HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Malik is BAAAACCCCCKKKKK!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2007, 11:09 AM
  #51
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
Funny, I also don't see any threads about the great pass that Malik made to Avery midway in the third that would have led to a goal had Huet not made a terrific save. Or the three or four really nice plays that he made in his own end. But I guess it's no fun to bring those up, right? I mean why look at the positive things that the guy brings to the team when it's so much more fun to be a dick?

You Malik bashers are like the Avery haters around the league at this point. Just like the way they say that Avery is a no-talent, glorified 4th liner, you say that Malik brings nothing to the team. Sure, he deserves some of the criticism, but you let your blind hatred of him completely overshadow the good things that he does.

And you know who really brings nothing to the team? The jackasses in the crowd who boo him every chance they get. Boy, you must really love the Rangers, huh? Shame you choose to express it by hurting the team and making a difficult situation even worse.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 11:21 AM
  #52
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Funny, I also don't see any threads about the great pass that Malik made to Avery midway in the third that would have led to a goal had Huet not made a terrific save. Or the three or four really nice plays that he made in his own end. But I guess it's no fun to bring those up, right? I mean why look at the positive things that the guy brings to the team when it's so much more fun to be a dick?

You Malik bashers are like the Avery haters around the league at this point. Just like the way they say that Avery is a no-talent, glorified 4th liner, you say that Malik brings nothing to the team. Sure, he deserves some of the criticism, but you let your blind hatred of him completely overshadow the good things that he does.

And you know who really brings nothing to the team? The jackasses in the crowd who boo him every chance they get. Boy, you must really love the Rangers, huh? Shame you choose to express it by hurting the team and making a difficult situation even worse.

Very well said and a agree w/ you 100%.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 11:27 AM
  #53
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Funny, I also don't see any threads about the great pass that Malik made to Avery midway in the third that would have led to a goal had Huet not made a terrific save. Or the three or four really nice plays that he made in his own end. But I guess it's no fun to bring those up, right? I mean why look at the positive things that the guy brings to the team when it's so much more fun to be a dick?

You Malik bashers are like the Avery haters around the league at this point. Just like the way they say that Avery is a no-talent, glorified 4th liner, you say that Malik brings nothing to the team. Sure, he deserves some of the criticism, but you let your blind hatred of him completely overshadow the good things that he does.

And you know who really brings nothing to the team? The jackasses in the crowd who boo him every chance they get. Boy, you must really love the Rangers, huh? Shame you choose to express it by hurting the team and making a difficult situation even worse.
What 3 or 4 nice plays? You mean the ones he's paid $3,000,000 a season to make? Please, now you Malik supporters are trying to paint him as a good defensman? Get a life. Malik is what he is and that is a barely serviceable #5 or #6 guy at this point in his career. If your happy with him then cheer him. I personally think he sucks and when he pulls a bonehead move like the one in the 1st period I will continue to boo him. Don't even start comparing him to Avery. When Avery is outta the lineup there is a big difference in this team. When Malik is outta the lineup the team plays just as well or better! You going to tell me that the Rosie-Malik pairing has outplayed the Rosie-Staal pairing this season? You believe that?

Stop being like Isiah Thomas and trying to tell the fans who are paying alot of money to see these guys not to boo them when they screw up! If this drives the big oaf outta town, so be it!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 11:28 AM
  #54
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,510
vCash: 50
Awards:
Malik is what he is. When on, he's an above average defensive defenseman with good reach. When he's not on, he makes a ton of mistakes and his reluctance to play a physical game is highlighted. He's not worthless but he's far from irreplaceable. Why do we need so many threads about this guy?

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 11:31 AM
  #55
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
So after a couple of decent games the real Malik is back. I'm sure Lundqvist missed all of Marek's wonderful giveaways! Can't wait until we trade away this pile of horse manure.
"Horse manure"?.....bah, you think too highly of him.

I can't see the Rangers playing 3 rookies on defense, so a move to acquire a D-man must be on Sather's priority list.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 11:36 AM
  #56
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
And no - I don't like Malik, but being the "un-classy" guy as I am, I didn't go to make a thread about a giveaway that he had, because if every player on this team had a thread for each giveaway, we'd be swarmed.
It's not the give aways for me, it's how every one blows past him as he stumbles to turn around and get the puck in the corner. This guy can't get out of his own way. He makes turnovers because the game is too fast for him to keep up.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 11:39 AM
  #57
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
What 3 or 4 nice plays? You mean the ones he's paid $3,000,000 a season to make? Please, now you Malik supporters are trying to paint him as a good defensman? Get a life.
Get a life? That's rich, coming from a guy who goes out of his way to point out how much he hates a guy on his own team.

Quote:
Malik is what he is and that is a barely serviceable #5 or #6 guy at this point in his career. If your happy with him then cheer him. I personally think he sucks and when he pulls a bonehead move like the one in the 1st period I will continue to boo him. Don't even start comparing him to Avery. When Avery is outta the lineup there is a big difference in this team. When Malik is outta the lineup the team plays just as well or better! You going to tell me that the Rosie-Malik pairing has outplayed the Rosie-Staal pairing this season? You believe that?
Right, because saying that he's not as bad as people make him out to be is the same as saying that he's outplayed our most consistent defenseman this year. Whatever you're smoking, it's time to cut back.

Quote:
Stop being like Isiah Thomas and trying to tell the fans who are paying alot of money to see these guys not to boo them when they screw up! If this drives the big oaf outta town, so be it!
And I never said not to boo people when they screw up. I said not to boo them at all times just because you need a token whipping boy. Malik gets booed at intros, whenever he touches the puck...he even gets booed when he gets his name announced for tallying an assist! How is that constructive?? We're not talking about a guy who's dogging it on the ice.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 11:43 AM
  #58
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
What 3 or 4 nice plays? You mean the ones he's paid $3,000,000 a season to make? Please, now you Malik supporters are trying to paint him as a good defensman? Get a life. Malik is what he is and that is a barely serviceable #5 or #6 guy at this point in his career. If your happy with him then cheer him. I personally think he sucks and when he pulls a bonehead move like the one in the 1st period I will continue to boo him. Don't even start comparing him to Avery. When Avery is outta the lineup there is a big difference in this team. When Malik is outta the lineup the team plays just as well or better! You going to tell me that the Rosie-Malik pairing has outplayed the Rosie-Staal pairing this season? You believe that?

Stop being like Isiah Thomas and trying to tell the fans who are paying alot of money to see these guys not to boo them when they screw up! If this drives the big oaf outta town, so be it!

He's the best passing dman we have. And actually when he is in the lineup it is noticeable that our breakouts look better. I wonder why this is? Could it be because he makes good passes out of his zone. Also we have been scoring more goals since he has been in the lineup. Girardi has been our worst dman on ice as of lately getting completely undressed on some plays that lead to goals or golden opportunites. Staal has been also making some horrendous passes. Nobody says anything though. I know they are rookies and are making rookie mistakes (and I'm not getting mad a them for it) but it seems like they aren't learning from them as they are making the same mistakes over and over, which is a problem.

Yes he does make boneheaded plays that usually are blatent, but he does lead to goals scored by us w/ his good passing in our zone. People just need somebody to blame. Malik is it. It's kind of funny when Poti was on the team people liked Malik and thought Poti was awful. As soon as Poti was gone people hated Malik.

Yes Rosy and Staal looke better than Rosy and Malik. Malik isn't a first pairing dman. But he is by no means a horrible dman. He is just over scrutinized and used as a whipping boy. I actually feel bad for him. It must be hard having to play knowing that he gets booed more at home than on the road. And don't compare Malik to that Racist, Sexist piece of s$$t in Isiah Thomas. That's like comparing an apple to an atom bomb.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 11:44 AM
  #59
rangers16*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
he sucks i dont get nervous when every other dline is out there except him and mara there both bad when we traded for mara wasnt he supoused to be our shot from the point he cant even get close to the net.and if malik would of fought the guy from carolina the other night we would of loved him it would of been like he scored another one under his legs

rangers16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 11:59 AM
  #60
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
You know what's kind of funny. I know people hate +/- stats but since Malik has been back he has been a +2. That's w/ most of our goals being scored on the PP where he isn't on (nor does it affect your +/-). And him playing w/ mostly the 3 and 4th lines. Not too bad since those lines don't score all that much.

Look at our D's +/-

Staal +4
Rosy +1
Mara +1
Malik Even
Strudwick -3
Tyutin -6
Girardi -9

Wow. Tyutin and Girardi pairing have been completely the worst if you look at that way. Especially since they always play w/ the #1 line or #2 line.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 12:01 PM
  #61
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
It's not the give aways for me, it's how every one blows past him as he stumbles to turn around and get the puck in the corner. This guy can't get out of his own way. He makes turnovers because the game is too fast for him to keep up.
If what you say is true, why is he consistently a plus player and not minus 50?

If he is giving it away consistently and everyone is blowing by him the fact is he would be minus 50 or in the minors or out of hockey altogether.

Instead of telling us how bad he is, try and address why he isn't always a minus player. Before the reasoning was Jagr was with him. Now Jagr isn't with him and he still isn't minus even though he is playing his worst hockey as a Ranger.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 12:03 PM
  #62
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
also kind of funny. Besides last nights game Girardi's last + game was Nov 8. That's over a month. Tyutin was Dec. 9th.

And also since Malik has been paird w/ Mara, Mara has posted 3 consecutive +1 performances. Hasn't done that all year w/ anybody else.

Just some fun stats to chew on.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 12:04 PM
  #63
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,510
vCash: 50
Awards:
I really, really, really hope we get rid of Malik soon. I'm so ****ing tired of reading thread after thread of the same arguments about him.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 12:11 PM
  #64
Badko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
I'll be honest. I didn't read past the first several posts, but count me as one who is frankly tired of the Malik bashing. I think if you watch closely, especially lately, Jagr's been giving up the puck way more than anyone on the team.

He ain't the greatest, but he certainly doesn't deserve this much negative attention. Spew the venom elsewhere.

Badko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
  #65
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Get a life? That's rich, coming from a guy who goes out of his way to point out how much he hates a guy on his own team.



Right, because saying that he's not as bad as people make him out to be is the same as saying that he's outplayed our most consistent defenseman this year. Whatever you're smoking, it's time to cut back.



And I never said not to boo people when they screw up. I said not to boo them at all times just because you need a token whipping boy. Malik gets booed at intros, whenever he touches the puck...he even gets booed when he gets his name announced for tallying an assist! How is that constructive?? We're not talking about a guy who's dogging it on the ice.
WHOOOOO! Stop there -- I never said I hated the guy. I just think he sucks as a defensman for the NYR. Doesn't mean I hate the guy. What does "not as bad as peopel make him out to be saying" mean? I've said numerous times throughout this post that I think he is a servicable #5 or #6 d-man. I also never advocated booing him in warmups. I chuckle when other fans do it but I've never booed him in warmups -- I save that for when he screws up which is guaranteed once a game. Not sure he's dogging it but I will tell you if I had his size then atleast once a game I'd plaster someone in the boards. Maybe the fact that he doesn't do it shows that he doesn't care or maybe it shows he's a big *****. Not sure which one it is, are you?

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 03:58 PM
  #66
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
+1`

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post
Im sick of the over-criticism of him.

I stand up and cheer when his name is anounced at the garden, he doesn't deserve this treatment.
+1

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 04:09 PM
  #67
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
If what you say is true, why is he consistently a plus player and not minus 50?

If he is giving it away consistently and everyone is blowing by him the fact is he would be minus 50 or in the minors or out of hockey altogether.

Instead of telling us how bad he is, try and address why he isn't always a minus player. Before the reasoning was Jagr was with him. Now Jagr isn't with him and he still isn't minus even though he is playing his worst hockey as a Ranger.
Because the coaching staff has demoted him to the 3rd pairing and limited his ice time. Teams best offensive lines are left up to the Ranger's defensive lines that include rookies.

