HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers Inquiry of Ryder

Old
12-29-2007, 05:43 PM
GothamRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
How can people even compare Prucha vs. Ryder? Prucha doesn't even belong in the NHL anymore, Ryder has NHL level talent despite being cold as of late. There's no way Montreal will take Prucha for Ryder.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 05:53 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
We have been saying that the scoring will work itself out all along. But it's almost 2008.

And how does getting Ryder preclude this team from getting a defensive defenseman?
It doesn't, but I really would no swap a struggling player for another, now if the Habs would take Malik off our hands to, than that would be a diffrent story.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 05:56 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakose View Post
How can people even compare Prucha vs. Ryder? Prucha doesn't even belong in the NHL anymore, Ryder has NHL level talent despite being cold as of late. There's no way Montreal will take Prucha for Ryder.
Probably because Prucha scored 52 goals through his first two seasons.

And Ryder scored 55 through his first two seasons.

At around the same ages.

Obviously Ryder is more proven. And if the deal was on the table of Prucha for Ryder you have to make the deal.

But this notion that Prucha is a bad player that a lot of people (not saying you) have, is not true.

That said, i would make the deal. Addition by subtraction. You gain more then you lose in the deal. I would definitely do it.

However! How much will Ryder command next year? As he is a UFA at the end of the year.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Melrose_Jr.

I don't see the benefit to sending Prucha away for a rental of another team's "Prucha". If I'm gambling on one or the other to find their game again, I'll take the guy with the modest 2 year contract, lower cap hit and history with the team.

Ryder for Malik, different story...

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 10:35 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatchern View Post
I would like to have Ryder. As much as I like prucha, I would like it. Personally, I would do Prucha+Hossa to Montreal, Ryder+4th to Rangers, or something along those lines. Maybe Prucha+Mara+Malik for Ryder+Komisarik.

ideas? comments? Maybe move Montoya for something too in that trade to spark it up.
i doubt theyd want montoya since they got price. id love komisarek but i doubt he is available.

maybe something like:

Prucha, Malik, Baranka and Korpikoski for Ryder,Maxim Lapierre and Ryan O'Byrne.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 10:44 PM
rangers16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
Somethings wrong with you if you dont go after Ryder, especially if all it takes is Prucha. This guy is perfect for NYC, He's an electric player, he make moves that get the fans out of their seats.He will help our PP too.

Here's a compilation:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wYFrlWzJsqI
prucha video who would u rather have

rangers16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 11:02 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I don't see the benefit to sending Prucha away for a rental of another team's "Prucha". If I'm gambling on one or the other to find their game again, I'll take the guy with the modest 2 year contract, lower cap hit and history with the team.

Ryder for Malik, different story...
doubt habs would want malik, they are not that dumb.

Old
12-29-2007, 11:05 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
maybe something like:

Prucha, Malik, Baranka and Korpikoski for Ryder,Maxim Lapierre and Ryan O'Byrne.
Quote:
doubt habs would want malik, they are not that dumb.
Hmmm.

12-29-2007, 11:09 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Hmmm.
well getting prucha with malik is different. if they got prucha then theyd have to take Malik or no prucha.

Old
12-29-2007, 11:16 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
well getting prucha with malik is different. if they got prucha then theyd have to take Malik or no prucha.
Yeah. Don't see Prucha being so desirable that a team would take Malik to get him. Especially when you are looking for value in return.

Let's face it, any proposal starting with Prucha and Malik is going nowhere. Fast.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 11:25 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Yeah. Don't see Prucha being so desirable that a team would take Malik to get him. Especially when you are looking for value in return.

Let's face it, any proposal starting with Prucha and Malik is going nowhere. Fast.
i doubt prucha's value is that bad.

Old
12-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Vatchern

Quote:

This is when Montoya comes into the game. A team who needs a goaltender, or, a team with a very old goaltender.

Vatchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 11:59 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
This is when Montoya comes into the game. A team who needs a goaltender, or, a team with a very old goaltender.
no one is gonna offer much of value for a goalie that never played one game in the NHL and only sat on the bench.

Old
12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Vatchern

Quote:
no one is gonna offer much of value for a goalie that never played one game in the NHL and only sat on the bench.
Maybe not, but that little value could be a D-man who has never played in the NHL either, plus a 3rd line winger? That D-man could turn into another girardi. that would be interesting. even though now, we dont need young defenceman, but maybe we can get a player like Callahan or Ortmeyer? If sather did make a move like that,our scouts better be good.

Old
12-30-2007, 02:59 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Maybe not, but that little value could be a D-man who has never played in the NHL either, plus a 3rd line winger? That D-man could turn into another girardi. that would be interesting. even though now, we dont need young defenceman, but maybe we can get a player like Callahan or Ortmeyer? If sather did make a move like that,our scouts better be good.
i wouldnt trade possibly one of the best prospects in the league at an extremely important position for an ortmeyer.....no way

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Vatchern

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i wouldnt trade possibly one of the best prospects in the league at an extremely important position for an ortmeyer.....no way
Yeah, maybe your right.

Back on topic, I still would like to see ryder a ranger. we can see tonight how well he plays, and see if our opinion on him changes.

Old
12-30-2007, 03:22 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
I would like to have Ryder. As much as I like prucha, I would like it. Personally, I would do Prucha+Hossa to Montreal, Ryder+4th to Rangers, or something along those lines. Maybe Prucha+Mara+Malik for Ryder+Komisarik.

ideas? comments? Maybe move Montoya for something too in that trade to spark it up.
Theyre gonna take our trash for Komasarik? Doesnt make sense to me.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 03:27 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
I disagree with that statement. There is definitely a shortage of solid goaltending in the league. Im sure teams can tell who is gonna be a good player in the league through AHL scouting. Im sure Montoya, who could likely be a number one A goal in this league would fetch a nice return. Maybe like a 1st, second liner/second pairing d-man and another hit or miss prospect.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 03:37 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
I disagree with that statement. There is definitely a shortage of solid goaltending in the league. Im sure teams can tell who is gonna be a good player in the league through AHL scouting. Im sure Montoya, who could likely be a number one A goal in this league would fetch a nice return. Maybe like a 1st, second liner/second pairing d-man and another hit or miss prospect.
if the rangers could get a 1st and a second line prospect and another hit or miss prospect...i would hop ethey would do it in a second.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 05:44 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the New York Rangers, who have been having offensive problems despite acquiring Scott Gomez and Chris Drury during the offseason, are interested. What I know for certain is that they've made inquiries about him.
Which is it? a guess or for certain?

This is ******** if you ask me.

Next.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 12-30-2007 at 05:52 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote