HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Andy Murray on Injuries...

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2004, 05:04 AM
*midnitehockey

vCash: 500
Andy Murray on Injuries...

Just read in the LA Times Murray's update on Allison/Deader/Straka:

"Very doubtful" Allison or Deader will play this year, says Straka "if he does return" will be late March/early April, and Miller's currently "doubtful".

I had just finished reading somewhere else Straka would be back this year... sounds a bit iffy...

Pretty much what's expected, but pretty disappointing to hear, too...

Old
01-24-2004, 07:55 AM
punchy1

I hate hearing that Straka might not be back. I have written Ally and Deader both off as ever seeing them in a Kings uni again. The pain of knowing what might have been.

The good bit is that we will replace them next season (whenever). The bad news is that we will be lucky if we can find players close to their talent to do the job. I say that in two seasons, it wouldn't be a big impact on us as we are brimming with gifted kids waiting for a shot and they should be ready or close by then. Pitty it is happening now. I hope that Deader gets better and does play the game again though, he were great crack to watch. Allison, well, I am confounded by him. His on ice talent is top notch. All that I ever read about him off of the ice is how rotten he is. Of course, just because a bunch of us fans see he isn't social and all doesn't make it so. There can be plenty of reasons he don't want to chat with us and that doesn't make him a bad bloke. It is the regularity that those things are said that makes me wonder about him.

I don't know much that I believe in Karma because Deadmarsh is always spoken of in high regard and he is out but, if it is at play at all then Allison would be well served to learn where his paycheck really comes from.

Thanks for posting that bit. It isn't easy being the bearer of ill tidings mate.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:26 AM
No One

If the Kings are in the playoff hunt in March, then I would expect to see Straka back in the lineup. However, if the Kings are floundering around in 10th or 11th position in the conference, it would be wise of DT and AM to hold Straka out for the season.

As for Deadmarsh and Allison, maybe this will end all of the speculation about their return this season. I just assume they will be out for the rest of the season, and if Allison comes back this season it is a bonus.

Closed Thread