HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

Old
12-19-2011, 01:44 PM
goflyers1718

vCash: 500
Thanks a lot! I'll keep these in mind.

goflyers1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:12 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki View Post
Hi,

My Girlfriend and I stay at a hotel at Times Square. On 12/29/11 we wanted to watch the Islanders Game (1st Row Lower VIP End Zone).

Today i injured my shoulder, so I'm not sure wether we sould go to the game. My girlfriend is very scary.. is the way from Nassau Colosseum back to Times Square dangerous in the evening? I mean I can't really protect her with a broken shoulder....

+ it is a very long trip (1:45 min by train)...

Would you go anyway? Do you know a possibility to sell the tickets as a German? Tickets are downloadable but to sell on Stubhub you must be located in US or UK.

Thank you guys
LOL if you're girlfriend is scary, I'm sure no one will bother you.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:40 AM
beLIever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
Bar & grill type places within 5 mins of arena:

Hooters
Miller's Ale House
TGI Friday's
Houlihan's
CanzACiti Roadhouse
Applebee's
Chili's
Famous Dave's
Houston's
Ruby Tuesday

And that's just the chain restaurants. I'm sure I missed a few, not to mention good non-chain places like Tin Alley Grill, Potter's Pub, and others.
And Borelli's for LI pizza!

beLIever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:39 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

vCash: 50
Does anyone know how to get autographs from the visiting team, before or after the game? (as I'm an avid collecter)

Thanks!

Last edited by TherapyforGlencross: 12-28-2011 at 07:51 AM.
TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:39 PM
cohenzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Does anyone know how to get autographs from the visiting team, before or after the game? (as I'm an avid collecter)

Thanks!
On night game days, your best chance is before or after morning skates. If the team stays at the Marriott (almost all do), they all walk from the hotel to the Coliseum. Get there about 9am to be sure not miss anyone. You can get the coaches sometimes as well. The skate for the away team usually ends about 11:30, so you could always try after practice but before is usually easier.

cohenzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 06:32 AM
masken

A quick one...is this seat on the first row?
Close to the board, behind the net?
Section 120 Row A Seats 3.

masken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by masken View Post
A quick one...is this seat on the first row?
Close to the board, behind the net?
Section 120 Row A Seats 3.
Yup.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 08:18 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

Hello, Bruins fan here, coming down on 3/31 to see the bruins play. Just to get this straight, after I am in NYC, I go to Penn Station and take the Long Island Rail Road, get off at Mineola and take a cab ?. Also ,are there a bunch of cabs available after the game to take back to Mineola, or will I need to call one ? Thanks.

RaskMullet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Isles Junkie

you'll likely need to call one. I've never seen taxis waiting after the game, but I've also never looked.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:29 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been covered, but what do the lower VIP sections include? Is there free food or anything?

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBombay9 View Post
Hello, Bruins fan here, coming down on 3/31 to see the bruins play. Just to get this straight, after I am in NYC, I go to Penn Station and take the Long Island Rail Road, get off at Mineola and take a cab ?. Also ,are there a bunch of cabs available after the game to take back to Mineola, or will I need to call one ? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
you'll likely need to call one. I've never seen taxis waiting after the game, but I've also never looked.
Just walk across the parking lot to the Marriott after the game. Steady stream of cabs after every NVMC event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Hey guys, sorry if this has already been covered, but what do the lower VIP sections include? Is there free food or anything?
Not anything for free, but the seats are great. If youre looking for seats with free food/beverages, there are VIP seats at the top of the 200 level called the Promenade, and VIP seats at the bottom of the 300 level called the arena suites. Theyre not like suites in a modern arena so dont let the name fool you, theyre just a private little box of seats with free waiter service. You can usually find them on stubhub for cheap.

The Promenade seats are level 200, row M, and the arena suites are labeled on the seating chart as G1, G2, G3, G4, etc.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:51 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

Thanks for the answers !

RaskMullet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 10:22 PM
cohenzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
Not anything for free, but the seats are great. If youre looking for seats with free food/beverages, there are VIP seats at the top of the 200 level called the Promenade, and VIP seats at the bottom of the 300 level called the arena suites. Theyre not like suites in a modern arena so dont let the name fool you, theyre just a private little box of seats with free waiter service. You can usually find them on stubhub for cheap.

The Promenade seats are level 200, row M, and the arena suites are labeled on the seating chart as G1, G2, G3, G4, etc.
They do come with access to a lower level club that serves free snacks and beverages before the game and during intermissions. Bring zip lock bags or little tupperware boxes and an empty water bottle and you can sneak food back to the seats.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Is general parking really only $7?

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
stranger34

Quote:
i see a sign all the time that says 7, but i think they just forgot to change it.

It's $10

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:37 PM
cohenzee

Quote:
There is one lot that is $7 dollars (it's mandated by the county that $7 parking be available). The entrance is on Earl Ovington. The easiest way to get to the lot is to turn off Hempstead Turnpike onto Earl Ovington. The lot is the first right on Earl Ovington after you turn off Hempstead Turnpike.

Old
01-29-2012, 03:19 PM
KingsFan11

So this is one of the standard "I'm visiting NYC and going to an Islanders game..." questions.

My 9 year old daughter and I are traveling to NYC the weekend of Feb 11 and lo and behold our LA Kings are playing the Islanders. I've already got reservations at the Marriott, which looks like you can literally walk across the street to the Coliseum (right?) Do most of the visiting teams stay there? That would be sweet!

So my real questions is about tickets. I'm looking on ebay and stubhub, and it looks like glass (row AA) seats are going for like $65?? Are the Islanders having "attendance issues" this year? Glass seats in LA/Anaheim go for a minimum of $200, and compared to other team even that is cheap!
Anyway, I've read that the AA seats aren't really that good - is that right? I've had glass seats 3 times, and each time your seat was at about the level where the glass meets the boards, so that you have a clear view, and your seat is close enough to to the glass to easily touch it/pound on it/whatever. Is that not the case at Nassau?
I also found some seats that appear to be behind the bench. Can anyone confirm what seats are behind the visitor's bench? It looks like section 115 and 116, row B ?

We're not really going for the best view - we are able to go to about 10 Kings home games a year and have a pretty good view - so I'm thinking glass seats or right behind the bench would be an "experience"...

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated - help a Kings fan out - remember we pretty much gift wrapped and delivered Moulson to you guys for free!

Thanks

KingsFan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 03:22 PM
DerekJR321

Glass seats aren't that great in the coliseum. Honestly the 200s are probably the best seats. I'm not fond of the 100s due to the view.

Glass seats are level with the ice basically, not with the glass.

DerekJR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan11 View Post
So this is one of the standard "I'm visiting NYC and going to an Islanders game..." questions.

My 9 year old daughter and I are traveling to NYC the weekend of Feb 11 and lo and behold our LA Kings are playing the Islanders. I've already got reservations at the Marriott, which looks like you can literally walk across the street to the Coliseum (right?) Do most of the visiting teams stay there? That would be sweet!

So my real questions is about tickets. I'm looking on ebay and stubhub, and it looks like glass (row AA) seats are going for like $65?? Are the Islanders having "attendance issues" this year? Glass seats in LA/Anaheim go for a minimum of $200, and compared to other team even that is cheap!
Anyway, I've read that the AA seats aren't really that good - is that right? I've had glass seats 3 times, and each time your seat was at about the level where the glass meets the boards, so that you have a clear view, and your seat is close enough to to the glass to easily touch it/pound on it/whatever. Is that not the case at Nassau?
I also found some seats that appear to be behind the bench. Can anyone confirm what seats are behind the visitor's bench? It looks like section 115 and 116, row B ?

We're not really going for the best view - we are able to go to about 10 Kings home games a year and have a pretty good view - so I'm thinking glass seats or right behind the bench would be an "experience"...

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated - help a Kings fan out - remember we pretty much gift wrapped and delivered Moulson to you guys for free!

Thanks
The glass seats are so cheap because the view from them is horrible. The seats are way to low (level with the ice, not where the glass meets the boards) so you just wind up looking at the boards all night. If youre low behind the bench you wind up looking at the boards and the backs of players. If you want to sit behind the bench, pay a little extra and sit in at least row E and youll actually see the game.

Old
02-06-2012, 11:57 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan11 View Post

Thanks

Sweet! I won't be the only one. (sorry, Islander fans but we deal with this ALL the time in LA)

I'm might also be staying at the Marriott as well!

And your right... We did gift wrap them Moulson... (how badly could we use him now...)

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
The mariot and the coliseum are less than a football field from each other, so yes you can walk there easily. Some teams opt to stay at the mariot I've also heard/read sometimes they stay in garden city.. Ticket prices at the coliseum are generally much lower than other venues around the league. Performance, franchise reputation and uncertain future has been making it hard for the team to raise prices with out losing portions of the fanbase. Personally I've sat in pretty much every section at the coliseum at some point and like the others have said in some sections the first few rows have majorly obstructed views. I bought tickets for my younger sisters birthday right behind the isles bencha few years back.. Price was cheap and figured what the hell this should be cool. It was.. For the first five minutes and than pretty much your staring at the back of the players helmets for two hours and watching the game on the jumbo screen.. The only highlight was watching Jon sim pull teeth out of his mouth after a high stick.. I'd recommend any where in the 200's you can easily walk down to the glass with your daughter during warmups and intermissions and return to your seat and actually enjoy the game. If you insist on getting 100 section seats try and sit atleast 7-8 rows back otherwise the view could be atrocious. Hope that helps enjoy the game.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:44 AM
carparkno1

islanders games in March/April - help please!

Gents,

I posted here some time ago about a NYC hockey trip I am making from good old Britain with a mate. Well, it's coming up in the next few weeks now, and wanted a bit of advice.

We have tix booked in for a couple of Devils games 25th/27th March vs Blackhawks and Tampa Bay (kinda glad I did seeing as they are doing well!), but also want to take in two Islanders games and a Rangers game if possible.

I know that the Islanders aren't exactly knocking it out of the park right now, but we are here for hockey, any hockey! We are looking at Sat 31st March vs Bruins and then the day after vs the Sens. Anyways, the question is, should we order tix online or just turn up on the day? Just wondering about availability considering the season is a bit of a bust - it won't be sold out will it? Am looking at tix in the first 2 or 3 rows for both games down by the benches. Would you suggest buying now or just waiting for game day?

As for the Rangers - they are playing the Canadiens on the 30th at MSG - I really want to go there on the Friday to see that game, not fussed on where I sit. Do you think I should book ahead or just turn up on the day and get tix from the arena?

Cheers!

carparkno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Islanders1932

Just turn up on the day of the game. I know it doesn't feel secure since you are from out of town, but the way the Islanders are playing you will have no problem getting tickets (Islanders have only sold out 4 times this year all vs. the Rangers and home opener) and you will avoid the annoying online service charge. I never have used stubhub, but apparently you can get really cheap deals on that. Also, if you are students you can get pretty much half off box office prices the day of the game.

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:12 AM
carparkno1

Thanks man. We are staying at the Marriott next door so it's all good - will buy bruins and sens tickets on the day for the 200s

carparkno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Mustang2750

Quote:
Originally Posted by carparkno1 View Post
Thanks man. We are staying at the Marriott next door so it's all good - will buy beyond and sens tickets on the day for the 200s
You can get MUCH cheaper/better seats on Stinging. Box office prices are a ripoff.

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote