HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our D is still on break?

Old
12-26-2007, 09:48 PM
BlueNhockeytown

vCash: 500
Our D is still on break?

Guess they decided to not show up. Bet Manny is ticked.

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:09 PM
General Veers

The 1st 2 goals were Manny's fault, especially the 1st one.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Mayor Mike

vCash:
Blues D is pretty good. Legace folds under pressure situations - like facing a former team

Old
12-26-2007, 10:13 PM
BlueNhockeytown

Yeah it was on him, but the others I would'nt say were. We've had lots of chances, some bad luck. With Zetterbutg and Holmstrom out, I was hopeing we would have a better go of it.

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Checker*

Yeah, Legace did not look sharp. Also consider when talking about our defense that

*Salvador being out shook up the defensive pairings

*The cheap shot on Jackman from behind (which the pink wing fans are defending) left us without 2 of our defensemen...Jackman who was shaken up and Walker who mauled the piece of trash Franzen as he should of
-side note: great message by the NHL that hits from behind can actually help your team as Franzen didn't get anything for the hit and Walker got an extra 2.

*Erik Johnson has been playing like a rookie tonight. His giveaway led directly to a goal and he's also coughed up the puck a few more times. If his number would be 2 digits lower, things around here would be brutal.

*Backman is playing...

BTW-I'm ok with Murray giving Perron tonight off as a statement that being late isn't acceptable. However, it would be unacceptable to fail to dress him against San Jose as well as #1 he does add a certain element to the team and #2 after the turd the Blues are laying on the ice tonight it shouldn't be hard to find a player that didn't earn their money or their spot tonight.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:24 PM
StLooFrenchy

Manny beefed tonight.

Why aren't they hitting? Where is the punishment? It makes me sick to see the only Blues player to lay more than one hit is Paul Kariya. Where is the passion?

Oh yeah, those Wings are lucky, and I guess all of BabCOCKS *****ing worked.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Checker*

Matt Walker earned some more respect in the lockerroom tonight. That's sadly been the only Blues brightspot tonight

Old
12-26-2007, 10:46 PM
General Veers

Recipe for disaster: Wings score early, crowd sits on hands.
Manny has a rare bad game.
Osgood answers all quality chances.

Old
12-26-2007, 10:54 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Matt Walker earned some more respect in the lockerroom tonight. That's sadly been the only Blues brightspot tonight
I'll have to disagree with you here. Yeah, he pummeled Franzen, but he never layed a single hit all night, and was continually outworked behind the net. The guy is a pylon, he is not NHL caliber.

Other players I don't want to see in the Bluenote any longer: Marty, Mike Johnson, and Hinote.

Old
12-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Mayor Mike

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
Recipe for disaster: Wings score early, crowd sits on hands.
Manny has a rare bad game.Osgood answers all quality chances.
I think Blues fans are really overestimating this guy. He has excellent talent but zero mental toughness. He folds likes cards under pressure.

If you want any hope of going deep in playoffs (you have stiff competition) I would use your solid collection of prospects and enter the Huet bidding war.

Good game. till next time.

Old
12-26-2007, 11:02 PM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy View Post
I'll have to disagree with you here. Yeah, he pummeled Franzen, but he never layed a single hit all night, and was continually outworked behind the net. The guy is a pylon, he is not NHL caliber.

Other players I don't want to see in the Bluenote any longer: Marty, Mike Johnson, and Hinote.
You said it Frenchy. Walker and Marty are infuriating at times. MJ is a warm body whose hot streak is officially OVER. Hinote only makes 1 mil. this year and next so he'll be here regardless, IMO. Maybe if Jacks is hurt the guy in your avatar will get called up?

Last edited by General Veers: 12-27-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old
12-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Checker*

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I never said Walker played well or complimented his effort as a whole tonight. However, his pummeling of Franzen deserves respect. You can't allow another team (especially the Wings) to hit one of your better defensemen like that in any situation. Especially when you are getting outclassed in all aspects of the game on your home ice. That pummeling was the sole bright spot for Matt Walker tonight, I agree. It was also the only bright spot for the Blues tonight as a group.

Old
12-26-2007, 11:09 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
You said it Frenchy. Walker and Marty are infuriating at times. MJ is a warm body whose hot streak is officially OVER. Hinote only makes 1 mil. this year snd next so he'll be here regardless, IMO. Maybe is Jacks is hurt the guy in your avatar will get called up?
God I hope so. Walks is not the answer. It's time for Wagner, Woyrika, or Polak to play.

I might as well throw McKee into the trash recepticle also. He has had one good game here IMO, he has stood around and watched, without much physicality.

Old
12-26-2007, 11:12 PM
General Veers

Good point Checker. I'd really be disappointed if Walker had done nothing.

Old
12-26-2007, 11:13 PM
General Veers

Quote:
God I hope so. Walks is not the answer. It's time for Wagner, Woyrika, or Polak to play.

I might as well throw McKee into the trash recepticle also. He has had one good game here IMO, he has stood around and watched, without much physicality.
Please don't mention Roman!

Old
12-26-2007, 11:14 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Don't get me wrong, I never said Walker played well or complimented his effort as a whole tonight. However, his pummeling of Franzen deserves respect. You can't allow another team (especially the Wings) to hit one of your better defensemen like that in any situation. Especially when you are getting outclassed in all aspects of the game on your home ice. That pummeling was the sole bright spot for Matt Walker tonight, I agree. It was also the only bright spot for the Blues tonight as a group.
Walks did the right thing, it's sad that after that, not one Blue stood up and avenged their fallen team mate; the only mate that played with any kind of edge tonight. He was taken out by a punk-assed ***** that hit him from behind, and we sill got an extra two. The rest of the game should have been a bloodbath, instead, we got the easy listening station.

Old
12-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Checker*

Quote:

Salvador being hurt was kind of a last minute thing apparently during practice, so there really was no time to get someone here for tonight. However after getting Jackman banged up tonight, we cannot go onto this next stretch of games with 2 of our defensemen in questionable shape, one defenseman (Walker) who is basically just an enforcer/fill-in on nights like these and nights where someone earns a benching, one defenseman (Backman) who I really can find no redeeming qualities in, a rookie defenseman, a free agent disappointment, and Brewer who can have some clownshoes moments. We need Wagner if they're sure he's healthy. If not give us Woyrika.

BTW: The only other spirited moment of the game came when a Red Wing attempted to hit Brewer high from behind (since apparently that's no longer a penalty after what happened to Jackman). Brewer responded by punching him repeatedly in the back of the head resulting in matching minors.

You know what...I think I just like seeing Red Wings punched.

Old
12-26-2007, 11:39 PM
StLooFrenchy

The whole thing about Perron being scratched, because of an accident on the highway that made him miss the plane, has left me scratching my head. There are such a thing as extenuating circumstances, but to AM, those only apply to the young'uns. If accountability is the key to ice time, again, why are Hinote, Rucinsky, Mike Johnson, and Walker on this roster? What have they contributed to this team going forward? If the kid couldn't make his plane because he was wooping it up, I could understand his benching. I guess Andy showed him a lesson in spite of the sold out house.

Old
12-26-2007, 11:41 PM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
The whole team didn't show any heart. It was a very disappointing effort, in front of a sold out crowd. They didn't play physical at all, which is the best way to throw the Wings off their game. The team gave the Wings too much space to set up, and they paid the price with 5 goals scored. This defense could be so much better if they threw the body. Hopefully Jackman will be back next game, but I would love to see Woyrika called up.

And also, the powerplay was horrific tonight.

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 01:09 AM
mmitchell19

Horrendous effort tonight. This was the first time this season that I regretted the money I spent for the tickets. The saddest part is that tonight's game may have left a semi-lasting impression on some college kids home for the break.

I don't mind a loss every other game that I attend...I certainly don't mind losing to the class of the league so far. But I am dissatisfied with a Blues team who appeared tonight as if they'd rather have stayed home for Xmas break a couple more days. That sort of effort is not fair to the fans.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 01:29 AM
False520

Well all the "Whatever It Takes" commercials were just really makeing me mad. I agree no heart. But there is an upside if they keep playing like this. We will become sellers at the dead line and the 08 draft is deep.

False520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 01:39 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
I think Blues fans are really overestimating this guy. He has excellent talent but zero mental toughness. He folds likes cards under pressure.

If you want any hope of going deep in playoffs (you have stiff competition) I would use your solid collection of prospects and enter the Huet bidding war.

Good game. till next time.
I really do like Legace, but he has shown a propensity to blow some pressure games.
However, for the 20 December game, Legace was spot-on. He faced 36 shots.

Not a good defensive performance overall. Goaltending bailed out the Blues.
But like we've seen, Legace tends to lose playoff series. And makes wonder if that
is because of a defensive lapse, on Detroit's part, (which is unlikely) or mostly poor goaltending.

Huet? Why? Don't know much about him. But I do think we should start using our goaltending depth in search of the next Brodeur, Roy or some crazy-good, new-age goalie.

Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 12-27-2007 at 01:46 AM.
ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Sharks14*

Where is the blues/wings thread?

Sharks14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 02:58 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Walker is a fine #7 Dman, he adds some toughness back there and isnt afraid to get physical. But he is a #7 Dman for a reason, hes not much of a skater and doesnt know the meaning of offense. And you dont bring up 22-23 year old guys to sit in the press box for the majority of games. How are Polaks and Wags injuries anyways?

And I have to say this was very possibly EJs worst game to date. Brewer was doing a great job skating the puck up tonight, and even made some solid passes. I think Backman would thrive in DETs system, but he brings no physicality to the game, and this hurts him in fans eyes and on the ice. Jackman and McKee werent physical tonight, and McKee made some awful passes.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 08:31 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
I'm all for letting Wagner or Woyrika come back up. A question on Woyrika, will he have to pass through re-entry waivers? If so, I could see somebody picking him up at half the price. I know he made it through waivers earlier in the season, but that was very early on when teams had their full, healthy rosters. I could also see him passing through, since any other team picking him up would have to leave him on the roster. Let me know if I'm missing something. I'm not 100% sure of how the system works.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote