HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Completely ridiculous ...

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Completely ridiculous ...

Primeau as the 4th center of the East Team ?????

Why not Ribeiro ? The All-Star competition is supposed to regroup the most attractive player in the league , Primeau is not an attractive player , he doesn't need a spot on the All Star roster , its really stupid , Ribeiro deserve this spot .

Scott Stevens ???? Gonchar have 43 points and Stevens have stole his place ...

Nicholas Boyton & Adrian Aucoin ???? Why not Chara , Why not Kaberle , Why not Leetch , Why not Tarnstrom ?????????

I just want to tell that All-Star game is going really ridiculous ... I think the fans doesn't need to vote for the starting lineup anymore .

Old
01-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Inertiatic

vCash: 500
Are you serious? Before Ribeiro there are at least 5 other guys worthy. Let's be realistic here. We got two players in the All-Star game, don't complain.

As for Aucoin, have you seen the numbers he's put up this season? You may want to check again

Old
01-22-2004, 09:59 PM
RE-HABS

Buffalo is a team with no player going, Satan is talened enough but the Managers thought he is not deserving of it. It's not all about the points when going, if your a Valuable player for your team and playing well the other GM's notice. Primeau was noticed.

Old
01-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Buffalo is a team with no player going, Satan is talened enough but the Managers thought he is not deserving of it. It's not all about the points when going, if your a Valuable player for your team and playing well the other GM's notice. Primeau was noticed.
Primeau is going because Hitchcock and Quinn picked the team.

Old
01-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Stevens was voted in by the fans, nothing can be done there. Roberts, Primeau and Boynton are all question marks. Savard should be there. As for Satan, he's brutal this year.

Old
01-22-2004, 10:27 PM
H3ro

Nick Boynton, Gary Roberts, Mark Messier and Keith Primeau over Sergei Gonchar, Marc Savard, Mike Ribeiro and Patrick Elias

Old
01-22-2004, 11:08 PM
habsfan19

Primeau shouldn't be there, thats ridiculous, but when your coach is picking the players...thats what happens

lets say CJ was the coach for the All Stars, I think Ribs would be there
Messier is also a ? at his age but he's doing alright this year
when you compare it to the western team, eastern has older players(up front anyways)

Old
01-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Mike8

I'm wondering why Ribeiro wasn't voted into the starting lineup for the All Star game??

Hopefully they don't snub him in the First Team All-Stars at season's end...

Old
01-22-2004, 11:26 PM
arsobro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65

Why not Ribeiro ? The All-Star competition is supposed to regroup the most attractive player in the league , Primeau is not an attractive player , he doesn't need a spot on the All Star roster , its really stupid , Ribeiro deserve this spot .

Nicholas Boyton & Adrian Aucoin ???? Why not Chara , Why not Kaberle , Why not Leetch , Why not Tarnstrom ?????????

I just want to tell that All-Star game is going really ridiculous ... I think the fans doesn't need to vote for the starting lineup anymore .
Kaberle has only 15 points

Old
01-22-2004, 11:57 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I'm wondering why Ribeiro wasn't voted into the starting lineup for the All Star game??

Hopefully they don't snub him in the First Team All-Stars at season's end...
I hope your joking.

Old
01-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Bob Bastards

I think Messier have a place in the all star game. He is 43, still playing at a very high level, probably is last year in the nhl and he is probably the last player active from the great 80 Oiler dynastie.
Primeau, that another story. When you see that player like Heduck (Idon't think I spell is name right), Nagy, Satan and some other are not in the line up, I wonder who pick this team. Primeau was a great player once, but now he is not more then a high profile 3th liner. He did not have a great carrer like Messier or Cheelios to back up is participation.
Also, can somebody tell me why on earth Modano is the first line center in the west? What about Guerin? Those vote up player are crappy,Dallas player have an edge cause fan vote like fly but they don't deserve it. I think we are doom to live with it...

Old
01-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Teezax

Where do you guys from. You watch Primeau play one game and you make an opinion. You should be honored for once that you have at least one Hab going, now you want 3? And where do you come off saying Hitch and Quinn picked the team? It's no secret that primeau doesn't have the "Ribeiro" stats, but any GM in this league would take Primeau over Ribeiro in a heartbeat. The guy is the front runner for the Selke for God's sake. If you want to talk about non deserving, take a look at the Dallas 3 that are starting. Now learn hockey before you call this a dissapointment, and watch more Flyers games.... Ribeiro, give me a break, if you blow on the guy he'll fall.

Old
01-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Where do you guys from. You watch Primeau play one game and you make an opinion. You should be honored for once that you have at least one Hab going, now you want 3? And where do you come off saying Hitch and Quinn picked the team? It's no secret that primeau doesn't have the "Ribeiro" stats, but any GM in this league would take Primeau over Ribeiro in a heartbeat. The guy is the front runner for the Selke for God's sake. If you want to talk about non deserving, take a look at the Dallas 3 that are starting. Now learn hockey before you call this a dissapointment, and watch more Flyers games.... Ribeiro, give me a break, if you blow on the guy he'll fall.

Is Kris Draper going? He's the front runner for Selke and by far. I didn't see his name in the west lineup. All-star game is just that.. it's not about defense and hard hitting. Sure, I'd take Primeau ahead of Ribs but not in the all-star game. Keith Primeau does not belong, nor do Roberts and Boynton. Thats it, thats all.

Old
01-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Habs

Quote:

Getting rediculous? It always has been a joke, and always will be. BTW Messier was the commissioner's pick, and is usually reserved for a player of past accomplishments and dedication to the game... Messier deserves it.

As others have posted, look at who Dallas is sending to the game.... just a tad bit of ballot stuffing going on in Dallas as usual. Hejduk should be there, and of course.. so should a host of others.

At least we have two players going, we haven't had that since 93, if I am not mistaken,... when Desjardins and Roy made the game.

Ribeiro? I'm not sure how he is allstar material yet. Every team can make a case for one player.. but we just have to be happy with Souray and Theo being chosen.

Good for Primeau. I think the fans should be happy that the league finally has singled out players in this game, who aren't always on the score sheet but bring other aspects which make them allstar material.

Old
01-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Not The One

Quote:
Did you watch the game tuesday night? Did ya notice Ribeiro's passes on our first two goals? Tell me who was better in THAT game.

Old
01-23-2004, 10:12 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Good for Primeau. I think the fans should be happy that the league finally has singled out players in this game, who aren't always on the score sheet but bring other aspects which make them allstar material.
I think that's the rationale with Roberts, too. I'm the first to dump on the Leafs, but even I can admit that Roberts is a huge part of the reason they are where they are right now, despite his un-all-star numbers. Take him off that team and they would be where we are now, or lower. If Quinn were not the coach he would not have been picked; I'm pretty sure of that. But it's an easily defendable pick nonetheless.

Old
01-23-2004, 10:18 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Then Ribeiro gets up and sets up a goal. I don't know why Primeau is such a lightning rod for criticism. If Madden were there people would applaud a defensive center getting recognition, Primeau shoild be seen in the same light. He gets the defensive assignments and he does the job. His numbers aren't big but he can dominate defensively. Relax, though, young fans want to see their young players recognized, nothing wrong with that. Your "you should be honored" crack condescends in a manner that your team's historical performance doesn't justify. We haven't won in 10 years but then again.... Yes I know the Flyers have been a solid team for awhile now, good for you.

Old
01-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Darz

Quote:
I agree with a couple of the points you make, but in all honesty if every GM in the league had the choice between Primeau and Ribeiro, I think alot would take the more offensive, young Ribeiro.
The fact that you make comments like "Ribeiro, give me a break, if you blow on the guy he'll fall' tells me you should take your own advice and watch more habs games and I think you'll change your tune.
Ad for Primeau making the allstar team over Rib's, I think that is the right call. Primeau has had a good year and has been a good player for a long time now. No way I consider him named to the team a mistake. If Rib's can keep playing like he has so far this season over his career, he will be attending a few allstar games as well though.

Old
01-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Makarov

Quote:
If I had to pick a single defenseman in the East, it would have to be Adrian Aucion...

No single player personifies the term workhorse as well as him, he plays ridiculous number of munites per game, second only to Sergei Gonchar in the East when it comes to TOI...

He's on pace for a 50 point season...

Best of all, he's an ASTOUNDING +24 on an 8th placed team in the East, face it the NYI are not much of a powerhouse...

Personally I am rooting for him when it comes to Norris...

As for Gonchar, he's a perennial All Star member, being left out in an year where he has among the worst +/- for defensemen does not matter...

The only questionable choice is Nick Boynton...

Old
01-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I agree with a couple of the points you make, but in all honesty if every GM in the league had the choice between Primeau and Ribeiro, I think alot would take the more offensive, young Ribeiro.
The fact that you make comments like "Ribeiro, give me a break, if you blow on the guy he'll fall' tells me you should take your own advice and watch more habs games and I think you'll change your tune.
Ad for Primeau making the allstar team over Rib's, I think that is the right call. Primeau has had a good year and has been a good player for a long time now. No way I consider him named to the team a mistake. If Rib's can keep playing like he has so far this season over his career, he will be attending a few allstar games as well though.
I appreciate your reply, but in all honesty i live in Montreal, so YES, i do watch almost every Hab game or hear about it. I know what Ribeiro can do, but you cannot compare his one sided game to Primeau. When he broke his thumb, and was out of the lineup indefinetly we completely looked flat on the ice, what he brings is a lot more than paper stats. That is what the GM's and VIP's saw, and that's why he's in. Hitch has maybe 2% power in bringing him there.
The problem with Ribs is he hasn't really been noticed outside of the Montreal Media. We blow him up to be the next coming of Gretzky, the kid's good but unless he can matchup well against the other big centres in the east, he will always go unnoticed. And yes I know the Habs just beat the Flyers, but who cares, it's one game out of the last 7... and our D was depleted!
No excuses though, you were due.

Old
01-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Tricolore#20

I'm pretty sure that the coaches, Hitchcock and Quinn didn't select the allstar teams. I read somewhere that they have a committee to decide these things.

That said, I don't think Ribs should be there. Sure, it would be great for the Habs to have another rep, but we already have 2 players, and there are other players in the East who could also play in that game.

Old
01-23-2004, 01:44 PM
mcphee

Also, it's just a friggin' all star game. I love sports. These meaningless exhibition games aren't sports. Does anyone really watch this ? The whole game ?

Old
01-23-2004, 01:47 PM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
Primeau is going because Hitchcock and Quinn picked the team.
Wrong.

Colin Campbell and a panel of GMs pick the reserves.

Old
01-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Corey

Quote:

I agree with you on Primeau but Ribeiro doesn't mean anything to the fans outside Montréal. Maybe next year. Aucoin is very good. Gonchar may have 43 points but he's a -22. Scott Stevens has a concussion and can't play, Boynton is the best D on the Bruins. Leetch has a bad ankle and isn't playing well.

Old
01-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Maithz

vCash:
I don't think someone gets my point ... I says that all the player who are attractive like Ribeiro , Savard , Kozlov need to be here , its all about stats , the fans want to watch a show not defensive player , the fans want offensive and Primeau , Aucoin are defensive , I hope you get my opinion now .

Closed Thread