HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Who would be in the Hall of Fame if you got to choose?

Old
12-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Crosbyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny O View Post
What do you guys think of this post?
I like it. If Curtis gets in, the doors are wide open so a case can be made for almost anyone.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
I wouldn't put Jarri Kurri, Howie Morenz, or Mike Modano in.
So the all-time leading US point and goal scorer doesn't belong in the Hall? I don't particularly care for Modano (some stuff he said during the lockout cheesed me off), but I can't deny his accomplishments either. He should most definitely be in the Hall after he retires IMO.

I'll leave the Kurri part alone, because other people have already said it.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 09:07 PM
pappyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Hence why the mention "Offensively, I think those guys doesn't belong".

I think the main knack about Olmstead was that Bonin was able to step, do roughly the same job... and earn a Retroactive C.S. in place of Olmstead. I understand that Bonin had an injury-shortened career, and could have been a HHOF, should his career would have been longer (hypothesis...), but still, we can argue that, for a short time, the replacement player was better than the original player.
Not logical. Bonin had one exceptional playoff and 2 or 3 average NHL seasons and you are calling him better than Olmstead & a potential HOFer. Bonin only got the job because Olmstead moved on to toronto where he was a key player for the next 3 seasons. Helped them get into the playoffs in 59 & was still there when they won the cup in 62.

Don't forget that Olmstead scored 20 as a rookie & set an assist record in 55-56. To say that bonin was an improvement is a bit of a stretch. I like Bonin but lets not get carried away.

pappyline is offline   Reply With Quote