HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Rangers inquire about Burke

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2004, 08:42 PM

vCash: 500
Rangers inquire about Burke

Source
Quote:
The Post has also been told that while Sather has spoken to Phoenix about Sean Burke, earning $4.5M under the final year of his contract and now the backup to Brian Boucher, the inquiry was made only in passing.
Maybe not huge news, but you have to figure with Dunham out with a concussion, the Rangers have a big payroll banking on a playoff bubble team and a goalie like Jussi Markannen (whom I actually like).

F.Y.I.

Old
01-23-2004, 08:54 PM
PhoPhan

Now that they've added Jagr (even with some paid, and some deferred) their payroll is getting way too high, even for the Rangers. The Rangers do have a lot to offer, though.

Old
01-23-2004, 08:59 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
Now that they've added Jagr (even with some paid, and some deferred) their payroll is getting way too high, even for the Rangers. The Rangers do have a lot to offer, though.
Do you know how serious is Dunham concussion?

Old
01-23-2004, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
Do you know how serious is Dunham concussion?
The Rangers are calling it a mild concussion. Dunham has been streaky throughout the season, and has missed a number of games already with injuries. Not to say Burke is the solution, but it might be a topic.

Old
01-23-2004, 09:46 PM
hbk

I think Phoenix should work out an extension with Burke and end all of this Burke trade scenarios once and for all. I'm tired of all the take our third round pick and be happy posts.

Old
01-23-2004, 10:54 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
I think Phoenix should work out an extension with Burke and end all of this Burke trade scenarios once and for all. I'm tired of all the take our third round pick and be happy posts.
Not that I would be gutted if he was traded, but I agree with you. I would be happy if something was sorted out with him within the Coyotes. He is a well respected veteran who has valuable experience and who is trusted by the team. He has the same profile as the rest of the team for the playoffs (not great to say the least) but I could imagine him suddenly being hot in the post season and drag the team on his shoulders for a bit... Ah I may just be dreaming a bit!

Closed Thread