HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

How will the Jagr trade effect Robert Lang?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2004, 07:02 PM
  #1
Heat McManus
Registered User
 
Heat McManus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,407
vCash: 500
How will the Jagr trade effect Robert Lang?

I've only seen one or two Caps games this season and they have great chemistry, but not enough to answer whether or not Lang's scoring will be drastically reduced by Jagr's departure?

Heat McManus is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 07:03 PM
  #2
incawg
Registered User
 
incawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeffyuhTJRest
I've only seen one or two Caps games this season and they have great chemistry, but not enough to answer whether or not Lang's scoring will be drastically reduced by Jagr's departure?
I don't think Lang will be at the top of the scoring race by the end of the year. Jagr, even at less than 100%, is still a great player and attracts a lot of attention. Lang will now have to deal with not only losing a playmaker, but also the increased defensive attention on him.

incawg is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 07:06 PM
  #3
NJ_Devil_Boy
Registered User
 
NJ_Devil_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by incawg
I don't think Lang will be at the top of the scoring race by the end of the year. Jagr, even at less than 100%, is still a great player and attracts a lot of attention. Lang will now have to deal with not only losing a playmaker, but also the increased defensive attention on him.
Maybe the NYR will find a way to obtain Lang's services.

NJ_Devil_Boy is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 07:08 PM
  #4
incawg
Registered User
 
incawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
Maybe the NYR will find a way to obtain Lang's services.
Well Bob McKenzie has just said that he's on the trade block...stranger things have happened

incawg is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 07:25 PM
  #5
dats-13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Still Waiting On Grigs...
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
As everyone probabley already knows, Detroit is really interested in him

Holland sees something in this guy he likes

dats-13 is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 07:35 PM
  #6
pantherhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
Well, if tonight's game is any indication, things may not be as easy for him.
2-0 FLORIDA in the 2nd period

pantherhockey is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 07:49 PM
  #7
kacz
Registered User
 
kacz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
According to the NHL Network the Caps team should dismantle in the next week or two. That means Robert Lang is as good as done as a Cap, along with Peter Bondra and to a lesser extent Olaf Kolzig...

kacz is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 08:09 PM
  #8
X8oD
Registered User
 
X8oD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 612 Warf Ave.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,193
vCash: 500
i just get that feeling hes gonna end up in Detroit, and Dandenault is going to be at least part of the package back. Its going to be liek Dandy and a 4th or something like that.

thats my prediction.

X8oD is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 08:14 PM
  #9
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,180
vCash: 500
ted leonsis was on washington sports radio and apparantly shot down some of the other rumors of players on the block. i wish i could be more specific.

as for lang, if the caps keep its current the current power play together, he will be fine without jagr. he has a 11 pt lead on jagr because he got off to a great start playing away from jagr. his first 4 pts game of the season was a game that jagr missed.

zubrus is back tonight...carter will be added. the power play of lang gonchar bondra and zubrus as the main players has been great all year...jagr or no jagr.

txpd is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 08:22 PM
  #10
JOCA
Registered User
 
JOCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Victoria
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to JOCA Send a message via AIM to JOCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev
According to the NHL Network the Caps team should dismantle in the next week or two. That means Robert Lang is as good as done as a Cap, along with Peter Bondra and to a lesser extent Olaf Kolzig...
Time to rebuild!!!

Feel ****ty for the Caps fans but getting rid of Jagr and Kolzig is for the better.

JOCA is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 08:48 PM
  #11
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOCA
Time to rebuild!!!

Feel ****ty for the Caps fans but getting rid of Jagr and Kolzig is for the better.
The league's leading scorer (5mill) for "Dandy and a 4th"

LOL

EroCaps is online now  
Old
01-23-2004, 09:44 PM
  #12
X8oD
Registered User
 
X8oD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 612 Warf Ave.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
The league's leading scorer (5mill) for "Dandy and a 4th"

LOL
Jagr just went for Anson Carter. And your team ate some dough in the deal as well.

Awfully hard to demand high value return for a guy who makes 5 mil a season for the next 2 or 3.

but, we will see who is right. Casue its obvious he will be traded. Leading scorer or not, hes not helping the caps win.

X8oD is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 10:01 PM
  #13
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,852
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
Leading scorer or not, hes not helping the caps win.
Uh, hes the one of the few reasons they have ANY wins this year.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 10:04 PM
  #14
dats-13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Still Waiting On Grigs...
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
The league's leading scorer (5mill) for "Dandy and a 4th"

LOL
not to mention he's signed through 06-07.....

I agree 110% with X8oD Lang will be on the wings roster for the playoff push

dats-13 is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 10:16 PM
  #15
X8oD
Registered User
 
X8oD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 612 Warf Ave.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number67
Uh, hes the one of the few reasons they have ANY wins this year.
so?

wins mean nothing if you arent putting up enough of them to be in the play-offs.

X8oD is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 10:55 PM
  #16
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,852
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
so?

wins mean nothing if you arent putting up enough of them to be in the play-offs.
Thats not what you said the first time but whatever...

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 12:30 AM
  #17
ehc73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
The league's leading scorer (5mill) for "Dandy and a 4th"

LOL
Not bad for a salary dump. Especially considering what Pittsburgh got for Lang...

ehc73 is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 09:45 AM
  #18
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
Not bad for a salary dump. Especially considering what Pittsburgh got for Lang...
With all due respect,

The scenarios in Pittsburgh and Washington aren't identical.

However, it will be interesting to see what we get for Olie and Bonzai...

EroCaps is online now  
Old
01-24-2004, 10:27 AM
  #19
X8oD
Registered User
 
X8oD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 612 Warf Ave.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number67
Thats not what you said the first time but whatever...
i always believed winning and the play-offs go hand in hand.

Unless there is now another reason to win games in the NHL. Winning 20 games and not making the playoffs makes it very hard to hold your head high and say "Hey, he helped us win 20 games that thats super!"

X8oD is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 10:34 AM
  #20
Dizzy
Registered User
 
Dizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Windsor, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
i always believed winning and the play-offs go hand in hand.

Unless there is now another reason to win games in the NHL. Winning 20 games and not making the playoffs makes it very hard to hold your head high and say "Hey, he helped us win 20 games that thats super!"

How do you expect one player to get his team into the playoffs? Lang is doing his best to get this team into the playoffs, but he isn't get much help from the rest of his teammates. No one player, except maybe a goalie, can be held solely responsible for whether or not his team makes the playoffs.

Dizzy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.