HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Malik is BAAAACCCCCKKKKK!

Old
12-30-2007, 11:23 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post
Im sick of the over-criticism of him.

I stand up and cheer when his name is anounced at the garden, he doesn't deserve this treatment.
absolutely agree.....

everyone else on the team gets a free pass except him.....he accepted a roll a few years ago as a top pairing defenceman when he wasnt one....for years he has been on the top pairing doing everything he can do play well and all the fans do is boo.....if you boo him then you should be booed.....if there was lack of effort, i understand but he tries and he is a very good pker and an abover average passer....there is a reason why his tammates like him.....people need to stop

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 11:26 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
absolutely agree.....

everyone else on the team gets a free pass except him.....he accepted a roll a few years ago as a top pairing defenceman when he wasnt one....for years he has been on the top pairing doing everything he can do play well and all the fans do is boo.....if you boo him then you should be booed.....if there was lack of effort, i understand but he tries and he is a very good pker and an abover average passer....there is a reason why his tammates like him.....people need to stop
Everyone gets a free pass?..please..in your opinion who has played worse then him and give me a reason. You should probably take off all rookie or 2nd/3rd year players off your list right away since obviously they are still developing...but I ask again...who would you say has played worse then him and has hurt the team more then him and explain?

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 11:28 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
No, if it was Marc Staal people would have said..."Ouch, horrible mistake by the TWENTY YEAR OLD, ROOKIE, Staal. Hopefully he learns from that".

But instead we are talking about a 32 year old NHL Vet who doesn't learn from his mistakes and will never be an average skater in the NHL.

Lets get off the "Stop bashing Malik, he is average" wagon for some of you. Open your eyes...he hurts the team much more then he helps it and I will be the first to post his farewell thread after our last game this year.
so you're telling me he makes more bad plays then he makes good plays...or even ok plays......thats horrible......maybe you should open your eyes and watch the games and not just look out for any tiny mistakes, but maybe some good plays.....plays that go unnoticed possibly?....or do those not count because you dont like to watch those?

Old
12-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Draft Guru

I'll be honest, I'd rather see Malik in there over Strudwick.

But I want Baranka to be in there right now over Malik.

You can live with rookie mistakes. There's no excuses for a 10-year+ vet making so many bonehead mistakes.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 11:29 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Everyone gets a free pass?..please..in your opinion who has played worse then him and give me a reason. You should probably take off all rookie or 2nd/3rd year players off your list right away since obviously they are still developing...but I ask again...who would you say has played worse then him and has hurt the team more then him and explain?
at his role?....prucha has played horrible and not up to expectations....or is he too young?.....not scoring goals will not help, he is a goal scorer.......not that i dont like prucha...just he hasnt played his role any better than malik

Old
12-30-2007, 11:34 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
I'll be honest, I'd rather see Malik in there over Strudwick.

But I want Baranka to be in there right now over Malik.

You can live with rookie mistakes. There's no excuses for a 10-year+ vet making so many bonehead mistakes.
id rather see baranka in for malik and liffiton or pock in for strudwick. liffiton plays that tough type of game that Struds does is 24 years old.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 11:36 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
id rather see baranka in for malik and liffiton or pock in for strudwick. liffiton plays that tough type of game that Struds does is 24 years old.
agreed, i would rather see baranka up until the trade deadline over malik....i just dont like everyone always bashing him....if renney sees something aqnd the guys like him and playing with him then leave it be and stop booing....is all im saying

Old
12-30-2007, 11:37 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
at his role?....prucha has played horrible and not up to expectations....or is he too young?.....not scoring goals will not help, he is a goal scorer.......not that i dont like prucha...just he hasnt played his role any better than malik
Yea Prucha has been terrible on offense but is he costing us goals? Nope. We can replace that easily...but Malik taking dumb penalties because he has no speed or makes dumb mistakes? Inexcusable for a 10 year vet.

