HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

why not get jeff carter

Old
12-23-2007, 03:16 AM
BARLOUTE

vCash: 500
why not get jeff carter

I know since philly are talking about trading carter , we dont hear him in montreal , but i think carter would be a great fit in montreal , he is young a very tall center and will probably be bigger with the year to come, i am not sure what we would have to give for him , but i would love to see a guy like carter in montreal, just wondering what people think about this guy in montreal, i am maybe dreaming but it would be nice to know what he would cost us.

BARLOUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 04:15 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOUTE View Post
I know since philly are talking about trading carter , we dont hear him in montreal , but i think carter would be a great fit in montreal , he is young a very tall center and will probably be bigger with the year to come, i am not sure what we would have to give for him , but i would love to see a guy like carter in montreal, just wondering what people think about this guy in montreal, i am maybe dreaming but it would be nice to know what he would cost us.
What would it take to get Chipchura and Streit?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 04:24 AM
BARLOUTE

well if this would take jeff carter , tell me where do i sign lol . to bad me and you arent gm , we would be easy to deal with lol

Old
12-23-2007, 04:54 AM
mercury

Quote:
well if this would take jeff carter , tell me where do i sign lol . to bad me and you arent gm , we would be easy to deal with lol
I think it would take a little more (especially with Streit as a UFA who will want a raise), but we need a defensive 3rd line center, and a top-4 puck-moving defenseman who can play 1st PP unit minutes, so that would help. We can use a top-flight goalie prospect, too. How is Chipchura at faceoffs?

Old
12-23-2007, 05:03 AM
BARLOUTE

Chipchura seem to be winning more face off then he is losing. I would think with chipchura , streit and halak in a deal for carter and somekind of draft would be nice to do since halak may not have much chance to play in montreal.

Old
12-23-2007, 05:09 AM
decadentia

Hope you aren't expecting him to be a playmaking center. He definitely needs someone to feed him the puck.

Anyone know Ales Hemsky's phone # ?

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 05:33 AM
habs4eva

I would love to see Jeff Carter in MTL. i think we will fit perfectly here. he has loads of potential and will improve in years to come. He could explode just like Richards did this year in Phiily. And at this point in time, it wouldnt cost as much to get him. I have heard various proposals regarding Carter, and the one Philly fans happily agreed and suggested themselves was:

Halak + 1st Round Pick for Carter

But maybe we can twist it a lil and offer something like:

Halak + Grabovski + 2nd Rd Pick
for
Carter

habs4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 05:37 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs4eva View Post
I would love to see Jeff Carter in MTL. i think we will fit perfectly here. he has loads of potential and will improve in years to come. He could explode just like Richards did this year in Phiily. And at this point in time, it wouldnt cost as much to get him. I have heard various proposals regarding Carter, and the one Philly fans happily agreed and suggested themselves was:

Halak + 1st Round Pick for Carter

But maybe we can twist it a lil and offer something like:

Halak + Grabovski + 2nd Rd Pick
for
Carter
Wow, Flyers fans agreed to that? That does absolutely nothing for the Flyers.

Old
12-23-2007, 06:25 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I would do 1st+ Halak for Carter in a heartbeat!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 06:28 AM
BARLOUTE

seem like lots of the flyers fans would not mind to trade carter and lots of habs fan would like to have carter, hope Gainey see this message , cause some other team will come to get carter before us. please Gainey make yourself a favor and go get carter

Old
12-23-2007, 08:00 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

we already have a 2nd line C (Plekanec) and a 3rd line C (Chipchura), and both are young and doing their job just fine...

so unless Carter can give us 1st line minutes AND 1st line point-production, there's really no point in getting him...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:02 AM
BARLOUTE

koivu dont have for many years for us , i dont think plekanec will be as good as carter so thats why i think it would be nice to have him , he could become our center we always wanted , we have nothing to lose if we can have him.

Old
12-23-2007, 08:11 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
koivu dont have for many years for us , i dont think plekanec will be as good as carter so thats why i think it would be nice to have him , he could become our center we always wanted , we have nothing to lose if we can have him.
unless he can get 80+ points a season, he's definitely NOT the center "we" always wanted...

for the 60-65 points a season, we already have Plekanec...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:13 AM
decadentia

Quote:
seem like lots of the flyers fans would not mind to trade carter and lots of habs fan would like to have carter, hope Gainey see this message , cause some other team will come to get carter before us. please Gainey make yourself a favor and go get carter
I really don't see where you are getting Flyers fans wanting to ship this guy out. When you proposed us trading him on our board we asked for Aebischer + Ribeiro + 2nd

Old
12-23-2007, 08:13 AM
BARLOUTE

well i think he will do more points then plecanek , and he is younger , but i think right now if we could want a good tall and big def for not to expensive , carter could be the one.

Old
12-23-2007, 08:23 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Don't touch to Chipper...

I would offer Lapierre, Streit and 2008 2nd...

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:27 AM
BARLOUTE

their is lot of rumor saying that philly want to trade him and in lot of forum that philly fan want to trade him. so i just thought it would be nice to get him. and about abisher and ribeiro i know it show that this fan was saying that he dont want to trade him , but other fan want to trade carter so i juste wanted to know what the fan would be willing to take to give up carter.

Old
12-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Patty Roy

I agree that the Habs should be targeting Jeff Carter. When was the last time we had a big, talented center?

I wouldn't hesitate one bit to throw a 1st and Halak to Phily if that's all they wanted, but i suspect it wouldn't be enough to get a deal done.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
I agree that the Habs should be targeting Jeff Carter. When was the last time we had a big, talented center?
Big? Yes.
Tough? No.

He doesn't fit on the Flyers because he is pretty soft. Think Radek Bonk. That's about all we're getting out of him.

I'd kill for a Chipchura/Latendresse/Richards 3rd line. The whole line could win several Selke's.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:28 AM
BARLOUTE

He doesn't fit on the Flyers because he is pretty soft. Think Radek Bonk. That's about all we're getting out of him.

dont fit on the flyers cause richard and briere is having good season.

I'd kill for a Chipchura/Latendresse/Richards 3rd line. The whole line could win several Selke's

richards who your talking about i am

mike richard last years 2006-2007 Flyers 59 10 22 32 -12 52 1 4 3
jeff carter last years 2006-2007 Flyers 62 14 23 37 -17 48 3 2 1

pretty similar years for both player , look this years richard got better before carter so carter lost is place , since briere is there and richard is having a uge season , it dont give much chance to carter. to me jeff carter is still a very good player.

Old
12-23-2007, 11:05 AM
mcphee

Not sure I beleve he's being shopped, but hasn't he been playing on the wing ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 11:10 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Not sure I beleve he's being shopped, but hasn't he been playing on the wing ?
Not really, but he has been on Richards' wing at a few points after penalties and when we had 11 forwards and 7 defensemen the last few games. He has been centering Hartnell and Upshall on the 3rd line before Gagne was injured and through the lines into havoc.

Old
12-23-2007, 11:19 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Not really, but he has been on Richards' wing at a few points after penalties and when we had 11 forwards and 7 defensemen the last few games. He has been centering Hartnell and Upshall on the 3rd line before Gagne was injured and through the lines into havoc.
My mistake. I see him as a shoot first type of offensive player though, he seems like a winger to me.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 11:21 AM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

What about Ryan White?

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 11:46 AM
yvan74

Lets forget about Carter guys!!!

Carter is still very young and as the potential to be a 100 points a season man! This is a future franchise player!

I can see him geting 85 points season in a year or 2!

so.... lets say if we would realy want him we would have to be willing to pay...

Komi + bouillon + 1 round 2008

Thats what I think!

yvan74 is offline   Reply With Quote