HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brule to the Cuse

Old
01-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
He has a hat trick with 14 minutes to play, Brassard with two assists.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
anteater90

Wow!!!!!

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jore View Post
I'm quite surprised Howson said publicly that Brule will be back after 8 games if he plays well. How good is good enough? If he stays down after the 8 games, what does the "Sorry, you didn't make it" do to his self confidence?

I doubt 8 games is enough to get his confidence back, and it won't change him a lot as a player either. It may be a push to right direction, but now that we're about to get healthy again I'd be happy to see Brule play 20 or so games at Syracuse. Rest of the season if it's needed. Call him up when he's ready to play 13+ minutes a night, not the 5 or 6 mins he's gotten lately.
I agree....why would a GM say something so absolute? I also wonder about Hitch saying when Methot next plays as a Jacket he will stay, then when Methot is called up he is scratched every night and sent back down.....

The story is not a story yet but I'm wondering how well ole Hitch is doing with his new stay the course rookie boss...... I'm not attempting to be a palm reader by making such parallels but I do know one thing....if there is smoke there is also fire.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
I'd love to know what type of goals they've been. Soft, hard-working, wrist, slap, distance, in-close, goals you'd see in the NHL that aren't soft, etc.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
That is amazing......keep him down!

Old
01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
I'd love to know what type of goals they've been. Soft, hard-working, wrist, slap, distance, in-close, goals you'd see in the NHL that aren't soft, etc.
Not since Denis got waived anyway

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Looks like he's playing with Konopka and Sesito, as his two even strength goals have been assisted by both players. I'm eagerly awaiting the impressions from tomorrow's game from our Crunch fans.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 08:12 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
I for one don't care how they went in. They could be the softest goals imaginable and I wouldnet care because at this point in time a goals a goal and having a hattrick no matter how its scored will do nothing but give him a huge confidence boost, which he desperatly needed.

Great job Brule, congrats on your first professional hattrick!

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I for one don't care how they went in. They could be the softest goals imaginable and I wouldnet care because at this point in time a goals a goal and having a hattrick no matter how its scored will do nothing but give him a huge confidence boost, which he desperatly needed.

Great job Brule, congrats on your first professional hattrick!
I care how they went in so I can know what to expect when he returns to the Jackets, and because it will give me yet another inkling into the type of player he actually is.

I certainly agree that the best part of his 3 goals is the confidence boost. The potential for such a boost is the reason why I wanted him sent down

Old
01-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Dorsett19

Send a message via AIM to Dorsett19
goals

The goals by brule were him driving to the net. He was working hard and almost had 4 goals. I had a chance to speak with him before the game and he said he knew what he had to do to make it to the next step. He looks like he is on his way to work hard and make a push to be better. Would love to have him here longer but i doubt he will be here longer than 10 games

Dorsett19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Dorsett19

Send a message via AIM to Dorsett19
im like basically new to this board, my new home now

Dorsett19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredBoll7 View Post
im like basically new to this board, my new home now
Welcome, and thank you

Old
01-04-2008, 08:59 PM
CBJSlash

BRRRRRuuuuu

Way to go baby. 3 goals is amazing. Keep it going Bru build that confidence.

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Casework

So THIS is why they say that kid's so good.

Congrats Bru. Hope to see you back up here soon.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Ok, here I go..... Brule is a stud in Vancouver, Brule is a stud in Canada, Brule is now a stud in New York but after watching him play for over 80 games in Columbus I'm yet to see this stud?

Gilbert, it's all in your head man....

Old
01-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Brassard Calder

First off congrats to Gilbert for his outstanding game tonight. I'm just hoping he can do something similar tomorrow since it will be a home game and I'll be there.

This is exactly what he needed though. Should help him build some confidence.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 11:04 PM
the_speedster

gilby the great!!

Man, the poor kid must be breathing a sigh of relief! (and so am I) Hope this is a stepping stone to more confidence in him. I keep wondering what it is he's doing that makes hitch not trust him with more ice time (whihch is the key to any players development). The three games I've watched this season it seemed like his linemates didn't know how to play with him and he'd be left waiting for a pass that'd never come. Good work and good luck gilby!!

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 11:22 PM
the_speedster

Leave him

I know this is probably a little quick considering Gilbert's only played 2 games, but I think he should be left "down" for the rest of the season. Gilbert brule has been on my radar since he was at quesnel and my friends and I were trying to come up with another phenom who could challenge crosby for the number one draft position.

As a 15yr old playing with 20yr olds he was an equal or better (as of print time, he's the only quesnel millionaire of his '03yr to make the WHL and NHL). At 16 he was a capable 2nd liner and at 17+ gilbert was the man. I no longer view him in the same league as crosby but the kid is far better than he's shown so far and I think the problem is ice time, responsibilty and confidence (ergo he is given little of each in CLB).

I remember how easily he shredded the "dub" when he was sent back there. HE needs to be that pissed off yet be given the responsibilty of being "the man" on a team. I don't presume to know even one tenth of what a brain like hitch does but the few CLB games I've caught showed me a young man who skated hard (both ways) for the few shifts he was given. His linemates however seemed not to ever pass him the puck. Maybe he needs to work on finding those "dead" areas that brett hull made a living at. Whatever it is I feel going back to columbus to log 3rd/4th liner minutes will all but kill his development.

In case you didn't catch on I'm saying that he should be left in syracuse sorry a bit long winded there

Old
01-04-2008, 11:23 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

good for Creme Brule... He played lights out in Junior against competition his own age and he's beginning to pick it up immediately in the minors.

I say keep him down there for the season, due to the depth that we suddenly seem to have at the forward position.

Let him find his game in the AHL and come to Columbus in september STARVING to compete for a spot and win a spot outright, with no questions about his readiness.

Good Luck in 'Cuse Gilbert, we can't wait to meet the new Gilbert, same as the old Gilbert in Columbus!

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 11:25 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

While I agree with your position and your passion whole-heartedly speedster, I think we need to move this post to the Gilbert sent to 'Cuse thread...

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2008, 12:53 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Ok, here I go..... Brule is a stud in Vancouver, Brule is a stud in Canada, Brule is now a stud in New York but after watching him play for over 80 games in Columbus I'm yet to see this stud?
So stop watching Jackets games. He's assured of being a top 6 guy then.

This is so awesome to hear. I'm uber happy for Bru. Keep it up, we need offense like that from you next year.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2008, 12:59 AM
KayZee13

True C-23. Thought the title "Leave Him" was going to be something else. Bru in the same category as Sid??? Someone had told me about this earlier today and I just couldn't make the connection. Sid does have an undeniable, innate quality that is a rarity, we have to give him that, even if he doesn't play for our team.

KayZee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
the_speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayZee13 View Post
True C-23. Thought the title "Leave Him" was going to be something else. Bru in the same category as Sid??? Someone had told me about this earlier today and I just couldn't make the connection. Sid does have an undeniable, innate quality that is a rarity, we have to give him that, even if he doesn't play for our team.
at 15 the gap wasn't that wide. They both had outstanding 15yr old seasons then jumped into the majors at 16. (here the gap btw sid and everyone else became obvious. Still I remember clearly that for a year it was all crosby, brule, and betram on HFBOARDS...

Old
01-05-2008, 09:47 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I`m glad Gilby scored hattrick bud we don`t forgive it was only one game. He have to play well in all games, rather, his achievments have to be self-possessed. And, certainly, he would not only get points (tru is that it`s basic) but he would play well in defense too.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2008, 04:15 PM
KayZee13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
FINALLY.

...so I guess he won't be a celebrity bar tender or whatever with Jared in about a week?
Matthew-
Check out this link to the Syracuse Crunch. Appears that Syracuse is also doing the "celebrity bar tender" thing. So I guess that he didn't miss out on that afterall.

http://www.syracusecrunch.com/News/Detail/1797

KayZee13 is offline   Reply With Quote