Old
12-30-2007, 11:39 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
so you're telling me he makes more bad plays then he makes good plays...or even ok plays......thats horrible......maybe you should open your eyes and watch the games and not just look out for any tiny mistakes, but maybe some good plays.....plays that go unnoticed possibly?....or do those not count because you dont like to watch those?
Tiny mistakes. No time to open your eyes. Malik makes big mistakes which 50% of the time leads to a goal or a great scoring chance. Or wait..was that a tiny mistake when he dicked around with the puck in front of the net tonight, lost it...then took a hooking penalty which led to a goal? Tiny mistake huh?

And the difference with him and Tyutin, Staal, Girardi, Mara or Rosy..THEY CAN RECOVER! Malik is too slow to do anything so he hooks/holds and takes a penalty.

Only a few more months till this pile of garbage is gone.

Old
12-30-2007, 11:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Yea Prucha has been terrible on offense but is he costing us goals? Nope. We can replace that easily...but Malik taking dumb penalties because he has no speed or makes dumb mistakes? Inexcusable for a 10 year vet.
different positions...and jagr has given up a few on his own by stickhandling near the blue-line......all im saying is why boo....all it does is make it worse...i think it is bush league

Old
12-30-2007, 11:47 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
different positions...and jagr has given up a few on his own by stickhandling near the blue-line......all im saying is why boo....all it does is make it worse...i think it is bush league
Im not arguing the booing. Hell, I hate him but i dont boo him (cept when he gave the puck away then took the penalty, which was well deserved).

He knows he made a stupid mistake and he deserved the booing.

I wish he would just learn already. Hell, dont pintch EVER malik. I dont care. You cant recover because you have no speed. But he still does anyway for some reason. And instead of the easy off the board clear he goes up the middle and it leads to a turnover. That is why so many people hate him. He just does not LEARN.

Old
12-31-2007, 01:05 AM
GarretJoseph*

I honestly am in inclined to wanna see Sather re-sign Malik to a 2 year 5 million dollar deal just to see these what some of these pathetic people at some of these games who just boo him just to boo will do. Malik isn't half as bad as most of (sometimes myself included) make him out to be.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 02:55 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
This is obsurd. It really makes these boards un-enjoyable, there are so many names you can point at that made this game so close for so long. Honestly, shut the hell up. Where are the mods to close threads when it's actually needed?
At least one mod (and possibly more) share the original poster's views on Malik so I wouldn't count on much there. Anyway, there is no reason to shut down a thread just because it has already been posted 1,567,457 times in the past year. People have a right to post things ad nauseum if they choose.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 03:07 AM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Liffiton does not have NHL speed. Liffiton and Strudwick are the same player, but Strudwick has years of NHL experience.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 03:13 AM
chosen

Quote:
Tiny mistakes. No time to open your eyes. Malik makes big mistakes which 50% of the time leads to a goal or a great scoring chance. Or wait..was that a tiny mistake when he dicked around with the puck in front of the net tonight, lost it...then took a hooking penalty which led to a goal? Tiny mistake huh?

And the difference with him and Tyutin, Staal, Girardi, Mara or Rosy..THEY CAN RECOVER! Malik is too slow to do anything so he hooks/holds and takes a penalty.

Only a few more months till this pile of garbage is gone.
Why is Girardi minus 5? Is it Malik's fault? You can say he's young and will learn but right now he is pretty poor defensively.

How can someone be as bad as you maintain and be even at this point in the season while some of the Dmen are minus? Is it because of Jagr, like is usually maintained by his bashers? Please explain that.

Drury has been worse than Malik this year and yet there aren't a thousand threads about his poor play.

Orr is minus 11 or 12 and is revered here. No one ever boos him despite his incredibly ineffective play.

And let's not even talk about Callahan, the offensive dynamo with a staggering 1 point on the season.

Then we have some posters who would prefer any player not old enough to vote over someone over 25, no matter the reality of the situation.

People don't like big Dmen who don't hit. That's it.

Old
12-31-2007, 03:19 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Liffiton does not have NHL speed. Liffiton and Strudwick are the same player, but Strudwick has years of NHL experience.
Yep, but pointing that out won't stop Jorts/rcallahan from mentioning him over and over. Plus, Liffiton hasn't played in a long time because of concussion problems, so he's not an option anyway. Not that Renney would play him over Strudwick.

And just to mention Malik: He's an upgrade over Strudwick, but neither of them are going to look very good in the playoffs. Having such a weak 3rd pair (since Mara hasn't played all that well with either of them) only places more pressure on the other two pairs and forces them to play more minutes than necessary. There really needs to be an upgrade. Probably though a trade since I doubt the organization is willing to risk playing another young and inexperienced defenseman when so much is at stake this season.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 03:28 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Staal had some bad Giveaways last night, as did Girardi.

I have never been a fan of Malik, but I think he has become our new Tom Poti...he is the new lightning rod for when things go wrong.. people are quick to jump on him.

It's fine to point out his mistakes, so long as you are willing to point out mistakes made by others.

And yes, i am well aware that Girardi scored a goal last night despite his defenseive mistake and made up for it with a nice play breaking up a 2 on 1... Malik made a great pass to set up what would be a goal (i think it was gomez to Jagr)

I want the guy moved, but I think he gets treated a bit unfairly here.

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 06:56 AM
NYRangers09

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
don't be a moron. everyone's boy avery made like 4 already too. His penalty saved a goal, but then ended in one. every defensemen would have done the same thing. He is playing fine.
His penalty may have saved the goal, but the giveaway was a joke. He had plenty of time to get rid of it but he decided to skate directly into slot and give it away there. He really should be wearing the other teams jersey.

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 07:10 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Just watching the NHL Network and they keep showing the brutal turnover by Malik in the first period. I've watched it about 5 times already and he basically passes the puck to Kovalev at the Ranger blueline with no (I mean NO) pressure on him at all.

The more you watch it the more baffling that play was. I mean what was this guy thinking?

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 07:16 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Malik's okay on the 3rd pairing, but I'm going to be happy when we don't have to pay $2.5 million for a 5/6 defenseman.

And praise be to Renney for keeping Staal with Roszival. I know damn well that if Low was still coach it would still be Malik/Rosie.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 08:13 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
No, if it was Marc Staal people would have said..."Ouch, horrible mistake by the TWENTY YEAR OLD, ROOKIE, Staal. Hopefully he learns from that".

But instead we are talking about a 32 year old NHL Vet who doesn't learn from his mistakes and will never be an average skater in the NHL.

Lets get off the "Stop bashing Malik, he is average" wagon for some of you. Open your eyes...he hurts the team much more then he helps it and I will be the first to post his farewell thread after our last game this year.
Totally agree! I just don't see how some fans don't get it. Once or twice a game Malik does something so stupid that its hard to forget. For a guy who brings so little else to the table its tough to accept that!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 08:19 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Like what????? I agree that most of the time Malik does ok out there. Problem is when he makes a mistake its hardly of the "tiny mistake" kind. Its usually the bonehead type of mistake that you expect a rookie or young d-man to make. If you think that the turnover he had was a tiny mistake then, ok, maybe we shouldn't be having this conversation. Its like Fly said, Malik makes the same mistakes over and over and never seems to learn. With Latendress applying pressure Malik turns toward the center of the ice instead of towards the boards. WHAT THE ******* was he thinking???? STUPID, STUPID PLAY! You and the some of the rest of these posters want us to applaud Malik??? OK, great game Malik. Without your stellar play last nite no way the Rangers pull this one out! Happy?

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 10:14 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
So after a couple of decent games the real Malik is back. I'm sure Lundqvist missed all of Marek's wonderful giveaways! Can't wait until we trade away this pile of horse manure.
me either. he's the only ranger who i've ever hated as much as the opponents. He could crawl into a hole and never come out and i wouldnt loose a minute of sleep. The team would be better off playing with one defensemen down.

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 10:33 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
me either. he's the only ranger who i've ever hated as much as the opponents. He could crawl into a hole and never come out and i wouldnt loose a minute of sleep. The team would be better off playing with one defensemen down.
id rather see Dale Purinton on the Rangers over Malik, now that says something. At least Purinton would give the fans excitement.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 10:59 AM
chosen

Quote:
id rather see Dale Purinton on the Rangers over Malik, now that says something.
It sure does.