HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Temporary hope/solutions and Latendresse the garbageman

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2007, 07:11 PM
InGaineyWeTrust*

vCash: 500
Temporary hope/solutions and Latendresse the garbageman

I just cant believe Guy Carbonneau. His team management is sickening. He tries every line combination possible. Everytime the team loses, he feels the need to switch things up and takes every chance he has to promote #84 to the 1st line. Latendresse, in my books, is the scum of the league. I am so sick of seeing this individual come in and tap in garbage goals after linemakes do allllll the damn work. & I do not want to hear this good positioning ********, because it it was it is, ********. When will this team stop promoting this loser?

Carbo simply patches things up, still praying that latendresse will suddenly become Sundin. The Candiens will never become a consistant team in the league if they keep changing things up all the time.

Latendresse is such a bad player. Just because they are winning three nothing doesnt mean were set for the rest of the season. We'll just lose next game and the lines will juggle again. BUT Laten****ingdresse will still be carbo's favourite up will koivu...Maybe it's because they have the same first name...

Old
12-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Mike8

Why do you care if Latendresse scores garbage goals? I don't understand. Goals are goals. Why do you want them to be pretty? Would you be equally offended if you discovered Kovalev's taste in fashion is subpar?

Old
12-27-2007, 07:22 PM
InGaineyWeTrust*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Why do you care if Latendresse scores garbage goals? I don't understand. Goals are goals. Why do you want them to be pretty? Would you be equally offended if you discovered Kovalev's taste in fashion is subpar?
It doesnt bother me the way he scores. It bothers me the way he is praised because of the goals he scores. Anyone can do what hes doing, he is simply getting lucky. I hate that everyone in quebec loves him when he scores, but dont really give the same appreciation to any other youngsters who are much much better.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R View Post
I just cant believe Guy Carbonneau. His team management is sickening. He tries every line combination possible. Everytime the team loses, he feels the need to switch things up and takes every chance he has to promote #84 to the 1st line. Latendresse, in my books, is the scum of the league. I am so sick of seeing this individual come in and tap in garbage goals after linemakes do allllll the damn work. & I do not want to hear this good positioning ********, because it it was it is, ********. When will this team stop promoting this loser?

Carbo simply patches things up, still praying that latendresse will suddenly become Sundin. The Candiens will never become a consistant team in the league if they keep changing things up all the time.

Latendresse is such a bad player. Just because they are winning three nothing doesnt mean were set for the rest of the season. We'll just lose next game and the lines will juggle again. BUT Laten****ingdresse will still be carbo's favourite up will koivu...Maybe it's because they have the same first name...

This is the most insighful statement I've ever read since recently a poster
named clvmcs called Lats a complete bust and that he won't play in the NHL
in a few years.Keep on trolling,welcome to my IL.

Nothing productive will be generated from this thread.And for the record,I'm certainly not a Latendresse ''fanboy''
or apologist.In fact I pretty well ignore the ridiculous amount of praise and the media coverage he gets but just telling the way it is.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 12-27-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: important addendum
Old
12-27-2007, 07:29 PM
InGaineyWeTrust*

keep kissing lats ass, i hate this kid, he is favoured in mtl for no reason.
LOL lats is powerplay

Old
12-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
It doesnt bother me the way he scores. It bothers me the way he is praised because of the goals he scores. Anyone can do what hes doing, he is simply getting lucky. I hate that everyone in quebec loves him when he scores, but dont really give the same appreciation to any other youngsters who are much much better.
I can see you're in love with Lats and Quebecers arent you?

Would you say he needs another chance if he was named Smith or Johnson? And saying that anyone can "do what hes doing, he is simply getting lucky" shows how much you know about hockey.

I was never a gifted player and was cut from the only junior tryout i ever went to, but i'll tell you one thing: i know by experience that standing in front of the net and getting hit and hurt and still scoring takes both talent and grit.

I'll take any 'garbage goal' he can get us. And if you had done your homework, you'd know that Phil Esposito was traded from Chicago to the Bruins because it wasd deemed at the time that all he was scoring was 'garbage' goals.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
This thread is the dumbest I've read this month. T5R, you're the Latendresse of posters.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
This thread is the dumbest I've read this month. T5R, you're the Latendresse of posters.
Haha, well played.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by The President View Post
This is the most insighful statements I've ever read since recently a poster
named clvmcs called Lats a complete bust and that he won't play in the NHL
in a few years.Keep on trolling,welcome to my IL.

Nothing productive will be generated from this thread.And for the record,I'm certainly not a Latendresse ''fanboy''
or apologist.Just telling the way it is.
I'll never understand you, saying how useless a thread/post is and saying how nothing productive will be generated by it, but you're always the first replying. Why don't you just ignore it and close the thread instead.

And we don't care who you put on your ignore list.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Oh btw T5R: Latendresse scored yet another garbage goal tonight and believe it or not, it did add one goal to the score, garbage goal or not.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Sure Lats is a garbageman. But not everyone can play that role. It helps to be big and have soft hands. I'll take all the garbage goals from Lats.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Pascal

My ignore list is becoming long lately.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Sure Lats is a garbageman. But not everyone can play that role. It helps to be big and have soft hands. I'll take all the garbage goals from Lats.
Habs425.. I'm still waiting for the Photoshop.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
I'll never understand you, saying how useless a thread/post is and saying how nothing productive will be generated by it, but you're always the first replying. Why don't you just ignore it and close the thread instead.

And we don't care who you put on your ignore list.
I have the right to post on any thread I want,in fact I reported this thread
for trolling/spam.As for replying in this one,why you don't ask the same question to
the other posters here?It's obvious that most here don't care probably on
my IL,but if I want to tell so,I'd tell it.Don't live to accomodate people here on
futile things.

And I don't care that you'll never understand me?What?.Who are you again?

Don't want to sound rude but this post was exactly as futile as mine possibly.

Have a good night and take care of you.

Cheers,BA.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 12-27-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old
12-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Kirk Muller

If Lats is scoring garbage goals, then he is where he is supposed to be on the ice. Parked in front of the net, banging in rebounds is his job.

If he can improve his play away from the puck and in the defensive zone, he will be a huge addition to the scoring lines.

Old
12-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
If Lats is scoring garbage goals, then he is where he is supposed to be on the ice. Parked in front of the net, banging in rebounds is his job.

If he can improve his play away from the puck and in the defensive zone, he will be a huge addition to the scoring lines.
Meh, although lats looks like a druken penguin on skates at times, it is hard to deny that he has impeccable hockey sense. He knows how to put the puck in the net, and I prefer that to the likes of the Jan Bulis' of the world.

Old
12-27-2007, 08:10 PM
STAALing

Quote:

1.5/10, for the use of the *

Old
12-27-2007, 08:10 PM
InGaineyWeTrust*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post

i understand but we need to move forward as a team and this isnt the way. Sure its ok for a few games, but we wont make the playoffs will a few garbage goals. i dont want to see him playing on our 1st line thats all.

Old
12-27-2007, 08:15 PM
TornACL

According to the original poster, Carbonneau has to stop changing the lines. Ironically, that means Latendresse must stay on the first line

Old
12-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Artie

Quote:

meh: every dynasty needs a garbageman....I miss those highlight Steve Shutt goals
meh 2: every dynasty needs a misunderstood coach

Old
12-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Ryan Smyth got big money scoring the garbage too:

Lats 10 goals so far ill take it

Old
12-27-2007, 08:34 PM
MathMan

Latendresse better not think he's Kovalev and try to do fancy moves!

But he better not stand in front of the net and score garbage goals either!

Man, he's a power forward. His purpose in life is to scoop garbage up and roof it. He's doing that. How can that POSSIBLY be a bad thing?

I realize we haven't seen nearly enough of that type of player in Montreal and it may be very unfamiliar, but he's doing precisely what the team needs.

Old
12-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
How can that POSSIBLY be a bad thing?

That's something that always intrigues me, how some people can look at a positive and interpret it as a negative.

Old
12-27-2007, 08:38 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Montreal 12:48, Guillaume Latendresse 10 (Garbage Goal)(Saku Koivu, Siarhei Kastsitsyn)

On yahoo sports they now list if the goal was garbage or nice, i think they actually keep track of them now so we might as well trade him since he only scores garbage goals.

Old
12-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Hasn't one of our biggest problems since we became competetive once again that we don't have anybody willing to goto the front of the net and be a presence? I believe one Phil Esposito played the exact same game. There is always room for a guy who plays that way.

Closed Thread