If he's soooooo great, why is he playing with Mara rather than Rozsival? Isn't it funny that Rozsival is having his best year, not playing with Malik. For once I don't have to watch Rozi come over from his side of the ice to make a play on a player that just skated around the stumblebumb Malik.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 04:14 PM
  #68
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Because the coaching staff has demoted him to the 3rd pairing and limited his ice time. Teams best offensive lines are left up to the Ranger's defensive lines that include rookies.

If he's soooooo great, why is he playing with Mara rather than Rozsival? Isn't it funny that Rozsival is having his best year, not playing with Malik. For once I don't have to watch Rozi come over from his side of the ice to make a play on a player that just skated around the stumblebumb Malik.
He played 21 somewhat minutes last night and has played close or more than 20 every game back. That's not limited ice time.

Because Staal is younger, better, and has proven he can handle playing with Rozsival, while Rozsival also seems to have a better game, it's a better pair.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 04:26 PM
  #69
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
id rather see Dale Purinton on the Rangers over Malik, now that says something. At least Purinton would give the fans excitement.
Hey I don't like Malik as much as the next guy, but c'mon.....well....then again....nah...I liked Dale but I think you've picked the one guy who skates worse than the two left footed MM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
He played 21 somewhat minutes last night and has played close or more than 20 every game back. That's not limited ice time.

Because Staal is younger, better, and has proven he can handle playing with Rozsival, while Rozsival also seems to have a better game, it's a better pair.
Limited time against other teams best forwards and watching from the stands, is definately limited time. Furthermore, his +/- is for the season, not the past couple of games.....Roszival and Staal are a better pair because Rozsival doesn't have to make up for Staal's shortcomings as he did with Malik.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 04:38 PM
  #70
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
He played 21 somewhat minutes last night and has played close or more than 20 every game back. That's not limited ice time.

Because Staal is younger, better, and has proven he can handle playing with Rozsival, while Rozsival also seems to have a better game, it's a better pair.
Hence, he's a 3rd pairing d-man. If you don't mind paying $3,000,000 for a 3rd pairing guy then I guess Malik's your guy. My expectations from him are much greater -- hence my overall disappointment in him. In today's NHL I think paying that much for a guy who can barely outplay Struds is way too much. He has played his way outta NY and as long as he's on the ice I will want him outta here. Don't hate him just think the money is better spent on more pucks or towels!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 04:41 PM
  #71
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Anyway, wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year (yes, even Marek Malik)! Stay safe and see you guys in the New Year. Cheers!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 04:49 PM
  #72
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Hence, he's a 3rd pairing d-man. If you don't mind paying $3,000,000 for a 3rd pairing guy then I guess Malik's your guy. My expectations from him are much greater -- hence my overall disappointment in him. In today's NHL I think paying that much for a guy who can barely outplay Struds is way too much. He has played his way outta NY and as long as he's on the ice I will want him outta here. Don't hate him just think the money is better spent on more pucks or towels!
Actually no, I don't like the idea of a 3,000,000 dollar 3rd pair defenseman that is Marek Malik. I also don't like the ridiculous contracts given to Gomez, Drury, and anyone else in the league. Can I change that? No.

I would be looking to get rid of Marek Malik myself, apparantely you guys just don't get it. We don't need the threads anymore, nobody can wait until Malik is gone solely because it would shut you guys up about him. He's not that bad at all, for 3 million he certainly isn't worth it but who else would you rather be up there? Baranka? Sauer? It won't happen this year, so get used to it.

This is Malik's last year here, whether it be until the deadline or at the end of the year, he won't be re-signed. So deal with it and shut up with the threads until the thread comes up that he is gone, then, you can freely express your hateful feelings toward him, because frankly, nobody wants to see a Malik thread for a mistake every time they happen.

Nobody else made a thread on any mistakes that our "lovely boys" do. Hence: Sean Avery, he misses the net every time he shoots the god damn puck it seems. The guy just has no accuracy, oh, and he also gave it away numerous times last game in the neutral zone, giving up a chance, so where's his hateful thread? That's the point. Malik is not the biggest problem, he's part of the problem, but not the biggest.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 05:36 PM
  #73
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Because the coaching staff has demoted him to the 3rd pairing and limited his ice time. Teams best offensive lines are left up to the Ranger's defensive lines that include rookies.
You said everyone takes it away from him and everyone skates around him. Now you are saying that he isn't minus because he is playing against worse lines. Last year and the years before that he played on the top pairing and came close to leading the NHL in plus/minus. In other words you can't combine your notion that everyone goes around him with him not being minus. At least not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
If he's soooooo great, why is he playing with Mara rather than Rozsival? Isn't it funny that Rozsival is having his best year, not playing with Malik. For once I don't have to watch Rozi come over from his side of the ice to make a play on a player that just skated around the stumblebumb Malik.
I already said he isn't playing as well this year as the years before. As to why Rozsival is playing so well, I would argue he is playing better on the power play and getting more points but that his defense is no better and possibly worse than before. In previous years Rosy's +/- was far better than this year. He also has the advantage of playing with the best DMan on the Rangers right now which can only help him.

No one ever says Malik is great. All some of us believe is that he has become a fan's punching bag because of his size and non-hitting. His plus minus continues to not suck even while people like you continually tell us that he is a disaster on ice every shift. Reality and statistics show otherwise but once a conception is formed by some it is there to stay, no matter what.

Malik put up great numbers when on the top pairing. Now we have Giradi putting up horrendous numbers under the same situation. In fact, they are worse than at any time Malik has been a Ranger. To his credit, Girardi is young and will hopefully improve but so far his game has gone way south of what we all expected after watching him last season.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 06:16 PM
  #74
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
You said everyone takes it away from him and everyone skates around him. Now you are saying that he isn't minus because he is playing against worse lines. Last year and the years before that he played on the top pairing and came close to leading the NHL in plus/minus. In other words you can't combine your notion that everyone goes around him with him not being minus. At least not yet.



I already said he isn't playing as well this year as the years before. As to why Rozsival is playing so well, I would argue he is playing better on the power play and getting more points but that his defense is no better and possibly worse than before. In previous years Rosy's +/- was far better than this year. He also has the advantage of playing with the best DMan on the Rangers right now which can only help him.

No one ever says Malik is great. All some of us believe is that he has become a fan's punching bag because of his size and non-hitting. His plus minus continues to not suck even while people like you continually tell us that he is a disaster on ice every shift. Reality and statistics show otherwise but once a conception is formed by some it is there to stay, no matter what.

Malik put up great numbers when on the top pairing. Now we have Giradi putting up horrendous numbers under the same situation. In fact, they are worse than at any time Malik has been a Ranger. To his credit, Girardi is young and will hopefully improve but so far his game has gone way south of what we all expected after watching him last season.
Agree with you that MM has become the fans punching bag, as Poti was before him. But don't feel sorry for him for that and feel that need that you have to come to his defense or perceive him to be better than he really is.

You have to wonder why the fans have picked him to be that punching bag, don't you? I really doubt it's because of his lack of physical play. You get noticed more by what you do, rather than what you don't do. You have to wonder why other teams are calling to see if he's available when he's only played in 19 games, sick hurt or not, the guys been a healthy scratch several times this year. He was being beat out of playing time by Strudwick who couldn't even find an NHL contract to start the year last season. If that's not enough outside evidence that Malik is waiver material then check out what other people on the trade rumors board are willling to offer for him. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=malik I believe a bag of pucks w/o the pucks was the most popular. So hockey fans of other teams, don't even want the guy on their team for nothing.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 08:53 PM
  #75
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
Not a fan of Malik's at all...

and think he's overrated, and over-criticized at the same time, if you can believe that.

The bottom line, thought, is he didn't block guys like Girardi and Staal from getting quality ice time. Right now, if anybody, he's blocking Strudwick or Mara, Pock, Hutch and Baranka from getting a shot. Of that bunch, I don't mind seeing any of them not play except for Baranka, but with a youthful defensive corps, I'm fine with Malik taking a position because he is decent insurance and going with all that youth would've been a tough call to start this season. Come March, perhaps the landscape will have changed since Sather has seen this team can play defense without Malik and there may be a team out there who would pay for Malik, who would be a good vet acquisition for a playoff-bound team.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.