HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Send Down the 3rd Line

Old
12-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Bretzky*

vCash: 500
Oh, and just to add to the madness that is leading some posters to suggest bringing up Korpikoski and Bourret.....

It's time for ANISIMOV!!!!!!!!!

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 08:27 PM
AXN

I think it's time to play them more.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Fletch

There's no help in Hartford...

for this team. This team has the talent and the coach needs to find the pieces to the puzzle. The fourth line has been interesting and this is the exact scenario I saw playing out to start the season (Dubi getting less time than Betts); except I didn't think Dubi would play extensively with Jagr to begin the season. What a blow to Dubi - from Jagr to playing less than Colton Orr.

The fourth line did play well (moreso it was Hollweg and Betts). But this talk about them being a 'shutdown' line does get out of hand. They do play against other fourth lines on more than an occasion. I do believe I saw Neil out there with ORr (and Orr as a deterrent? Neil registered 7 hits - 4 more than his season average). Other lines played well against the top line (and this has been throughout the season - Drury and Jagr have faced top lines extensively throughout the season; funny enough, I don't recall Shanny out there against top lines often).

If the Rangers are having trouble scoring, you don't continue to put out the fourth line, especially when people will be asking where's the scoring from Dawes, etc. Reney has yet to figure out how to get this team going when Jagr isn't carrying it. Amazing.

Rags - you mentioned Dubi and his PP ability: he has 2 PP points (one in his last 10 games) this season. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed in his output this season and have always thought he'd benefit playing a bit more in HFD to find his offensive consistency, something he never had in the AHL. He has the size, skills, etc. Can't really put my finger on why the points aren't coming.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2007, 10:16 PM
94now

Betts line is our 3rd line. Dubi is 4th line C. Betts line has always been our 3rd line. Renney just gave media and fans wrong lead calling it 4th simply to prevent any possible stink coming from both. Betts line is the only line that is done at this time. The rest of the lines are still work in progress. Betts and boys completely outplayed Alfredsson with Heatly. Too bad Staal contributed to all 3 goals that other guys scored against us.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote