HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This board is getting alot better.

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Darz

vCash: 500
This board is getting alot better.

I've notice that for the most part this season this board has really improved (is it because the team has improved??? I don't think so). The discussions are better, when posters disagree they discuss their disagreement is an intellegent way making points and backing up their arguement instead of just calling the other poster an idiot or such.
I think some of the credit has to go to the group of veteran posters who have posted here for quite awhile, but also a big part has to go to the new group of posters who have started posting here in the last 3 or 4 months. I guess it helps that the Bo's and the Puckhandler's have quivered away with their tails between their legs as well.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Let's keep up the goods work!!!!!!

Old
01-21-2004, 11:01 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I've notice that for the most part this season this board has really improved (is it because the team has improved??? I don't think so). The discussions are better, when posters disagree they discuss their disagreement is an intellegent way making points and backing up their arguement instead of just calling the other poster an idiot or such.
I think some of the credit has to go to the group of veteran posters who have posted here for quite awhile, but also a big part has to go to the new group of posters who have started posting here in the last 3 or 4 months. I guess it helps that the Bo's and the Puckhandler's have quivered away with their tails between their legs as well.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Let's keep up the goods work!!!!!!
Whatever... your an idiot!

Just joking, this one was to easy

Old
01-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Habsaku

I noticed it too, last year and this summer was really painfull here. Now not only are we getting a heck of a lot of posters, but good ones too. I hope this keeps up.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Les Zarbites

Summer is a difficult time, hockey fans have got no hockey and they get restless. Particularly in august, when we all feel like : let's get it on already.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Habber

The quality has definately taken a step up over the last few months. Rarely do you see name calling but instead everyone respecting each others opinions. I hope it keeps up.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Darz-

"I think some of the credit has to go to the group of veteran posters who have posted here for quite awhile"

I say we buy out or dump the veterans and go into a youth movement

Old
01-21-2004, 11:49 AM
GhostOfTheForum

Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Darz-

"I think some of the credit has to go to the group of veteran posters who have posted here for quite awhile"

I say we buy out or dump the veterans and go into a youth movement
What do you think we would get for them in a trade?

Old
01-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Corey

New posters should have to experience the purgatory of being obliged to post on the Boston or Toronto board for 6 months before being permitted to come here.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Joe Malone

Not to take anything away from the many quality posters, and their content, but I think some of it has to do with the team winning. When we lose a few in a row, there's a lot of finger-pointing at players, crazy trade proposals, and rude replies.

But yes, even the disagreements are more cordial nowadays. Nice to see that.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:16 PM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
agreee

as a new poster i can't comment on the difference of the post, but what i can say is this site is amazing, i've been reading for like 3 months..posting for about 2....and is it just me and lack of knowledge about this board, but are the posters now more involved with each other, in the sense that, say like last night PHILLY VS HABS...posters were commenting in others forums ?! has that always been going on or is tha picking up to ??

i personally like the idea, friendly jestering if you will...

anyways this board rocks
and i love how that out of all the teams, the forum with the most content and discussions is about our beloved habs

PASSION

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!

Old
01-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Haddock

Way to blow my bubble guys!
Here I was, a newbie to this great forum, thinking people here were so cordial and nice to each other even when some people wrote stupid comments or dumb trade proposals. I tought, "This place is great! I can discuss hockey and the Habs with educated posters who, for most of them, know what they're talking about!"
You had to go and post this thread and make me realize this place is usually a hell hole?! Shame on you!

Old
01-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheForum
What do you think we would get for them in a trade?
Hmmmmm, how about

How about Gros Bill and Mcphee to the Boston board for JOHNNY V????

Old
01-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Hmmmmm, how about

Hmmm... well we would get a VERY OFFENSIVE player, that's for sure.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********
Whatever... your an idiot!
Your proving my point about the board improving....a few months back you would of called me a stupid f**kin idiot.....now you just call me an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
Way to blow my bubble guys!
Here I was, a newbie to this great forum, thinking people here were so cordial and nice to each other even when some people wrote stupid comments or dumb trade proposals. I tought, "This place is great! I can discuss hockey and the Habs with educated posters who, for most of them, know what they're talking about!"
You had to go and post this thread and make me realize this place is usually a hell hole?! Shame on you!
There were times this place started resembling a hell hole, but with the help of some of the vets and the quality of the new posters hopefully we will never have to deal with that kind of thing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUTH OF HABS
but are the posters now more involved with each other, in the sense that, say like last night PHILLY VS HABS...posters were commenting in others forums ?! has that always been going on or is tha picking up to ??

i personally like the idea, friendly jestering if you will...
It's been going on for awhile, sometimes good and sometimes not so good. Certain posters from both the habs group and other have on occasion taken it to far which can cause some problems, but for the most part it's just friendly jestering.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Your proving my point about the board improving....a few months back you would of called me a stupid f**kin idiot.....now you just call me an idiot.

Way to go Darz!

At least the people here have some sense of humor, witch its great considering we have so much passion about this game, sometime thing can go out of hand...

Old
01-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Hmmmmm, how about

If mcphee goes, do we keep the pretzel?

Old
01-21-2004, 12:50 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
There were times this place started resembling a hell hole, but with the help of some of the vets and the quality of the new posters hopefully we will never have to deal with that kind of thing again.
I've posted on the Usenet for a long time. There are some very intelligent, knowledgeable, and articulate posters there, and to a degree I like the freedom of being able to say what you want, when you want, to whom you want, but sometimes flame wars get WAY out of hand there. Add to that the trolls and the spam, and it can get frustrating. This is a good place to talk Habs. The posters here are extremely up to date and the mechanics of the site are good (editing posts, HTML, attachments--stuff you don't get to do on the Usenet).

Old
01-21-2004, 12:50 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I can't say since I joined this board only recently but so far, I like this board a lot. Like you said, we can discuss things intelligently here.

Anyways, hope it stays like that

Old
01-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
If mcphee goes, do we keep the pretzel?
Good point.

Since we need to keep the preztel, I will have to take Mcphee out of my proposal. And I'm sure Gros Bill will become useful in one way or another sooner or later so maybe we should keep him as well.

NEW PROPOSAL:

Bo and Puckhandler for JOHNNY V!!!!!!

Old
01-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Good point.

Since we need to keep the preztel, I will have to take Mcphee out of my proposal. And I'm sure Gros Bill will become useful in one way or another sooner or later so maybe we should keep him as well.

NEW PROPOSAL:

Bo and Puckhandler for JOHNNY V!!!!!!
Wow, talk about faint praise! "one way or another, sooner or later" ... sounds like I'm on the bubble. If I'm traded to the Bruins' board, I won't report - no way I'm sharing jock itch with that riff-raff. I doubt they'd have me anyway, seeing as I'm bleu-blanc-rouge through and through (or maybe I'm just through).

Still, being considered as a throw-in in a trade for Johnny V, man that hurts!

Old
01-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Wow, talk about faint praise! "one way or another, sooner or later" ... sounds like I'm on the bubble. If I'm traded to the Bruins' board, I won't report - no way I'm sharing jock itch with that riff-raff. I doubt they'd have me anyway, seeing as I'm bleu-blanc-rouge through and through (or maybe I'm just through).

Still, being considered as a throw-in in a trade for Johnny V, man that hurts!
Actually after post 'Habs win on fluke goal, Belfour impressive in 6-1 loss' comment in another thread, I think you've made yourself more valuable than I originally thought!!!!

Old
01-21-2004, 01:43 PM
chicpea*

Johnny V? Isn't he the one who travels hundreds of miles for, um, forbidden pleasures?

Old
01-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Johnny V? Isn't he the one who travels hundreds of miles for, um, forbidden pleasures?
You see, Darz? I'm much better than Johnny V. I only have to walk to the fridge for "forbidden pleasures".

Let me try. VIVA LA BOSTON BEANS !!!!!

Naw, it'll never work.

Old
01-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
You see, Darz? I'm much better than Johnny V. I only have to walk to the fridge for "forbidden pleasures".

Let me try. VIVA LA BOSTON BEANS !!!!!

Naw, it'll never work.

Alright you can stay!!!! It was just your whole not believing in the Sacred Pretzel thing that had me thinking...

Oh by the way the habs record since the Salty Grail was recovered

212 wins 3 losses and 2 ties (or something like that).

Old
01-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Habsaku

Habsrus is also an amazingly knowledgeable board but hockeysfuture has more quantity and lately the quality has been surprising.

Closed Thread