HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

Old
09-13-2010, 12:26 AM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Row R at the Coliseum, the OLD Coliseum, is closer to the action that the high 300's in a bunch of arenas and those arenas I speak of have 400 sections.

There is a really tough thing you can try to do....find a bad seat in the Coliseum. It's possible, but if you stay behind the nets or in the corners, it's damned near impossible. You'll have a good time. Be sure to get the charcoal hot pretzels if you can find them outside.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Row R at the Coliseum, the OLD Coliseum, is closer to the action that the high 300's in a bunch of arenas and those arenas I speak of have 400 sections.

There is a really tough thing you can try to do....find a bad seat in the Coliseum. It's possible, but if you stay behind the nets or in the corners, it's damned near impossible. You'll have a good time. Be sure to get the charcoal hot pretzels if you can find them outside.
Its not so much the view of the ice itself up there that sucks, the view of the ice is great, those just arent the seats to have if youre claustrophobic. Its like youre watching the game at a disconnect from the rest of the arena. Its you, the view of the ice, and then the view of the overhanging ceiling 5 feet over your head that doesnt allow you to see anything but the ice and the wall directly in front of you. I dont mind sitting there once in a while because the view of the ice is still terrific, but over a bunch of games I would rather see the rest of the arena as well. Row P and R arent so bad, but rows S and T are like watching the game packed into a trailer like a sardine, which oh by the way, has a view of the ice too.

And the top 3 rows in the end the Isles shoot twice would classify as bad seats. Thats pretty much it for the whole building.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
It'll be an expensive trip to New York (paid $250 each for football tickets... this is the main reason I'm going), so paying $35 including taxes and shipping for the Habs' game seemed fine to me.

Turns out I actually have an extra ticket since a friend won't be able to make it afterall.

So... anyone want to see the the Habs/Isles game with me and my friend on October 29th? haha
Since it was on the last page, thought I'd mention it here!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 10:02 AM
submart

Hey guys, I was going to try making the trip out the NVMC for the opening game against the Stars. I was wondering what time Loudville seats go on sale and seeing as it's opening night how early should I get there to ensure I do get seats? I will be driving so the parking lot must be open. Thanks guys.

submart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 12:52 PM
rambler725

in the 300 levels row a in the corners and behind net..how is the view any obstructions in the way of glass or railings...do you have to lean forward or move head up and down to see through obstacles if they exist???

Thanks in advance for your replies

rambler725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:29 PM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler725 View Post
in the 300 levels row a in the corners and behind net..how is the view any obstructions in the way of glass or railings...do you have to lean forward or move head up and down to see through obstacles if they exist???

You'll be fine. I'm pretty sure you even get a little ledge to put your beer on.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler725 View Post

Those seats are some of the most awesome seats in the NHL. You will enjoy them.

Old
10-10-2010, 10:28 PM
oNoxXxRegretso

Out of towner

I posted in another thread earlier about camera's, and I'm sorry if this was already answered somewhere in here but I didn't want to read all of the pages.

Does anyone know where the visiting team enters and exits the arena? I'm coming to the Avs game Saturday and want to see if I can snap some photo's of them. Thanks in advance

oNoxXxRegretso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

So... how much would a taxi ride from Penn Station to the Coliseum cost? Just seeing all my options since I don't want to get lost in your public transportation haha

Old
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
MTK

Quote:
So... how much would a taxi ride from Penn Station to the Coliseum cost? Just seeing all my options since I don't want to get lost in your public transportation haha
enough that you wouldn't want to do . Take the LIRR then cab it.

I am not sure if they are still running shuttles from Merrick or Mineola to the NVMC?

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRISE27EMTK View Post
I am not sure if they are still running shuttles from Merrick or Mineola to the NVMC?
Thats the easiest quickest and cheapest way. A cab from Penn Station to the colesium is going to be like $50+.. take the train to mineola then cab it. Penn stations not that confusing just follow what it says on the big board and trains have where they're going on the side.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
Thats the easiest quickest and cheapest way. A cab from Penn Station to the colesium is going to be like $50+.. take the train to mineola then cab it. Penn stations not that confusing just follow what it says on the big board and trains have where they're going on the side.
and a cab from mineola is how much then?

Old
10-14-2010, 01:02 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRISE27EMTK View Post

Not only that, the LIE/GCP-Northern State traffic will make it about 2,123 hour trip. I would take the Hempstead line, get off at Garden City and catch a cab.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:06 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by oNoxXxRegretso View Post
I posted in another thread earlier about camera's, and I'm sorry if this was already answered somewhere in here but I didn't want to read all of the pages.

Does anyone know where the visiting team enters and exits the arena? I'm coming to the Avs game Saturday and want to see if I can snap some photo's of them. Thanks in advance
Well, if they are staying at the Marriot and you get there REAL early, you might be able to see them walking over. I remember a few years back being at the Coliseum to buy tickets when they used to have 2 public on-sales. Whoever they were playing that night was having a morning skate and guys were walking over from the Marriot, all stopped to sign autographs for people. I believe the other hotel teams stay at is the Garden City Hotel (if it is still called that). Those are the best 2 spots to try to see players. I worked at the Marriot teaching swim lessons for a year, and saw opposing players a bunch of times.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Islander102

Quote:
and a cab from mineola is how much then?
Like 6-10 bucks. Closer to 6

Old
10-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
Like 6-10 bucks. Closer to 6
Oh, cool. So I hop on a subway from Penn Station and head towards Mineola (I assume I can find it easily enough by asking the concierge at the hotel)?

Old
10-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Oh, cool. So I hop on a subway from Penn Station and head towards Mineola (I assume I can find it easily enough by asking the concierge at the hotel)?
You can take either the Hempstead Branch of the Long Island Rail Road to Hempstead (the last stop), or the Huntington branch to Mineola. At both stations there will be cabs right outside the station waiting for you.

Going back to the train after the game, walk across the parking lot to the Mariott hotel, walk through the hotel to the front entrance, and there will be plenty of cabs coming through there taking people back to the train stations.

Old
11-04-2010, 11:11 AM
winslow

I've got tickets in Lower VIP Defend Endzone 226 X at Nassau anyone know if thier are anything special about these seats where they are VIP?

winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow View Post
I've got tickets in Lower VIP Defend Endzone 226 X at Nassau anyone know if thier are anything special about these seats where they are VIP?
I also have tickets in 226X for the December 26th. Anything special about them?

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 07:11 AM
winslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
Thats sweet man we have tickets for the devils and leafs on december 26th. I basically found out that you can get service at your seat here, essentially you can order food and stuff and they bring it right to your seat. Also the seats are probably a bit more cushiony than normal seats.

How many games are you seeing while you are there?

Old
11-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Thats sweet man we have tickets for the devils and leafs on december 26th. I basically found out that you can get service at your seat here, essentially you can order food and stuff and they bring it right to your seat. Also the seats are probably a bit more cushiony than normal seats.

How many games are you seeing while you are there?
Me, my girlfriend and another couple are actually making a road trip out of it.

On December 26th: we're going to the Montreal - Islanders game. We're staying in NYC until the 31. Then, on January 1st, we drive to Pittsburgh for the Winter Classic. On the 2nd, we have tickets in Detroit for the Vikings-Lions game.

How about you? What are your plans?

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:26 AM
winslow

Quote:
Me, my girlfriend and another couple are actually making a road trip out of it.

On December 26th: we're going to the Montreal - Islanders game. We're staying in NYC until the 31. Then, on January 1st, we drive to Pittsburgh for the Winter Classic. On the 2nd, we have tickets in Detroit for the Vikings-Lions game.

How about you? What are your plans?
Me and 5 of my friends are going down on boxing day seeing leafs @ devils that night then Islanders@rangers the next night. Then we are getting the train to washington for the habs@capitals and then back to new york for Penguin@Islanders. 4 of us are staying an extra day and going to the pinstripe bowl at yankee stadium. we were originally going to go to pittsburgh for the classic but then realized we could see 4 games for around the same price.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:04 AM
SaveByRitcher35

Is there any way to catch opposing players after the game at Nassau since they moved the buses underneath the stadium?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

SaveByRitcher35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Islander102

Quote:
Quote:
No, for whatever reason, theyre just called VIP. They have an excellent view of the ice though, and 226x is kind of like a private little section with only a few seats right over the Zamboni driveway.

Old
11-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Section311

Best Seats???

Dont know if I should have started a new thread for this. Mods please move if you have to.

I have gotten tickets in sec 103 and 116 before. Front row in sec 103 was pretty good but they were terrible in sec 116 because I couldnt see anything with all the players and sticks. My question is I want to grab tickets in either section 102x or 116. What is the best row to get in these sections. Is it still a great view if I go first row in 102x because its not behind the bench or are the higher rows better?

Thanks

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote