HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brooks-Rangers inquired about James Vandermeer

Old
12-24-2007, 08:08 PM
The New Originals

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I don't think Pittsburgh would.
why? Prucha playing with Crosby or Malkin will score 30 goals atleast.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2007, 05:53 AM
eco's bones

Main problem with the straight up Prucha for Orpik deal is Prucha in Pittsburgh might regain his scoring touch while Orpik might walk away from us at the end of the season or cost too much to resign. Expand it out a bit Prucha and Mara for Armstrong and Orpik sounds better.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2007, 09:28 AM
mattyd99

The defensemen to go after is Barrett Jackman, but something tells me JD isn't going to just give him to us. And a Malik, Prucha, and a pick isn't going to do it(not that those trades ever really happen anyway).

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2007, 11:39 AM
eco's bones

Jackman seems to have maybe gotten over the injury bug but -13 in 33 games on a team 6 games over .500 would make me wonder. The other thing is like Orpik he is free to sign with anyone after this season is over. The Rangers may lack enough grit on defense--they lack size at forward and some of their grittier players like Hollweg and Orr lack talent. Truthfully I'd rather address the forward positions--add in a player or two who bring size and grit and some skill. Right now there may be one guy on the farm--Greg Moore who seems ready for better things who may be able to help.

Old
12-25-2007, 01:06 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingasitseems View Post
why? Prucha playing with Crosby or Malkin will score 30 goals atleast.
"At least"? I don't see it. He lacks the speed to keep up with either of them; he's too small/light/weak to do anything more than move quickly into and out of traffic; and while he's got nice hands, he's not got great ones. As he proved in his freshman year, he's at his best on the PP when there's more room and many teams are less aggressive in their puck pursuit.

I could see Prucha being a 25-28 goal guy in Pitt provided he got sufficient PP time.

That said, I wouldn't deal him for Orpik.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Fletch

His -13...

stands out because his team is largely plusses with a few small minuses. He's a good defenseman though.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2007, 07:10 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Main problem with the straight up Prucha for Orpik deal is Prucha in Pittsburgh might regain his scoring touch while Orpik might walk away from us at the end of the season or cost too much to resign. Expand it out a bit Prucha and Mara for Armstrong and Orpik sounds better.
id do that, doubt the pens would. how about this:

Prucha, Mara, Hossa
Armstrong Orpik Talbot

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 01:32 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
stands out because his team is largely plusses with a few small minuses. He's a good defenseman though.
I've always liked Jackman Fletch but I was wondering how exactly he was doing after his name was brought up. It makes me think he's been struggling. Looking at our own defense Malik has struggled all year long. Mara's provided almost nothing offensively--one of his supposed strengths--is being partnered mostly with Strudwick keeping him back more or the Rangers system--lack of pwp time? I don't know but for $3 mil or whatever he's making--he's been underwhelming and going into UFA status which should mean he'd be playing his best. I could see Jackman fitting in here if we got one or two of the above out of the picture. We could use a more aggressive d-man.

Old
12-26-2007, 01:36 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
id do that, doubt the pens would. how about this:

Prucha, Mara, Hossa
Armstrong Orpik Talbot
Strange that you don't think the Pens would do Prucha, Mara for Orpik, Armstrong but if we threw Hossa in for Talbot they might. Personally I'd take Talbot over Hossa any day of the week. He might be a little less talented but he's more aggressive, physical, productive player than Hossa--kills penalties etc. We'd save some money besides.

Old
12-26-2007, 06:47 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Strange that you don't think the Pens would do Prucha, Mara for Orpik, Armstrong but if we threw Hossa in for Talbot they might. Personally I'd take Talbot over Hossa any day of the week. He might be a little less talented but he's more aggressive, physical, productive player than Hossa--kills penalties etc. We'd save some money besides.
i forgot that Orpik was an ufa. I thought he had one more year for some reason. talbot is more offensive than betts. id take talbot over betts

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 08:31 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Right now there may be one guy on the farm--Greg Moore who seems ready for better things who may be able to help.
There truly seems not to be a reason as to why not give him a shot as a 3rd line wing. Anymore than why not give Baranka a shot at unseating Malik or Strudwick.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 11:32 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
There truly seems not to be a reason as to why not give him a shot as a 3rd line wing. Anymore than why not give Baranka a shot at unseating Malik or Strudwick.
Agree on both counts. The Rangers don't have size at forward and too many of them are underachieving whether younger or older. Moore is scoring at more than a point of game--which is better than either Callahan or Dawes did last year in the AHL. He has size--is a +20 and is supposed to be very good defensively.

All of Mara, Malik and Strudwick will be going on the free agent market during the summer. Not one of them is playing well. I'm more than willing to see what Baranka can do. It can't get much worse--those three are only placeholders at this point in time.

I don't think that change is always necessary but too many on this particular team are not playing with enough pride. I'm thinking that they need a bit of a shakeup and I'd rather start off by giving some kids a chance.