HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(proposed) Trade With San Jose

Old
12-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
(proposed) Trade With San Jose

I'm not convinced we should trade Jagr, but since that's been the discussion, how's this:

Jagr, Prucha and Malik for Michalek and Doug Murray.

For us, we get a young LW (our weakest position long-term) and a big, tough defenseman in his prime.

Jose would get Jagr for their championship run, while Prucha would replace Michalek on the left and Malik would replace Murray on D. Now, Prucha and Malik aren't as good as Michalek and Murray, but that's why we would add Jagr. If we have to add a mid-range prospect who is expected to play in the NHL but not be a star (like Sauer, Moore, Pyatt), I'd be fine with it.

LONG TERM PROJECTED LINEUP

Michalek - Gomez - Cherry
Korps/Dawes/Dupont - Drury - ???
Byers/Korps/Dawes/Dupont - Dubinsky/Anisimov/Pyatt - Moore/Bourret

Rosie - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Sang - Murray

Lundqvist

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Nich

we get robbed,......

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

We're giving up too much.

Plus, I don't see San Jose going for it either. I think it works out well for us in the long run, but SJ doesn't need that kind of cap hit with Jagr. Plus they have quite a few struggling veterans as it is (Marleau, Cheechoo) and I doubt they'd want to gamble on JJ in his current slump.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Entrancemperium

If we´re going to trade with san jose I hope it's for Cheechoo

Entrancemperium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 03:14 PM
otto1219

milachek is pretty solid, but its not likely they trade him considering they just resigned him to a long term deal. hes slumping too this year, but was dirty last year.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

**** that

12-26-2007, 03:36 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Why don't we throw in Staal, Sanguinetti and Cherepanov for an extra 2nd round pick while we're at it?

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
we get robbed,......
Ok, then let me explain.

Michalek just turned 23 years old, so he's likely to develop into a first liner. Murray is a big, punishing top-4 defenseman we need.

Jagr is at the end of his career and may well be gone from the Rangers this year. Malik is garbage. And honestly, so is Prucha.

This trade is essentially Jagr for Michalek and Murray, who will be two mainstays on our team for a long time. Jagr will be gone soon, and Malik even sooner. Prucha I don't really like, never did.

I doubt the Jose would do it for less. And while it wouldn't be great for the present, it wouldn't be devastating either. But long-term, it would be great for us.

Old
12-26-2007, 04:26 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Ok, then let me explain.

Michalek just turned 23 years old, so he's likely to develop into a first liner. Murray is a big, punishing top-4 defenseman we need.

Jagr is at the end of his career and may well be gone from the Rangers this year. Malik is garbage. And honestly, so is Prucha.

This trade is essentially Jagr for Michalek and Murray, who will be two mainstays on our team for a long time. Jagr will be gone soon, and Malik even sooner. Prucha I don't really like, never did.

I doubt the Jose would do it for less. And while it wouldn't be great for the present, it wouldn't be devastating either. But long-term, it would be great for us.
yea i dont really see anything wrong with the trade other than san jose not taking it. malik is gone after this year. Jagr may be as well. The only thing that remains is everyone's opinions of prucha.

Old
12-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Nich

Quote:
Ok, then let me explain.

Jagr is at the end of his career and may well be gone from the Rangers this year.
Malik is garbage. And honestly, so is Prucha.

either way Jagr is still more of a definate than him, and really you could probably get both of those players for him and we'd still be under paid

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 04:33 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
either way Jagr is still more of a definate than him, and really you could probably get both of those players for him and we'd still be under paid
why would san jose give up two players, milachek who they just signed to a pretty decent long term contract, (about 4 mill a year if im correct) for an old, struggling, non defensive player in his last year of his contract. They would be the ones being ripped off. Murray is also a pretty good defensemen. The reason prucha is thrown in there so they get a player with potential upswing with youth. malik a short term lease for the playoffs.

To further argue this point, trading jagr for milachek would be like the rangers trading jagr for zach parise. Parise and Milachek essentially got the same exact contract and are about on the same level as talent goes. Let me further add that parise leads all devils in every scoring category. g/a/p

i'd do it in a heartbeat if we fall out of the race. Again, i think this is a good proposal. we pay jagr 4.9 a year or something, milachek makes in the 4s, and has a lot of upswing. This kid can really play.

Old
12-26-2007, 05:34 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
I'm not convinced we should trade Jagr, but since that's been the discussion, how's this:

Lundqvist
Sign me up!

Only problem is I don't think SJ has any interest in moving Michalek, even if it were for Jagr. Cheechoo is a more likely candidate to be shopped around. Cheechoo's value is at an all time low atm and SJ would have to sweeten the deal, maybe with some picks.

Cheechoo, Murray, and a 2nd for Jagr, Prucha, & Malik. Considering that Jagr has never been traded for a decent player, I'd have to say the Rangers would be making out on the deal.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
yea i dont really see anything wrong with the trade other than san jose not taking it. malik is gone after this year. Jagr may be as well. The only thing that remains is everyone's opinions of prucha.
Exactly. If anything, Jose wouldn't do this. The only reason for them to do it is an attempt to win the Cup now. That's why I said that we might have to throw in a prospect like Moore or Sauer to get it done.

Old
12-26-2007, 06:43 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Exactly. If anything, Jose wouldn't do this. The only reason for them to do it is an attempt to win the Cup now. That's why I said that we might have to throw in a prospect like Moore or Sauer to get it done.
Agree 100% - if anything, it's San Jose who is getting robbed. Michalek is a star in the making (do you guys ever watch west coast games?). Jagr has a few years left and Malik/Prucha have little to no trade value. If Slats pulled this one out of his ass I'd be doing cartwheels in front of the Garden.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:28 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers get Bernier and Grier
Sharks get Mara, Prucha, Hossa

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

no chance the sharks trade michalek. he might be cold this year, but who isn't in SJ?

Blue Dot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:35 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
If the Rangers make a trade with the Sharks, Bernier better be involved.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Rangers get Bernier and Grier
Sharks get Mara, Prucha, Hossa
Greir? 11 Points, -3 Bernier?

This guy