HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

habs on TSN

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 05:05 PM
e-e

vCash: 500
habs on TSN

i just checked the schedule on http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=684

Sun., Feb. 1 Chicago @ Montreal
Tues., Feb. 24 Ottawa @ Montreal
Fri., Mar. 19 Montreal @ New Jersey
Wed., Mar. 24 Montreal @ Buffalo

for those without RDS (like me)...it's only me or you guys also think that games could be chosen differently. i mean sens..yes i'm looking forward...
but chicago?... who really want to see chicago?
jersey?....i couldn't watch them even in final lest year (i'm not kidding)
buffalo....well...

why cannot we see game against philadelphia, blues,...instead?

Old
01-21-2004, 05:10 PM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e
i just checked the schedule on http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=684

Sun., Feb. 1 Chicago @ Montreal
Tues., Feb. 24 Ottawa @ Montreal
Fri., Mar. 19 Montreal @ New Jersey
Wed., Mar. 24 Montreal @ Buffalo

for those without RDS (like me)...it's only me or you guys also think that games could be chosen differently. i mean sens..yes i'm looking forward...
but chicago?... who really want to see chicago?
jersey?....i couldn't watch them even in final lest year (i'm not kidding)
buffalo....well...

why cannot we see game against philadelphia, blues,...instead?
because they busy showing leafs games....If you havent noticed, tsn hasnt payed any attention to the habs lately. We have been 10x better then the leafs in the passed couple of months, but tsn focus' on why the leafs are hurting, its a joke

Old
01-21-2004, 05:17 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Well, they gave us quite a few games last year, but the Habs were so horrible they probably dropped a few off of the sked, and made us listen to their secondary set of commentators (Randorf). Now, if we continue to play like this the rest of the year, you'll probably see alot more Habs games next season.

And while they do favour the Leafs, they always have something nice to say about the Habs, Mackenzie just named Julien one of the league's best coaches, and they did a full feature on Sheldon Souray.

Let's face it. It's a national station based in Toronto. The majority of the employees are going to be from that area (aside from the beat reporters), and will come along with a bit of leafs bias. It used to bother me, but we've since gotten RDS for a couple bucks extra a month, which gives me all games, and plenty of post game and pre game talk. TSN will always 'favour' the Leafs, there's nothing to do about it.

Old
01-21-2004, 05:50 PM
RE-HABS

TSN only gets a select few games because I believe the Habs are covered a lot by Sportsnet East for their English games.

I can guarantee you when the "OLD" Leafs start their downward spiral (very soon) and Montreal and all of their youngsters become one of the league "ELITE" you will see more National games on CBC and TSN involving the better and more exciting Habs!

Old
01-21-2004, 06:07 PM
C_Pace

Someone should consider making a sticky out of a "schedule" thread for Habs games in English - including things like tsn+cbc broadcasts of the Habs and Sportsnet Bulldogs games etc. It's not really needed for the RDS french schedule, however... since they cover all of the matches. (But I suppose the french non-Habs games could be included to lessen the monolingual feel of the thread.)

Old
01-21-2004, 06:12 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Pace
Someone should consider making a sticky out of a "schedule" thread for Habs games in English - including things like tsn+cbc broadcasts of the Habs and Sportsnet Bulldogs games etc. It's not really needed for the RDS french schedule, however... since they cover all of the matches. (But I suppose the french non-Habs games could be included to lessen the monolingual feel of the thread.)
Just read the game thread. I always try and post what channel(s) the game is on.

Old
01-21-2004, 06:22 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Let's face it. It's a national station based in Toronto. The majority of the employees are going to be from that area (aside from the beat reporters), and will come along with a bit of leafs bias. It used to bother me, but we've since gotten RDS for a couple bucks extra a month, which gives me all games, and plenty of post game and pre game talk. TSN will always 'favour' the Leafs, there's nothing to do about it.
Actually, the national TSN broadcasts, if memory serves me well, show as many Habs games this year as Leafs. TSN also broadcasts numerous other Leaf games in the Toronto area only. However, total Habs and Leafs games are down from last year. What TSN has done quite differently this year is cover lots of games with other American teams, so there is quite a nice mix from around the league as opposed to the Canadian team homerism of the past (not that I think this is bad, but it does speak to providing something for a broader range of fans).

Old
01-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Darz

e-e, check with your local cable provider and see if you can get RDS.

Up here in Thunder Bay, if you have digital cable you can get RDS added on to your package for about $1 a month. 12 bucks for 82 hab games in an amazing deal. I find it hard to believe that we (up in Thunder Bay) would be able to get that, and you guys (in Toronto area) couldn't.

It's worth looking into.

Oh yeah, and the best part of watching the games on RDS, is I have no idea (or very little, I pick up on things from time to time) what the announcers are talking about.

Old
01-22-2004, 10:41 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Oh yeah, and the best part of watching the games on RDS, is I have no idea (or very little, I pick up on things from time to time) what the announcers are talking about.
That's ok they're not saying anything important anyways. So long as you understand the phrases "Quel arrêt de Théodore!!!" "Quel beau jeux de Ribeiro!!!" and "Le BUUUUUUUUUUT!!!" then you're all set. Oh, and if they sound excited, then Montreal has the puck...

Old
01-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
That's ok they're not saying anything important anyways.
That's what I figured. I've never really need someone to tell me Koivu is skating up the ice and passes it to Ryder, I can see that he did. I know Theo made a good save without someone telling me, so.....

The funny thing is, I don't understand the commentary, but if there is alot of noise around, I will turn up the volume. What's up with that????

Closed Thread