside knowledge of how Foote's mind works.

Good day.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:48 PM
NYR Viper

so tollefson is a healthy scratch tonite...any chance he will be traded?

Old
12-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Make a trade.....and all players are on the board I say..... We need some new blood, a message needs sent to these guys...if something isn't done the season is over.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
anyone is available if...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 07:55 PM
NYR Viper

hahahahahaha....
prucha
mara
?

Old
12-27-2007, 08:02 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
The couple of times I saw Prucha, I've seen worse. He certainly can play in the NHL. He seemed to have a decent shot and could move the puck a little. It's a risk. I haven't watched him enough to give a more educated opinion.
Quote:
From what I've seen in this thread, you have nothing of any value to add from a scouting perspective on Prucha anyway. It's been nothing from you but backhanded comments directed his way.
Read those two quotes together and tell me who's making backhanded compliments.

And, I'd add, your analysis of Vyborny has been far more absurd. I didn't say I'd give absolutely nothing to get Prucha. That seems to be the gist of your Vyborny tirade. And to think that the Panthers got 2 conditional picks and a bona fide prospects in Matthias for a broken down Todd Bertuzzi. I for one am glad your just a fan and not our GM.

Again, remind me how exactly my analysis that Prucha is a guy who has regressed since his rookie season is off? I don't seem to be the only one with that opinion...considering that after scoring 30 goals that year he managed just 22 last year and a whopping 2 thus far this year. Prucha could be called Brule times 2 because that's his production this year...and that's not very impressive. He has 4 fewer goals than Dan Fritsche. Rusty Klesla has better offensive numbers than Prucha. But, hey, what do I know.

Old
12-27-2007, 08:13 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

From John Dellapina's Blueshirt's Blog:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/

Quote:
According to those close to the situation in Columbus, the Blue Jackets are neither hot for Petr Prucha nor particularly interested in acquiring a winger. They need centers and probably would be more interested in Brandon Dubinsky, though the Rangers have no interest in trading the strapping youngster.
Dellapina doesn't give a name, but his sourcing seems to be better than anything else to this point. Seems to be a nix on the Prucha idea (though my take on this may just be optimism since I'm pretty anti-Prucha)

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
From John Dellapina's Blueshirt's Blog:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/

Dellapina doesn't give a name, but his sourcing seems to be better than anything else to this point. Seems to be a nix on the Prucha idea (though my take on this may just be optimism since I'm pretty anti-Prucha)
Yeah Scott's interview made it sound dead in the water.

I think Vybes is on the trade block atm, maybe it will give him some added jump...he's played a couple solid games this week. I'm not against trading anyone, I'm however dead set against giving away talent, and despite what some might say, Vyborny is an asset.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 11:44 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
id luv him or klesla on the rangers. screw foote. too old, unless if it was foote for malik and hossa or something like that. if its foote for prucha and malik im gonna puke.

maybe something like:
Tollefson and Brule to Rangers
Prucha, Malik, Dawes to Jackets

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote