HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT: 12/29 New York Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs 7PM MSG

Old
12-30-2007, 06:24 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
It's too bad I couldn't watch this one. Upstate it was Jersey-islanders--sabres-penguins. Nonetheless I listened to the Rangers radio feed off of NHL.com. Though not one of the 3 stars--Valiquette seemed to have had a great game. Seems to have it in for the Maple Leafs. Overall Toronto did not put in a good effort--kind of on a par to how we played against Phoenix. Nice to see Prucha get two goals, Dubinsky 3 assists and Jagr 4 points. Is Jaromir finally going to wake up? It's easier I think for him when his linemates are both producing regularly. The pwp is getting better. No question that when Avery is back in the lineup the team plays better. Not nearly as good as Jagr he seems sometimes to attract almost as much attention which takes away just a little bit more from Jagr. Dubinsky is still developing but he can make plays. He could be a good one--maybe an effective 2nd line player in time.
Also nice to see Betts score and Orr stepped up--got an assist and fought Belak with a much better result than last time.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 07:14 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
It's too bad I couldn't watch this one. Upstate it was Jersey-islanders--sabres-penguins. Nonetheless I listened to the Rangers radio feed off of NHL.com. Though not one of the 3 stars--Valiquette seemed to have had a great game. Seems to have it in for the Maple Leafs. Overall Toronto did not put in a good effort--kind of on a par to how we played against Phoenix. Nice to see Prucha get two goals, Dubinsky 3 assists and Jagr 4 points. Is Jaromir finally going to wake up? It's easier I think for him when his linemates are both producing regularly. The pwp is getting better. No question that when Avery is back in the lineup the team plays better. Not nearly as good as Jagr he seems sometimes to attract almost as much attention which takes away just a little bit more from Jagr. Dubinsky is still developing but he can make plays. He could be a good one--maybe an effective 2nd line player in time.
Also nice to see Betts score and Orr stepped up--got an assist and fought Belak with a much better result than last time.
Dubinsky is still very raw...he clearly has the skills to be a 2nd line center. (His pass to Prucha for the 2nd goal is continuing evidence of that.) But, right now, he should be the 3rd line center for this team. He still needs to work on his balance. I find it very amusing to see the uninformed put his name in trade proposals. (The same goes for Michael Sauer.) From everything I've ever read on him, the Rangers have no intentions of putting him in a trade, and consider him to be an important part of the future. (Again, same goes for Sauer.)

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
It was nice to see Prucha score two goals but lets be honest here....Colton Orr could have score those two goals with those two perfect setups...

But really...Prucha did have a good game overall.
Colton Orr wouldn't have gone to the areas that Prucha did. That's what made Prucha effective when he was playing well, he'd go to where he could get the puck. It's not just as easy as standing in front of the net

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
The Leafs looked like hockey's version of the Knicks tonight.

I hope the Rangers realize tonight will be a lot tougher.
Exactly. I wouldn't get too excited about last night's game considering the opponent probably would have a tough time against the Wolfpack.

Some positives but I thought there were some defensive lapses (Rozy made at least two) that would be exposed against a good team.

Good to get another win but tonight will be very interesting because they will be playing a good team.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Nich

just realized dupi had 3 assists...nice!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote