HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radical Schedule Idea

Old
12-23-2007, 01:21 AM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Radical Schedule Idea

I wanted to post this here simply because tonight's Flyers/Sabres (although disappointing in the loss) inspired me.

I know they're losing the 8 games against division opponents next year but I was wondering what you might think of "Mini Series" match ups. The season would still be 82 games, but instead of playing a team 6 times, you play two regular season "mini series" against them consisting of three games. So rather than the occasional home and home, you play three straight games in a matter of 5-6 nights against one team with the first two at home and the third on the road (then swap it for the second "mini series").

There was such an intensity and snarl to the game tonight that it's something I'd absolutely love to see more often during the long season. Just food for thought, but what do you think?

capn89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:26 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89 View Post
I wanted to post this here simply because tonight's Flyers/Sabres (although disappointing in the loss) inspired me.

I know they're losing the 8 games against division opponents next year but I was wondering what you might think of "Mini Series" match ups. The season would still be 82 games, but instead of playing a team 6 times, you play two regular season "mini series" against them consisting of three games. So rather than the occasional home and home, you play three straight games in a matter of 5-6 nights against one team with the first two at home and the third on the road (then swap it for the second "mini series").

There was such an intensity and snarl to the game tonight that it's something I'd absolutely love to see more often during the long season. Just food for thought, but what do you think?
Doesn't sound bad. Such a series against the rangers might results in multiple brawls.

philly_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

It's actually not a bad idea. Even though we lost, I loved the playoff atmosphere the last two nights.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 12:19 PM
MountainHawk

The reason I don't think I like this idea is the injury factor is too important in hockey. Imagine the Flyers are headed down the stretch, and in late March have back to back home 3 game series with NYR and NJD. The last couple of games of the prior road trip, Biron and Richards both get hurt and miss the next 2 weeks.

If the games against division rivals are spread out, it lessens the chance of this happening.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote