HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Best time of the year to buy skates?

Old
12-29-2007, 05:28 AM
brother52

vCash: 500
Best time of the year to buy skates?

I want to get a pair of hi-end Bauer skates (One90 or XXV; bought online), but I'm in no hurry. So I figured they would be cheaper at the end of the season, or even in the summer. Am I right? Will I have a problem finding my size (8) which is a popular one? Thanks.

brother52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 08:01 AM
brymel

It's a great theory, but whenever I buy skates for my son, it is dependent upon when he needs them. I bought them last summer and there really wasn't a savings. You may find last years skates a bit cheaper, but I have found on ebay they ususally go for more than what you can get them at any of the online stores. My advice is do your homework. Shop around. Make sure the skates you are looking at are the best skates for you. Go to the pro shop and try them on. As we buy skates often, it has always been better to use the local pro shop, as he usually throws in 10 free sharpenings, and if there is any problems, they are more than willing to fix them.

brymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Evil Ted

Where I live in Canada its not rare to get skates for half price in the summer/spring end of season area of the year.

Wait until then you will save hundreds of dollars.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 03:27 PM
LilWinger11

I got new skates online in late October/early November, and I noticed that a lot of last year's models were marked down. Hockeyoverstock.com has pretty good prices year-round.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 03:42 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

they are cheaper in the off-season, usualy because theyre trying to get rid of them to make room for next year's stock. i got a pair of Grafs, regular $499 for $299. best pair of skates i've ever had

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote