HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who calls the shots?

Old
12-24-2007, 12:45 PM
potvins4cups

vCash: 500
Who calls the shots?

Just curious blues fans. pleau is listed as gm but is he really the gm or is davidson the gm and president?

potvins4cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 01:22 PM
funktasticblues93

Send a message via Yahoo to funktasticblues93
Pleau is the GM Davidson has said himself that Pleau does all the calling, Davidson just has final say

funktasticblues93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 02:30 PM
kimzey59

Pleau does all the work that a typical GM would do; but JD has to rubber stamp it before anything is final.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 03:12 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

From interviews and articles and random stuff, it seems that Jarmo has a big hand in a lot of their negotiations and player acquisitions - he doesn't just manage amateur scouting (that may or may not be exaggerated, etc). While Pleau is the numbers guy who manages money and contracts (while still being involved in negotiations, too). JD is probably more active in the player aspect than most presidents, but I don't think he is the mastermind like many people would like to pretend.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 03:49 PM
BluesDarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
From interviews and articles and random stuff, it seems that Jarmo has a big hand in a lot of their negotiations and player acquisitions - he doesn't just manage amateur scouting (that may or may not be exaggerated, etc). While Pleau is the numbers guy who manages money and contracts (while still being involved in negotiations, too). JD is probably more active in the player aspect than most presidents, but I don't think he is the mastermind like many people would like to pretend.
I disagree, sorta.

I do believe that Jarmo is involved, but what other than JD's arrival has made Pleau this much better? It can't be coincidence.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Prussian_Blue

Watch the Blues All-Access Draft Special that was broadcast on FOX Sports Midwest, and then tell me how involved -- and how competent -- you think Larry Pleau is.

It blows my mind the way some people still want to look for any flimsy excuse to talk smack about Pleau. He's got nothing to prove to anyone, least of all the people who still can't see the forest for the trees.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2007, 12:02 AM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post

Watch the Blues All-Access Draft Special that was broadcast on FOX Sports Midwest, and then tell me how involved -- and how competent -- you think Larry Pleau is.

It blows my mind the way some people still want to look for any flimsy excuse to talk smack about Pleau. He's got nothing to prove to anyone, least of all the people who still can't see the forest for the trees.

P_B

Well said. Anyone who watched that special on FSN(It was on NHL network recently too) clearly saw Larry having the final say on more than 1 decision at the table with Jarmo.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2007, 10:39 AM
br0therj0e

Actually it's all really simple as far as that goes according to Pleau haters

If it's a great trade, even a steal-JD made the trade

If it's a terrible trade or one that doesn't make sense-Pleau made it

Simple as that.

br0therj0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 09:00 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Jarmo is Asst GM, isn't he? It seems to me to be a good mix between the 3 of them but ultimately JD's rubber stamp is required when it comes to the end of the line.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote