HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why does everyone hate Huet?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2007, 01:55 AM
  #26
Koized
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Price- 9-6-2.
Huet- 8-6-4.

Until tonight I thought that Huet was #1. No more. After tonight Price's stock has gone way up in my estimation. The above win/loss stats accurately reflect the parity of the Eastern Conference. SV% and GAA are meaningless in this context. You either backstop your team to a win or you do not.
**** man i didnt realize Carey' record was so flawless. I mean 9-6-2. Take us to the promise land! I mean come on. Let the kid mature and grow into the starters role. Your lofty expectations are quite high. And Why does everyone want to toss away Huet? Do people just generally dislike him because he is waht stands in Price's way from playing 60-70 games this season? I mean Everyone is so critical of Huet and it is quite noticeable. Carey will get his chance believe me but it really seems like none of you have any ******* patience.

Koized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 01:57 AM
  #27
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKostitsyn47 View Post
Some guys here need to get their sarcasm detector fixed asap.
I kind of have to agree with you, mine is not quite working well in the last 2 days.

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 01:59 AM
  #28
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Price- 9-6-2.
Huet- 8-6-4.

Until tonight I thought that Huet was #1. No more. After tonight Price's stock has gone way up in my estimation. The above win/loss stats accurately reflect the parity of the Eastern Conference. SV% and GAA are meaningless in this context. You either backstop your team to a win or you do not.
go tell that to to vancouver about luongo when he was in florida, and then get back to me.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 02:05 AM
  #29
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
lol

The sad thing is some ppl really do

---
It s too bad Huet wasnt spectacular tonight, he was "only" good

Price would ve never stoped that Hossa shot too, that was just a perfect shot. Even better that the Richards one a few games ago.

But to answer the Op, it s just because we have some really bad fans
Price is bigger than Huet..therefore Hossa might not have seen the same opening and forced to do something else..
And Huet didnt even flinch..
Not that im saying we would have won with Price..but Hossa might have done another move instead

And Huet wasnt that good tonight..he was average
Like they keep saying on TV...when our Goalies arent part of the 3stars...we usually lose

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 02:05 AM
  #30
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
**** man i didnt realize Carey' record was so flawless. I mean 9-6-2. Take us to the promise land! I mean come on. Let the kid mature and grow into the starters role. Your lofty expectations are quite high. And Why does everyone want to toss away Huet? Do people just generally dislike him because he is waht stands in Price's way from playing 60-70 games this season? I mean Everyone is so critical of Huet and it is quite noticeable. Carey will get his chance believe me but it really seems like none of you have any ******* patience.
Like Huet 8-6-4 is an All-Star.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 02:07 AM
  #31
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belavia View Post
Over the past few weeks it's become obvious that Huet just can't do anything to please most people on this board. Despite being better than Price this season, the hate for him by many posters is just ridiculous. The only guy standing up for him is that Cristobal poster, and he gets flamed every time he opens his mouth. I'm not a particular fan of either player, but its quite disparaging to see this behaviour. I've seen several posts where people were insinuating that they wanted Huet to lose just so Price could get back in net. I thought the team comes first?
BTW, I know you said in the past few weeks, but if you based your thread on comments from tonight, it doesn't count, they are not truly real, they are just comments from disappointment after the lost and some frustration evacuation...

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 02:09 AM
  #32
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
go tell that to to vancouver about luongo when he was in florida, and then get back to me.
Comparably speaking, Price is doing much better than Luongo did when he first played in the league.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 02:14 AM
  #33
Koized
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Like Huet 8-6-4 is an All-Star.
Not saying he is an allstar... but our goalie situation isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Im confident with whomever is in net. Well I should edit this... Im not entirely confident with our entire team by Im genuinely happy with our goaltending.

Koized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 02:23 AM
  #34
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
Not saying he is an allstar... but our goalie situation isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Im confident with whomever is in net. Well I should edit this... Im not entirely confident with our entire team by Im genuinely happy with our goaltending.
Well I agree. Except I'm not so sure about shootouts anymore.

Time for me to hit the sack, I'm starting to see the screen in quadriplicate.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 02:41 AM
  #35
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Comparably speaking, Price is doing much better than Luongo did when he first played in the league.
Luongo, first year backing up with the Isles:
3.25
.904

7-14-1

Price:
2.72
.915

Currently: 9-6-2

I wouldn't call that MUCH better but it is stronger stats at the moment.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 02:41 AM
  #36
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,739
vCash: 612
Please Huet lovers come up with the SV% of both goalies with 10 minutes left in the game and OT. Then we can talk about how clear Huet being the #1 is.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 02:47 AM
  #37
BARLOUTE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Do we remember patrick roy , when he played in montreal lol, seem like everyone wanted to trade him , every years was the same story then when roy played good he was the king.


Good thing brodeur is not in montreal because he would never finish a season in montreal , look at this years he was doing really bad , we never heard that New-Jersey wanted to trade him lol.

Some montreal fan make me a shame to say i am a habs fan, come on those who are againts huet , yes he as some weekness and who dont , for my opinion huet is being one of the best habs players since he has taken theodore's jobs as number one goalie.

No wonder that Briere did not want to come in montreal , their is to many big mouth in montreal , those who dont know their hockey stop all the time, if i would be able to play in nhl , i dont think i would come to play in montreal cause my career would not last long with all the rumors that people does , to those who are all the time

BARLOUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 05:48 AM
  #38
Doctor House
Registered User
 
Doctor House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
I hope Huet gets traded to a better team. Habs don't deserve him.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:40 AM
  #39
Cristobal Huet
Registered User
 
Cristobal Huet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
It's about time someone realized this; in a way, the OP is right, as on certain nights...it does seem like almost everybody hates Huet, for the littlest thing, they will go over his head.

I decided to change my user name, and my way of posting on HFBoards for the specific reason that the treatment he was getting was harsh, unjust and certainly not merited.
For the first few weeks, I was pretty whacky...but I was also really upset, so I just defended him the way I felt I could with help from a few other posters (like earl the habs fan, dead, kovalev47...) until recently I took it down a notch because of the enormous amount of flaming I received for doing so.

They "hate" Huet, honestly, because he's the only thing standing in Carey Price's way, according to them, and they're so blinded by his hype they can't realize that Huet is as good as he ever was and is outplaying him by a fair margin this season.

It's been said before, "only wins count for a goalie".

Of course the Price supporters will say that, because that is the ONLY thing that Price has going for him more than Huet this season, one more win (wow) because in every other category, that MATTERS for a goalie when you like to debate like we do on these boards, Price is not even in the same league as Huet.
GAA: calculates how many goals a goalie lets in on average a game and is arguably the most important stat for a goalie when you're evaluating how good he is.

Huet: 2.32
Price: 2.70

'Nuff said.

SPCT: calculates how efficient a goalie is, how many saves he makes, the higher the better, the higher the more he stops, it's that simple.

Huet: .928
Price: .915

'Nuff said.

We can go on all day...but in the end, the Price clan is just too stubborn to think clearly like the STATS show.

And wins?

Last time I checked, wins are a team effort and win is earned by a goalie when the WHOLE 18 players out there do something to win collectively.

Price doesn't score goals, kill penalties, set up a powerplay or backcheck..yet you think a win is what a goalie gets on his own!
Truth of a matter is, again statistically, the Habs score much less for Huet when he's in net than Price while Huet gives up less goals than Price = mostly lower scoring, tight games...take a stupid penalty, cough the puck up, and we should deserve to lose.

So don't tell me wins are all that matters, because you are so wrong.

On a happier note, Happy Holidays to all of you, I must admit it's a little tiring always arguing on these boards but when you look at it, it's a tad fan.

Defend your goalie, slobber all over him.

and we'll defend ours, the one that deserves to be defended.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:45 AM
  #40
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I'm one of them. When Rivet went instead of him, I knew he was staying and we were not gonna sign him. His agent likely looked at that and said, "Ah, opening cap for us, are you?". Rivet could have taken a lesser paying deal to stay as a Hab, and we might have still brought in Hamrlik. I'm dreaming in the clouds here, but Hamrlik, Markov, Komisarek, Rivet? No D problems period.


Absolutely nothing. Problem is, people want him traded now, and until it happens, will be sharp on anything Huet does, good, and especially bad.



Oh, agreed. I think if Huet is wearing a Habs uniform in March, it better be because (A) Gainey agreed to a 3 year deal with him that won't financially cripple the team, or (B) we are 4th or 1st in the Eastern Conference and the entire team is playing spectacular.

The problem is, people see teams like Tampa Bay and go, "Hey, Tampa needs a goalie, maybe we can trade Huet and... blah blah... and get a superstar" or see Washington and go, "If we trade Huet, plus half the teams resources, we can get Ovechkin!". That just makes people want to get rid of Huet more because they see teams stacked on offence and weak on goal, and convince themselves a team will make the switch for a UFA.
I disagree with you...Rivet sucked last year and was benched for worse players. I cringed when watching Rivet sometimes last year. He's doing great now which is fine, but in our system he was having some major problems...

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:48 AM
  #41
couris
Registered User
 
couris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500
The problem with huet is that he never clutches.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:48 AM
  #42
BARLOUTE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
i dont really think huet is better then price , but i dont think he is doing worst either they both play for the same team and both have similar result , it show that both goalie are doing the job. let say that price or huet get hurt , that mean we will be glad to have the other, so let just be happy with both goalies , then at the end of the years if we really get a good offer that we cant refuse for huet , then we can trade him , if price is ready to take over the team, but until then maybe we should appriciate both goalies.

BARLOUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:52 AM
  #43
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal Huet View Post
It's about time someone realized this; in a way, the OP is right, as on certain nights...it does seem like almost everybody hates Huet, for the littlest thing, they will go over his head.

I decided to change my user name, and my way of posting on HFBoards for the specific reason that the treatment he was getting was harsh, unjust and certainly not merited.
For the first few weeks, I was pretty whacky...but I was also really upset, so I just defended him the way I felt I could with help from a few other posters (like earl the habs fan, dead, kovalev47...) until recently I took it down a notch because of the enormous amount of flaming I received for doing so.

They "hate" Huet, honestly, because he's the only thing standing in Carey Price's way, according to them, and they're so blinded by his hype they can't realize that Huet is as good as he ever was and is outplaying him by a fair margin this season.

It's been said before, "only wins count for a goalie".

Of course the Price supporters will say that, because that is the ONLY thing that Price has going for him more than Huet this season, one more win (wow) because in every other category, that MATTERS for a goalie when you like to debate like we do on these boards, Price is not even in the same league as Huet.
GAA: calculates how many goals a goalie lets in on average a game and is arguably the most important stat for a goalie when you're evaluating how good he is.

Huet: 2.32
Price: 2.70

'Nuff said.

SPCT: calculates how efficient a goalie is, how many saves he makes, the higher the better, the higher the more he stops, it's that simple.

Huet: .928
Price: .915

'Nuff said.

We can go on all day...but in the end, the Price clan is just too stubborn to think clearly like the STATS show.

And wins?

Last time I checked, wins are a team effort and win is earned by a goalie when the WHOLE 18 players out there do something to win collectively.

Price doesn't score goals, kill penalties, set up a powerplay or backcheck..yet you think a win is what a goalie gets on his own!
Truth of a matter is, again statistically, the Habs score much less for Huet when he's in net than Price while Huet gives up less goals than Price = mostly lower scoring, tight games...take a stupid penalty, cough the puck up, and we should deserve to lose.

So don't tell me wins are all that matters, because you are so wrong.

On a happier note, Happy Holidays to all of you, I must admit it's a little tiring always arguing on these boards but when you look at it, it's a tad fan.

Defend your goalie, slobber all over him.

and we'll defend ours, the one that deserves to be defended.
I was kind wondering when you were gonna show up.....you put some thought into that post, congrats.

For the record, as i've mentionned many time, i do not want to trade Cristo, but i do believe the goalies should be playing about the same number of games...maybe a little more for Cristo, like 45 to 35 or something. Huet is still the number one, but obviously Price needs to develop. If you're asking me who has been better overall this year, then yes Huet has been better for sure. But Price has been very impressive and the reason Habs fans want to see more of him is that at 20 years old, he's just scratching the surface of his potential. He's feeling more and more comfortable in each game and watching him plays the puck is just awesome.

Some people I agree probably think we should trade Huet, but don't confuse that with those that just like watching Price develop in front of our eyes..Its nothing against Huet..

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:52 AM
  #44
Africa.
Registered User
 
Africa.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Quebec
Posts: 3,872
vCash: 500
I dont mind Huet. I just hate the fact that he always chokes a 1 goal-lead, and cannot make a shootout save at any point in time.

Africa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:56 AM
  #45
couris
Registered User
 
couris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
I dont mind Huet. I just hate the fact that he always chokes a 1 goal-lead, and cannot make a shootout save at any point in time.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:00 AM
  #46
BARLOUTE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
I dont mind Huet. I just hate the fact that he always chokes a 1 goal-lead, and cannot make a shootout save at any point in time

price seem not to be able to get is first shout out since he should have a few .

Lets just leave both goalie alone lol. i dont care who is in net , yes i like price because he is our futur goalie , but we had one name theo that did not last long so we never know with goalies.

BARLOUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:05 AM
  #47
Africa.
Registered User
 
Africa.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Quebec
Posts: 3,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOUTE View Post
I dont mind Huet. I just hate the fact that he always chokes a 1 goal-lead, and cannot make a shootout save at any point in time

price seem not to be able to get is first shout out since he should have a few .

Lets just leave both goalie alone lol. i dont care who is in net , yes i like price because he is our futur goalie , but we had one name theo that did not last long so we never know with goalies.
Are you talking about shutouts? If then, I dont care about them, at least Price does not choke every single time.

Africa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:09 AM
  #48
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
I like Huet and I like Price...and I don't understand all the abuse Huet gets on this board either. He has played very very well this season and I wish they re-sign him for one or two more year to share time with Price as they are doing. (Now comes SK and balblalblablalblablabl Huet wants to be # 1 balblalbalblab whatever).


Shoot-outs are gimmicks.
Huet is the #1.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:14 AM
  #49
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
I dont mind Huet. I just hate the fact that he always chokes a 1 goal-lead, and cannot make a shootout save at any point in time.
I really can't blame Cristobal for that. I can't believe others have. How many of those "last 5-10 minutes" were Powerplays? Probably next to all of them. Montreal screws up as a team, gets a penalty, and because Huet can't stop a 5 on 4 (no fault to the D, just Huet), its Huet's fault. He's not clutch.

How about the team being clutch for him?

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:18 AM
  #50
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,154
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He played great in Washington and then was atrocious in Atlanta, he never looked comfortable making a save and the first goal was just gross.. the second goal, while he probably wouldn't have stopped it, he essentially shoulda just skated outta the net because his save attempt was ridiculous.. he faceplanted like Aebischer.

Huet is not good in shootouts, everyone knows this. Price gets bashed his fair share too, if you'd care to notice.. every goal he lets in is apparently "weak" no matter if the team is letting 30 shots on him a period.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.