HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

Old
12-12-2009, 03:25 AM
wandk128

vCash: 500
Any reviews of:

Alfredo's in Westbury
Amore Mio Pizza Baldwin
Campus Pizza & Gyro

Thanks guys!

wandk128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:31 AM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
In the Coliseum, what row is the first row? A? or AA?
Help?

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:09 AM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Help?
Row A is the first row in sections in the corners and behind the net. Sections inbetween the goal lines (101-104, and 114-118) have an extra row (AA) added. Sections behind the benches or penalty box (102X, 115, 116, 117) start with row B, with the exception of the far aisle seats in sections 115 and 117, which go to row AA.

Personally, I would steer clear of the 100s below row F in the center, and altogether in the corners or ends. For a building with the best sightlines in the league, the 100s sections have dreadful ones. Reason being that while most rinks have the first row about 1/2 way up the boards (like the PruCenter) the first row of the coliseum is at ice level, which is just awful.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:29 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandk128 View Post
Any reviews of:

Alfredo's in Westbury
Amore Mio Pizza Baldwin
Campus Pizza & Gyro

Thanks guys!
Can't speak for the latter 2, Alfredo's is decent but not the same as it used to be, depends on what kind of Italian dishes you like, for Pizza Raimo's in Plainview is the best,

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 03:19 PM
nyislenut619

Hey, I've been away most of the year, but I just got back for the holidays and am planning on going to a game next week. Does anyone know if Loudville is still around? I didn't see it on the Isles website, but I could sure use the $10 tickets.

nyislenut619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 10:58 AM
dcv2002

I've got 3 tickets to tonight's game. Unfortunately I'm family of 4. My youngest is 4. Would I need to get a ticket for her? She could probably just sit on my lap? Or will I have to buy an el cheapo ticket to get her in the building?

dcv2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 12:32 PM
blackmesa

Hey guys, probably going to the game tomorrow with the g/f and we want to get something to eat before hand. Any recommendations? Is Doolin's any good?

blackmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 03:51 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
Hey guys, probably going to the game tomorrow with the g/f and we want to get something to eat before hand. Any recommendations? Is Doolin's any good?
I'd go to Borrelli's before the game or Milller's Ale House. If you want Italian, Borrelli's is right on the corner of Merrick Ave and Hempstead Turnpike. Miller's is futher down the turnpike in Levittown.

Old
01-01-2010, 04:35 PM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
Doolins I would avoid and I dont think they even do the food/seating anymore.

Wanna hit a nice Italian place (family style)? www.piccolabussolarestaurant.com

Ive been going here for well over a decade and its probably one of the best family style Italian joints on the island. For the most part, both locations are the same but theres a few dishes each one cooks alittle different. Reasonably priced as well.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 08:17 PM
dsarch

How early do you think someone would have to get the 15$ student tickets for Devils-Islanders on the 23rd? Also, are they strict with ID's? like if a friend graduated a year ago from college will he have a problem?

dsarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 02:00 AM
AHpsycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsarch View Post
How early do you think someone would have to get the 15$ student tickets for Devils-Islanders on the 23rd? Also, are they strict with ID's? like if a friend graduated a year ago from college will he have a problem?
If your college ID doesn't have a year on it you do not have to worry at all.

I don't know if the Isles/Devils game will be any different but when I went to the Philly game last week people were still getting the Loudville tickets 20 minutes before the game. Of course the earlier you get it the better the seats.

AHpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Hey guys, got a question about some of your sections, I couldn't find anything on the Isles page, figured you'd might know. Is there anything different/special about the sections with an X at the end? Like 226X for example, I noticed a few tix on StubHub for pretty cheap compared to the surrounded sections. They're all very small sections - just want to make sure these aren't like handicapped sections or family zones or something like that.

Thanks!

Mr.Krinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:14 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

I've done the train/taxi combo from NYC before, but this time I'm driving.

My tickets came with a parking pass to the "BREAKAWAY Lot", and I'm wondering if that's a good thing that I should bother searching out, or is it a gimmick and I should just park in any lot?

Thanks!

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Hey guys, got a question about some of your sections, I couldn't find anything on the Isles page, figured you'd might know. Is there anything different/special about the sections with an X at the end? Like 226X for example, I noticed a few tix on StubHub for pretty cheap compared to the surrounded sections. They're all very small sections - just want to make sure these aren't like handicapped sections or family zones or something like that.

Thanks!
The sections marked with an X just mean theyre temporary stands and can be removed and stored if need be. There is nothing different about them for a hockey setup, so if the price is good dont hesitate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I've done the train/taxi combo from NYC before, but this time I'm driving.

My tickets came with a parking pass to the "BREAKAWAY Lot", and I'm wondering if that's a good thing that I should bother searching out, or is it a gimmick and I should just park in any lot?

Thanks!
Its wonderful. Follow the directions on the pass and you park right at the door.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 10:41 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post

Its wonderful. Follow the directions on the pass and you park right at the door.
Sweet. Thanks

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Sweet. Thanks
That is a great user name you have there

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Seating/Rows in the Colisseum question...Help!

Hey guys. I was just have a quick question...I want to get seats on the glass for when the Habs come to town to make it up to my girlfriend since she got sick and couldn't come with me last time. I was gonna get seats in section 103, but I just have one question...what is the front row? A or AA? or is it something else?

Thank you.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:11 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
Hey guys. I was just have a quick question...I want to get seats on the glass for when the Habs come to town to make it up to my girlfriend since she got sick and couldn't come with me last time. I was gonna get seats in section 103, but I just have one question...what is the front row? A or AA? or is it something else?

Thank you.
I live on the glass, if you want to get tickets. AA is the front row.

103 is a great section, it is closer to mid ice, although last night against the Devils 103 and 104 got 8 shots the whole night. We were in 103 on Thursday against the Panthers and my wife got hit with a puck so you are in the action.

If you take 103 or 104, you get to see the Isles shoot twice, in 102 and 101 you get the visitor's shooting twice, do not get seats across the way as the player's benches impede the view. If you sit in AA, you need a jacket.

Old
01-25-2010, 11:08 AM
MTK

Quote:

Thank you.
To be honest with you...the glass is actually one of the worst seats in NVMC. If you want them, there is an ebayer seller, who usually has glass seats for all games.

I would recommend a section like 203.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 05:46 PM
The KGBeast

My aunt and uncle had season tickets in section 305 from 1972-73 until the early 90s, and my dad said they were some of the best seats he'd ever sat in. They aren't terribly expensive, either. Just thought I'd throw that out there!

The KGBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I've sat on the glass at a game before, particularly when the Devils used to play at what is now Izod Center, and I know it isn't the greatest, but I think it's more of the experience itself type of thing. She was gonna come with me to the Habs @ Devils game last Friday to which I had amazing seats similar to section 203 of the NVMC, and she was so crushed when she had the stomach virus the day of and couldn't go. I just think it'd be cool to show her tickets on Valentines Day and say they're front row.

Worst case scenario, would it be hard to move back to 203 or around there? It's a Tuesday night game, so it may not be packed.

Also, where do you guys recommend I get these tickets? I was looking at Stubhub.

Old
01-25-2010, 11:06 PM
majormet

Quote:
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I've sat on the glass at a game before, particularly when the Devils used to play at what is now Izod Center, and I know it isn't the greatest, but I think it's more of the experience itself type of thing. She was gonna come with me to the Habs @ Devils game last Friday to which I had amazing seats similar to section 203 of the NVMC, and she was so crushed when she had the stomach virus the day of and couldn't go. I just think it'd be cool to show her tickets on Valentines Day and say they're front row.

Worst case scenario, would it be hard to move back to 203 or around there? It's a Tuesday night game, so it may not be packed.

Also, where do you guys recommend I get these tickets? I was looking at Stubhub.
I'd go with Stubhub, and I personally like the "on the glass" experience all though there are obstructed views.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:34 PM
MaltoMarioLemieux

The glass seats are cool, even if you can't see anything half the time. Just the experience is cool.

MaltoMarioLemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Can anyone tell me where to go to see the visiting players leave after the game and maybe get a few autographs?

Also, will I be able to take public transit from Northern New Jersey? I can get a train to Penn Station very easily, I'm just worried I won't be able to get back or something. Do trains even run til like 11 on a weeknight? How reliable is getting a cab out of the NVMC after the game to the train station? Will there not be one if I wait around to get autographs?

Last edited by Galchenyuk27: 02-14-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old
04-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Fist of Gillies

I have heard the are cracking down on parking by Nassau Community College by ticketing vehicles.

Is this true/still happening?

Fist of Gillies is offline   Reply With Quote