HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston/Washington trade proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2007, 03:20 PM
  #1
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Richard Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
Boston/Washington trade proposal

Glenn Murray and a 4th round pick for Viktor Kozlov... thoughts

__________________
Follow me on twitter here: https://twitter.com/Richie_Murray
Richard Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 03:23 PM
  #2
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
I liked this deal, until I checked how much Murray makes. 4.15 is just to much salary to take on.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 03:25 PM
  #3
CapsHockey8
 
CapsHockey8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
If Murray has a pulse I'll take him for Kozlov.

CapsHockey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 03:25 PM
  #4
The Viking Fury
Registered User
 
The Viking Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,644
vCash: 500
how many years left on murray's contract?

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 03:27 PM
  #5
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
how many years left on murray's contract?
Just 1, but even that is to much. That is salary this team could use on a defensman.

Replacing one old, past his best RW for another who makes 1.65 more is not the answer.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 03:29 PM
  #6
CapsHockey8
 
CapsHockey8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
Just 1, but even that is to much. That is salary this team could use on a defensman.

Replacing one old, past his best RW for another who makes 1.65 more is not the answer.
On a more serious note, this probably isn't that great for us. Although Murray has scored more this year, and the 4th rounder could be used on a defenseman. Still, nothing really to be gained right now from this.

CapsHockey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 03:32 PM
  #7
The Viking Fury
Registered User
 
The Viking Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
Just 1, but even that is to much. That is salary this team could use on a defensman.

Replacing one old, past his best RW for another who makes 1.65 more is not the answer.
Yeah, I'd think about it a little if Murray's contract ended this year. No way to this trade proposal.

Kozlov for Lucic i'd do

Alberts would also be nice, and hilarious considering we have Mo and Jurcina from them.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 03:48 PM
  #8
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 42,495
vCash: 500
No. Kozlov brings a lot of things the Caps need. He is even a lightning rod for criticism that keeps the pressure off the younger players.

really, though, all Kozlov is not doing is scoring goals. 10 games this month. 0 goals, 6 assists, +5. He has played on three different lines and has played center and wing.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 04:35 PM
  #9
The Viking Fury
Registered User
 
The Viking Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,644
vCash: 500
I could get assists by screwing up the play and being lucky that Semin and Ovechkin are there to unload that shot.

Its a shame Zubrus wanted so much, because he'd finally be a winger here. Oh well, when Kozlov's contract is up Bouchard should be ready.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 05:13 PM
  #10
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
I could get assists by screwing up the play and being lucky that Semin and Ovechkin are there to unload that shot.

Its a shame Zubrus wanted so much, because he'd finally be a winger here. Oh well, when Kozlov's contract is up Bouchard should be ready.
Kozlov made a beautiful pass to set up Backstrom behind the net in the Buffalo game.

Kozlov may be underachieving a little bit, but he was brought in to be a backup plan at center, and depth scoring forward if things did pan out. He hasn't been great, and he hasn't been horrible. For the $$$ he's getting, he's not the most disappointing signing of the offseason, and he's an inch away from being 2 for 2 on the shootout.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 05:16 PM
  #11
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
No. Kozlov brings a lot of things the Caps need. He is even a lightning rod for criticism that keeps the pressure off the younger players.

really, though, all Kozlov is not doing is scoring goals. 10 games this month. 0 goals, 6 assists, +5. He has played on three different lines and has played center and wing.
Now that's funny.

I can just read his career bio "Kozlov brought many leadership intangibles including the ability to suck enough to draw criticism away from other players who are sucking too".

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 05:19 PM
  #12
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Kozlov made a beautiful pass to set up Backstrom behind the net in the Buffalo game.

Kozlov may be underachieving a little bit, but he was brought in to be a backup plan at center, and depth scoring forward if things did pan out. He hasn't been great, and he hasn't been horrible. For the $$$ he's getting, he's not the most disappointing signing of the offseason, and he's an inch away from being 2 for 2 on the shootout.


He's not what I hoped for, but he's better than Beech with the upside if he starts playing well again, that he could easily surpass the scoring Zubrus gave (for 900k less a year and not for 5 more years).

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 06:15 PM
  #13
malyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The City by the Bay
Posts: 3,733
vCash: 500
Guys, kozlov has averaged .59 points per game over his nhl career.

This year he is averaging .58 ppg.

He's also 4th on the team in points with 21 behind backstrom, nyls, ovi.

Sure, everyone wants to see him score some goals. But he is producing at his career clip.

I think we all felt that playing with Ovi would jumpstart kozlov a bit. It doesn't appear that it has. But his production hasn't dropped at all (career wise) and he is filling an important role. He's a utility forward and he's been used that way playing both center and rw up and down the lineup.

He's hardly a flop. At the most he's a slight disappointment since he was supposed to gel with Ovi. But he's doing exactly what he's done his entire career production wise.

malyk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 06:18 PM
  #14
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,965
vCash: 500
In the grand scheme of things, Kozlov is not one of the issues this team has.

He's not essential enough to be an important problem, nor is he paid enough to be considered an important problem. Would it be nice if he scored more? Sure. But not every player can be Jeff Schultz.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 07:15 PM
  #15
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 42,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
Now that's funny.

I can just read his career bio "Kozlov brought many leadership intangibles including the ability to suck enough to draw criticism away from other players who are sucking too".
Its sad, but true. Its nothing to be proud of, but as Kozlov is a whipping boy wherever he plays, he is a lightning rod.

On the otherhand I had no idea that he has been +5 this month. That is actually pretty impressive considering he has played full games on three different lines.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 07:56 PM
  #16
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
In the grand scheme of things, Kozlov is not one of the issues this team has.

He's not essential enough to be an important problem, nor is he paid enough to be considered an important problem. Would it be nice if he scored more? Sure. But not every player can be Jeff Schultz.
I agree, Kozlov is not the reason why this team isn't winning more.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:21 PM
  #17
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
I agree, Kozlov is not the reason why this team isn't winning more.

No single player is, but when your skill players don't perform, you lose.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 02:24 AM
  #18
Burgh32
Registered User
 
Burgh32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: S.J
Posts: 1,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
No single player is, but when your skill players don't perform, you lose.
I have always had a problem with calling Kozlov a 'skill' player. He has some skill but has never ever been a big scorer except for maybe one year. I don't know what we expected from him other than this.

Burgh32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 04:16 AM
  #19
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgh32 View Post
I have always had a problem with calling Kozlov a 'skill' player. He has some skill but has never ever been a big scorer except for maybe one year. I don't know what we expected from him other than this.
I expected at least 50 points and 20 goals. Not sure about everyone else.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 08:33 AM
  #20
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgh32 View Post
I have always had a problem with calling Kozlov a 'skill' player. He has some skill but has never ever been a big scorer except for maybe one year. I don't know what we expected from him other than this.
I'm with you on this one.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 08:42 AM
  #21
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
I expected at least 50 points and 20 goals. Not sure about everyone else.
you expected a career year out of him? I expected a little below his career best. He may not be there in goals, but he's more or less there in points.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 09:18 AM
  #22
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 42,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
I expected at least 50 points and 20 goals. Not sure about everyone else.
He has one 20 goal season on his resume. It would be great if he built on that with the Capitals, but I think I planned on being happy if he was average to his career. In points that seems to be happening.

I also think that things will even out for him. He is second on the team in shots on goal by a significant margin. Usually consistant shots on the net result in goals. If his shots were going in at his career average rate he would have 8 to 10 goals and would be on his way to a career season.

My take, he had a 15% shooting percentage last season on a career 8.8%. He is at 3% right now. The two added together would be about his career average. His breaks are evening out right now and at somepoint this season the puck will start going in for him with regularity if he continues to produce shots on goal.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 10:18 AM
  #23
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
you expected a career year out of him? I expected a little below his career best. He may not be there in goals, but he's more or less there in points.
I don't think Shanwon was alone with those expectations. Hell if Zubrus could put up those point totals why can't Kozlov?

I personally don't think Kozlov has been as bad as people are saying he is. When he signed I thought he was simply a quality place holder until either Fehr or Bouchard is ready. Now I think he is just an average place holder.

I still would take Kozlov and his 2.5 for 2 years over Nylander and his 4.875 for 4 any day of the week.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 10:47 AM
  #24
Backstrom #19
Fire them all
 
Backstrom #19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Savannah Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,242
vCash: 500
Clark scored 30 goals with us. So Kozlov, who is more skilled, should at least score 20 goals with us.

__________________
#hfbro4life
Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 11:47 AM
  #25
The Viking Fury
Registered User
 
The Viking Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
Clark scored 30 goals with us. So Kozlov, who is more skilled, should at least score 20 goals with us.
Kozlov may have more skill than Clark, but Clark definitely has more "want." Thats why he got 20, then 30 in two season with AO.

I understand everything about Kozlov, but come on. If you guys could see into the future over the offseason and knew that Kozlov at this point would only have 4 goals you'd all be disappointed.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.