HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT:2007 crop of posters recognition thread

Old
12-25-2007, 11:45 PM
One Trick Pony

vCash: 500
I don't know for you guys, but I really enjoy reading myself.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 12:03 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Well I haven't been here for long, but compared to even last year there seems to be a lot more threads of idiocy created to try and irk people. People just making accounts to annoy others.

But this year is not without some great contributors like the already mentioned SKostitsyn47 and The President, among others (don't know you all by heart).

So in retrospect these morons that seem to be trolling for the sake of trolling go away after a while whereas great posters emerge and stay on.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
I really don't pay attention to the date a poster signed up, or how many posts they have. So I honestly couldn't give proper praise to the Class of 2007. Congrats to The Prez for bringing recognition to the newer posters though.

As for the posters that are claiming that the new guys from 07 are idiots or the worst ever. I suggest you go back and read threads/posts from the last few years before the 07 class started.

I've only been contributing here for just over a year, but I've been reading these boards for the past 4 years. I can tell you that even the so called "Best" posters have come up with idiotic posts from time to time, I'll even include myself.

So before you go grouping a class together and calling them idiots. Take a look in the mirror, none of you are perfect.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot. Enjoy the rest of the Holidays everyone.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Maliki2

Well I should get a little consideration for my post about my holiday present idea!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 12:14 AM
buddahsmoka1

I've noticed that alot of posters read the boards for a long time before they signed up. I was wondering why? I read one thread and wanted to reply to something so I signed up right there on the spot. Didnt you guys ever want to post something you thought should of been said?

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Ledevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Ledevin, Boris Le Tigre, SKostitsyn47 and Erik Estrada are my favourite 07 posters. There could be more of course.
Thanks for the recognition

Quote:
I've noticed that alot of posters read the boards for a long time before they signed up. I was wondering why? I read one thread and wanted to reply to something so I signed up right there on the spot. Didnt you guys ever want to post something you thought should of been said?
I first found this board during the 2003 draft when we drafted Kostitsyn. At that time I was pretty upset of the outcome of the draft and wanted to express my feelings alongside other members, but I just browsed quickly the threads since I didn't have enough time to participate. The other time when I almost signed up is after the 2005 draft. I read all the posts since then, but at that moment, time was a factor so I didn't participate.

Ledevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Well I should get a little consideration for my post about my holiday present idea!
Haha...you should get your own thread.

Old
12-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
For me it was only a casual thing. I started in a hockey pool and a friend of mine told me to check out this site for information.

So once or twice a week I would come on the boards and check out information from each of the different team sites *which my players played for*. Once I started to work from home and had more time I signed up and started posting.

Old
12-26-2007, 01:00 AM
El Wama

First, i personaly enjoy reading real good post from anyone or bad post just to have fun. This board is maybe the best medcine for me when i'm in school or at work. Look, right now i'm in a bad mood because my father his quite sick, but just reading to everybody's post is good to me.
I know that my english is not very good at all, but having to read this board from 2004 helped me to understand more about this language.
I don't pay attention about the year that a member joined us, because a lot of those young new members are maybe way ahead in their knowledge compared to me. When i can contribute, i do so, but i'm not posting a lot as you can see. I prefer read and i consider that by looking at your post it elevates my knowledge to a higher level. But when they're bad, i'm just making fun at of them.
Quote:
I've got friends right now that are reading a lot of hfboards and they have made this site their home page. I don't really know why they don't sing up... I know the first time that i've signed up I was really shy to post because i know when you tell something weird in this board, or something you think is good like a good trade proposal and it isn't for everybody, well you get bashed. Maybe a lot of them just don't want to post because they know that what they're thinking isn't exactly what we want to hear.

My 2¢

El Wama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 01:28 AM
JFB

Personnally, I appreciate the contribution of zx81, JMMR, Habs10Habs, Le Tricolore, and many more.

I'm a long time reader on this board (I don't post often though) and unfortnately, the quality of the posts has decreased a lot in 2007 One reason is the large number of useless replies and sarcasm by posters who think they are funny. I'm sure you recognize them.

JFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 01:34 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Best crop was 2002, 2003 and 2005...

2002 has all the old posters like mcphee, Gros Bill, Vlad the Impaler etc.

2003 was Tuggy, Habsfan18, thief50 etc.

2005 was me, Le Tricolore, AymanD etc.

This year was crap.
I was going to say the 2003 year was the best, but thank you for saving me to do it. (Oh wait did I just said it anyway?)

Edit: I did registered in 2003 but I had like 10 posts before the summer of the lock-out, so I would consider myself in the 2005 crop...

Habs Prospects website

Last edited by habsprospects: 12-26-2007 at 01:40 AM.
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Megaforce

2005's crop = 2girls1cup kinda awful.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 02:09 AM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
If YOU say it, it gotta be true.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 02:41 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
I didn't know anything could be worse than this *****

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 03:46 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

I can appreciate any poster..even the ones i dont agree with on certain aspects..
I just dont like guys that start trade proposal threads in general..its freaking annoying to see new Trade Proposals everyday

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 08:20 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'm well aware that I contribute nothing.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Augustus Pablo

Quote:
I was looking around on this site one year before I joined. I guess I just felt I never really needed to join, until one day I just said **** it, and did. Not a fascinating story really, but that's it.

Augustus Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
He's a good poster, but man is he a big pens homer. I've never seen him say anything positive about anything besides the pens.
Haha you should have seen his contributions to the politics boards in it's heyday. He's a solid poster but he's very biased.

Quote:
Because writing the first thing that comes to your head... leads to the posting epic of 2007.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Nobak

I don't even remember which round I was drafted in

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
I don't even remember which round I was drafted in
I don't remember what round, but I know we passed on 2007SensRule to get you. I was a little reluctant, but AymanD was adamant, screaming "The hands, the hands! Nobak's got a great set of hands." It was true afterall, you type like a mother******.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Brownies

A draft should be considered after 4 years. The same law apply here I think. The people who joined in 2002 had 5 years to earn some recognition, so It's not really fair.

That being said, I really enjoyed the Markov's photoshop thread this year !!!

Brownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Sonik

2003 is the best crop. They all are humble people.

Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 11:01 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
2003 is the best crop. They all are humble people.
I'm a coach-killer.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Habs

2002 members = The Priory of Scion

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I really don't pay attention to the date a poster signed up, or how many posts they have. So I honestly couldn't give proper praise to the Class of 2007. Congrats to The Prez for bringing recognition to the newer posters though.

As for the posters that are claiming that the new guys from 07 are idiots or the worst ever. I suggest you go back and read threads/posts from the last few years before the 07 class started.

I've only been contributing here for just over a year, but I've been reading these boards for the past 4 years. I can tell you that even the so called "Best" posters have come up with idiotic posts from time to time, I'll even include myself.

So before you go grouping a class together and calling them idiots. Take a look in the mirror, none of you are perfect.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot. Enjoy the rest of the Holidays everyone.
That's exactly I was trying to highlight earlier in this thread,I'm glad to see that someone recognize it also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownies View Post
A draft should be considered after 4 years. The same law apply here I think. The people who joined in 2002 had 5 years to earn some recognition, so It's not really fair.

That being said, I really enjoyed the Markov's photoshop thread this year !!!
Interesting comparaison...

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote