HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr to NYR!!?

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Habber

vCash: 500
Jagr to NYR!!?

The Score is reporting that Jags has been traded to the Rangers. No other details though.

edit: now they've changed the headline from "Jagr traded to NYR" to say discussions are taking place.

Last edited by Habber: 01-21-2004 at 06:36 PM.
Old
01-21-2004, 06:36 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
WOAH

Old
01-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Guy Caballero

Nothing on the TSN site. I would be sickened if this happened. Yet again, the moronic Rangers trying to buy their way out of a jam, and at a time when everyone is starting to act a little more responsibly.

Old
01-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Habber

The Score sucks!

I guess they jumped the gun. Now they're saying it's not official but a trade could happen very shortly. They had a headline of "Jagr traded to NYR" up for about 15-20 minutes but have since changed it.

Old
01-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Lok

Jagr will be traded to NYR now or someday

another big contract with big ego.... with the NYR

Old
01-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Jagr will be traded to NYR now or someday

another big contract with big ego.... with the NYR

RDS says that he might be traded and stating that their source is THE SCORE

Old
01-21-2004, 06:56 PM
BigM1ke

I'm not even surprised.

Old
01-21-2004, 07:07 PM
chicpea*

I can't confirm this anywhere? Any links?

Old
01-21-2004, 07:08 PM
BigM1ke

It's not official yet.. They are "discussing" the trade. It's not done.

The score actually changed his topic that was "Jagr traded to NYR" to "NY discussing with Caps for Jagr" or something like this.

Old
01-21-2004, 07:11 PM
chicpea*

Well, considering he's on the ice on TSN right now, I hope no one has told him he's traded until the game's over hehe

edit: btw, there is no one in the stands at the Caps-Leafs game. I heard it was bad, but I played before more parents in Atom.

Old
01-21-2004, 07:13 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Well, considering he's on the ice on TSN right now, I hope no one has told him he's traded until the game's over hehe
hahaha

I wouldn't mind seeing him doin' a hat trick to help the Caps beat the Leafs and then hear the Leafs' fans cry about how they got screwed because Jagr was traded before the game

Old
01-21-2004, 07:57 PM
goalchenyuk

last news about it ;

Jagr to Broadway?

Jaromir Jagr’s days as a Washington Capital nearly came to an end Wednesday evening, as reports from Canada suggested the 13-year NHL veteran was on his way to New York.

The Score, a national sports television station in Canada, claimed a deal had been reached between the Rangers and Capitals for Jagr. However, The Score soon retracted those statements and are now reporting that the two sides are in heavy discussions.

“Those are just rumors,” a Capitals executive told TFP. “Nothing happened.”

According to TFP’s David Pagnotta, the Rangers and Capitals are indeed discussing a deal believed to be centered on Jagr.

The Rangers are also in the market for a defenseman and may have interest in Washington’s Brendan Witt.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:15 PM
RE-HABS

Bob McKenzie has already stated on TSN tonight in between periods of the Laff's game that Jagr hasn't been traded and he could be traded by tomorrow. But he also stated that the trade may take as long as these rumors have been going on.

Maybe Lindros and his resurgance is looking good to the Caps in a swap, the Caps get rid of some salary and can sign Lindros for less eventually?

Old
01-21-2004, 08:59 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

With the NYR, you never know, this may very well be true. But I just don't understand the need to spend 11M$ on a player that's not producing as much as he could. Someone should tell Glen Sather the CBA is ending at the end of THIS season.

Anyways, if there is any truth to these speculations, I think the Caps will be looking for a defenseman... which doesn't make sense for the NYR since DeVries and Kasparaitis are both injured seriously. Don't tell me the Rags are going to get yet another superstar for cheap!? (as in the Kovalev deal)

Old
01-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Corey

The Rangers could use a solid D a lot more than Jagr if they want to make a run for the playoffs. For that matter, so could Washington.

Old
01-22-2004, 03:03 AM
FerrisRox

About ten minutes before the pre-game skate, it came over the wire that Jagr had been shipped to the New York Rangers.

When the pre-game skate started, he wasn't immedietly on the ice, instead he joined his teammates after about four minutes.

So "The Score" report, though eventually proved wrong, was based on fact. There only guilty of not waiting to substantiate the report. Obviously something last minute fell through.

What "The Score" was reporting was merely what was on the wire, that the deal was done. They corrected it the second Jagr stepped on the ice for the pre-game skate, at which time it was obvious he hadn't been traded.

Old
01-22-2004, 08:09 AM
mcphee

NYR's have been McGuire and McKenzie's topics often lately. McK. was talking about how in advtg. terms the Rangers sell the sizzle and not the steak. Problemis, you can sell star power to the public, but if you don't have a solid base of character, you don't win. I really think that they had taken a few strides forward this year only to be hit hard recently with injuries. You don't make up for it by buying Jagr. You can still only put 5 skaters on the ice. McGuire was calling Holik a guy who was created within Lemaire's system in NJ. and can't flourish outside of it.The Rangers obviously don't trap a whole lot. I'd love to have him on our 3rd line but to make him our top paid player, well, it just doesn't make much sense. You can't just throw money at a problem and hope it will fix itself. It's getting obvious that no GM wants to wake up on the first day after a new CBA is in effect and have big contracts on his ledgers.

Closed Thread