HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

Old
11-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Fantom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
Dont know if I should have started a new thread for this. Mods please move if you have to.

I have gotten tickets in sec 103 and 116 before. Front row in sec 103 was pretty good but they were terrible in sec 116 because I couldnt see anything with all the players and sticks. My question is I want to grab tickets in either section 102x or 116. What is the best row to get in these sections. Is it still a great view if I go first row in 102x because its not behind the bench or are the higher rows better?

Thanks
IMO there are no good seats in the 100 section.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 12:04 PM
SnowmustGo*

I like section 311..I've had season tickets there for years, and you can see the whole ice at any given time, and the islanders shoot on your end 2x each game.

SnowmustGo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:37 AM
And You Feel Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
Dont know if I should have started a new thread for this. Mods please move if you have to.

I have gotten tickets in sec 103 and 116 before. Front row in sec 103 was pretty good but they were terrible in sec 116 because I couldnt see anything with all the players and sticks. My question is I want to grab tickets in either section 102x or 116. What is the best row to get in these sections. Is it still a great view if I go first row in 102x because its not behind the bench or are the higher rows better?

Thanks
I'm not a fan of sitting directly behind or to the side of the benches or penalty boxes unless you're more interested in what's going on in those locations than on the ice. Not really sure how far up you'd want to sit in those sections to escape the distortions and site blockages, but I suspect you'd be better off in the 200s, honestly.

If you ever have a chance at low seats in the corners, however, there's no better spot to watch a game from. Front rows of sections 106/113/119/124 give you full sightlines, and being a few rows off the ice is still an excellent view. Pretty much any other front-row spot will have blind spots from glass distortion or benches/penalty boxes/goal judges.

And You Feel Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 04:00 PM
lacaptainliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
IMO there are no good seats in the 100 section.
Ehh I've sat in section 110 and it was a pretty decent view and the people around were really into the game. It was really easy to see the goals cause you're right behind the net. In the 300's the view of the entire ice is better. Never sat 200's though.

lacaptainliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacaptainliz View Post
Ehh I've sat in section 110 and it was a pretty decent view and the people around were really into the game. It was really easy to see the goals cause you're right behind the net. In the 300's the view of the entire ice is better. Never sat 200's though.
The 200s are some of the best seats in the NHL. Like you said, in the 100's the only good place to sit is directly behind the net since youre looking straight on at the other end. In the 200s and 300s sitting closer to center ice provides the better view.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Groin Of Bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
The 200s are some of the best seats in the NHL. Like you said, in the 100's the only good place to sit is directly behind the net since youre looking straight on at the other end. In the 200s and 300s sitting closer to center ice provides the better view.
The 200's in the Coli are some of the best seats I have ever sat in, in any arena for any sport.

The 300's are perfect for viewing the entire ice, no matter if you sit center or in the corners.

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Acew61

delete

Last edited by Acew61: 11-30-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Acew61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 02:49 AM
mole

First time visit to Nassau

Heya Isles fans,

I have the good fortune of visiting New York in mid-January, and as a Danish hockey fan I want to grab the unique chance of watching the Isles (and Frans Nielsen) take on Jannik Hansen's Canucks. But I could use a little help!

My first question is: tickets. When are they put on sale? Should I buy them online or is it cheaper/easier to buy them once i get to NY? (The game is the 11th of January, I probably won't arrive until the evening before).
Also, are there any travel tips I should be aware of? Ie. what's the easiest way to get to the Coliseum?

Thanks,
mo

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 04:59 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Heya Isles fans,

I have the good fortune of visiting New York in mid-January, and as a Danish hockey fan I want to grab the unique chance of watching the Isles (and Frans Nielsen) take on Jannik Hansen's Canucks. But I could use a little help!

My first question is: tickets. When are they put on sale? Should I buy them online or is it cheaper/easier to buy them once i get to NY? (The game is the 11th of January, I probably won't arrive until the evening before).
Also, are there any travel tips I should be aware of? Ie. what's the easiest way to get to the Coliseum?

Thanks,
mo
You can get tickets at any time at the box office window, or save even more by buying them online at Stubhub.com. As the Isles are in complete disarray, getting tickets to any game is easy.

Check out this thread for more info regarding your visit:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=459849

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 08:05 AM
PJGooch

Quote:
Heya Isles fans,

Thanks,
mo

You can get tickets for upcoming home games on StubHub for as low as 20-25% face value. If you can wait to buy for a few weeks, you'll find the same sort of deals for the Canucks game -- if they're not available already. There is absolutely no need to buy from the box office.

PJGooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 08:43 AM
mole

Thanks for the tips. Although I really should have noticed that thread myself

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Bones45

I'm sure you are going to check out NYC.. if you have a car, getting to the coliseum is easy --- right off main highways.

if you are staying in NYC and are relying on trains/cabs etc, its a little more tricky, but easily done.

Feel free to ask us for help because many of us are local, and frankly would rather read and add to this thread than the others about our team!

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Brunomics

If your going to go for a pre game dinner don't waste your time at Champions or anything. There is Millers Ale House about 5 minutes(I think) down the road. It's good times.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Robin Hood

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. Although I really should have noticed that thread myself
Hi Mole,

I visited about a month ago to see Montreal with Eller against NIY. It was great experience!

Assuming you'll live in Manhattan I think the easiest way is to take LLIR to Mineola train station and take a taxi from there. Remember to ask about the price in taxi before you go. The driver will then call the central and ask about the price (we paid $14 I believe).

When going back, if you can't find a taxi outside, go to the nearby hotel (can't remember the name) and take one there or ask them to call one. The area aound the arena wasn't very pleasent, at least compared to Danish standards, and although I could be wrong (my sincere apoloigies to locals if so), I wouldn't recomend walking around and "looking like a tourist".

Buy cheap tickets as it seems like you can just walk around everywhere you want in the arena. We had tickets for the top row, but could see everything just fine though, so that is not an issue anywhere I guess.

We bought tickets through Stubhub, but you'll have to have an American credit card to do so (address in America). We had to ask an american friend to buy for us. I was in contact with NIY before we bought though, and they offered to ship tickets to Denmark, which was really kind of them. If you ask, they'll might offer to help you also.

If you have any further questions, just send me a PM. You can write in Danish, just didn't want to be rude talking Danish in here :-)

Last edited by Robin Hood: 12-10-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

i have tickets in 122 row B for the habs vs Isles Dec. 26.... Is row B second row from the ice?

or is it like here in montreal where we have AA,BB,CC......FF before it turns into A,B,C....

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Cammalleri 96 View Post
i have tickets in 122 row B for the habs vs Isles Dec. 26.... Is row B second row from the ice?

or is it like here in montreal where we have AA,BB,CC......FF before it turns into A,B,C....
It is the second row from the ice. In the center ice sections they actually have row AA, but in the corners and behind the net, A is the first row.

Old
12-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Boyks

To Isles game from Philly

Hi all, great info in this sticky, but I have another question for any locals. I am looking to come in March with a Philly fan (yeah, I know). The plan is to travel to Philly, catch Flyers vs Pens on Thursday, then travel to Long Island on Saturday to catch Flyers at Isles, then retrun to Philly on Sunday and watch Boston at Philly. Fly/drive home on Monday.

Anyway, my question is it looks like we can take a train from Philly to Penn station and take the LIRR and cab to the coliseum as descrbed in this sticky, BUT could we (or want to) return to Philly tha same way after the game? If not we would just stay at the Marriot after the Isles game and head back to Philly Sunday.

Any replies appreciated. Thanks.

Bob

Last edited by Boyks: 12-14-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Boyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 06:41 AM
TimberwolvesHockey11

Hi guys! I'm from Austria (Europe ) and will be on vacation in New York from the 20th of febuary onwards. I would like to visit the Islander-Capitals game on the 26th of febuary and found some quiet nice and cheap tickets at stubhub.com.

Can i trust this site? is the print at home service also available in Europe?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by TimberwolvesHockey11: 01-11-2011 at 08:00 AM.
TimberwolvesHockey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:20 AM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgdusgfoadsgf View Post
Hi guys! I'm from Austria (Europe ) and will be on vacation in New York from the 20th of febuary onwards. I would like to visit the Islander-Capitals game on the 26th of febuary and found some quiet nice and cheap tickets at stubhub.com.

Can i trust this site? is the print at home service also available in Europe?

Thanks for your help!
Yeah, StubHub is a legitimate site. I'm not sure, but I would assume the print option should work no matter where you are.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyks View Post
Hi all, great info in this sticky, but I have another question for any locals. I am looking to come in March with a Philly fan (yeah, I know). The plan is to travel to Philly, catch Flyers vs Pens on Thursday, then travel to Long Island on Saturday to catch Flyers at Isles, then retrun to Philly on Sunday and watch Boston at Philly. Fly/drive home on Monday.

Anyway, my question is it looks like we can take a train from Philly to Penn station and take the LIRR and cab to the coliseum as descrbed in this sticky, BUT could we (or want to) return to Philly tha same way after the game? If not we would just stay at the Marriot after the Isles game and head back to Philly Sunday.

Any replies appreciated. Thanks.

Bob
Yeah, just go to the Mariott, and they have cabs lined up at the main entrance after every Islanders game. Depending on the train schedules, you will be back at Penn about an hour after the game, give or take 15 mins depending on wait for the train. Night games end 10pm at the latest (if OT and shootout) so dont book an Amtrak until 11:30, but you will have no trouble getting back there.

Old
01-12-2011, 05:15 PM
MillerTime2181

Does anyone know if the Coliseum sells jerseys that have name/numbers sewn on? Or how about the Islanders store at the Broadway Mall? Not looking for heat-pressed ones. Thanks in advance.

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:54 PM
twisting and turning

not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone know the name of the song they play when the players come out before the national anthem and starting lineup introductions?

twisting and turning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:36 PM
rileymac79

vCash: 778
Is there a bar/lounge that fans go to before they head over to the game?

rileymac79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileymac79 View Post
Is there a bar/lounge that fans go to before they head over to the game?
Anything else to do in the area?
from Killer Carlson: As far as what to see around there...there isn't a thing. If you get there early and have time to kill, there is a Marriott hotel adjacent to the Coliseum and there is a Champions sports bar/restaurant in the lobby. Before the game, there will certainly be hockey fans eating and drinking there. BTW, it is very walkable from the Coliseum.

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Cammalleri 96 View Post

Did you get stuck in the snow storm and have to sleep at the arena?

Dead is offline   Reply With Quote