HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

The Official MMA Thread - Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2008, 01:13 AM
  #76
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shogun_ View Post
I wish the UFC would allow stomps and kicks to the head. I miss Pride!
UFC will never allow kicks or stomps to a grounded opponent, sorry to break it to you. I do think knees to a grounded opponent will one day be allowed though. Could you imagine a guy like Anderson Silva in UFC with both elbows and knees on the ground allowed? He'd be even more of a dangerous fighter in UFC than he already is.

And if you miss PRIDE so much just check out the Yarrenoka show. The show wasn't perfect but its a start. In 2008 the CEO of M-1 said there will be more shows in Japan so I guess we have that to look forward to.

As far as Evans vs Thiago Silva goes I would love to see that. I'd really like to see someone beat Evans ass.

QuickDynamite is offline  
Old
01-12-2008, 01:16 AM
  #77
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Am I the only one who thinks its complete BS Sherk is going to be getting an immediate title shot? First of all let's see if the guy can become a champion again without the roids. Secondly i'd like to see him work his way up the ladder before he gets a title shot like everyone else. There's about 10 fighters in the UFC LW division right now i'd rather see get a title shot than Sherk.

QuickDynamite is offline  
Old
01-12-2008, 02:01 AM
  #78
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post
Am I the only one who thinks its complete BS Sherk is going to be getting an immediate title shot? First of all let's see if the guy can become a champion again without the roids. Secondly i'd like to see him work his way up the ladder before he gets a title shot like everyone else. There's about 10 fighters in the UFC LW division right now i'd rather see get a title shot than Sherk.
yeah I read something about that and it is BS.

it's not like he lost his title do to injury, it was because he cheated. I know this isn't going to sound right but I really can't stand the guy. let's just hope that he loses his first fight or title shot and gets out of the way for some of these other fighters.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
01-12-2008, 02:07 AM
  #79
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69 View Post
yeah I read something about that and it is BS.

it's not like he lost his title do to injury, it was because he cheated. I know this isn't going to sound right but I really can't stand the guy. let's just hope that he loses his first fight or title shot and gets out of the way for some of these other fighters.
And Sherk wasn't exactly a fighting champion either. He was the champion for about a year and only defended it once. I don't see why he should get an immediate title shot when he would rarely defend his title. If he becomes the champion again there's going to be another long layoff in the division when it comes to title defenses.

QuickDynamite is offline  
Old
01-12-2008, 03:53 AM
  #80
sandman441
Registered User
 
sandman441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ALASKA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,905
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
There is two MMA bouts on shotime here kind of soon I will have some of the bouts up on youtube. Atleast the main events.

sandman441 is offline  
Old
01-12-2008, 05:54 AM
  #81
Burnaby_Joe*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post

And if you miss PRIDE so much just check out the Yarrenoka show.
I did!

Burnaby_Joe* is offline  
Old
01-12-2008, 03:11 PM
  #82
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman441 View Post
There is two MMA bouts on shotime here kind of soon I will have some of the bouts up on youtube. Atleast the main events.
Yeah there's the Elite XC event which is looking to be a very solid event thus far. I believe Elite also owns Cage Rage so technically we'll be seeing 3 events in the next few months, but only two of them on Showtime.

Show XC 1/25
Paul Daley vs. Sam Morgan
Eddie Alvarez vs. Ross Ebanez
Julie Kedzie vs. Tonya Evinger
Bobby McMaster vs. Bao Quach
Kala Kolohe Hose vs. Fred Belleton

Elite XC 2/16
Tank Abbott vs. Kimbo Slice
Shane Carwin vs. Antonio Silva
Gina Carano vs. TBA
Edson Berto vs. Yves Edwards
Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett vs. TBA
Kyle Noke vs. Scott Smith
Brett Rodgers vs. James Thompson

Cage Rage 3/28
Jean Silva vs. Masakazu Imanari
Gary Turner vs. Mustapha Al Turk
Ivan Serati vs. Roman Webber
Paul Daley vs. Drew Fickett
Rob Broughton vs. Neil Grove
Danny Batten vs. Leigh Remedios
Che Mills vs. Michael Johnson
John Hathaway vs. Marvin Arnold
Jack Bostwick vs. John Phillips
Tom Watson vs. TBA
Aisling Daley vs. TBA
Ken Shamrock vs. TBA

QuickDynamite is offline  
Old
01-14-2008, 01:59 PM
  #83
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post
Yeah there's the Elite XC event which is looking to be a very solid event thus far. I believe Elite also owns Cage Rage so technically we'll be seeing 3 events in the next few months, but only two of them on Showtime.

Elite XC 2/16
Tank Abbott vs. Kimbo Slice
Shane Carwin vs. Antonio Silva
Gina Carano vs. TBA
Edson Berto vs. Yves Edwards
Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett vs. TBA
Kyle Noke vs. Scott Smith
Brett Rodgers vs. James Thompson
I wouldn't say that Elite XC event looks very solid. I'd say it is very weak. If UFC ever had an event with that weak of talent they would be laughed at and ridiculed for it but for any other MMA org. it's be solid card. For example, most people complained that UFC78 was a weak card even before the event took place but there was a lot more talent on that card then this one. I know UFC78 did turn out to be pretty boring but the talent was there, although maybe less then usual, but the matches just didn't turn out to be that exciting and that happens from time to time.

DaaaaB's is offline  
Old
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
  #84
MrMastodonFarm*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
I wouldn't say that Elite XC event looks very solid. I'd say it is very weak. If UFC ever had an event with that weak of talent they would be laughed at and ridiculed for it but for any other MMA org. it's be solid card. For example, most people complained that UFC78 was a weak card even before the event took place but there was a lot more talent on that card then this one. I know UFC78 did turn out to be pretty boring but the talent was there, although maybe less then usual, but the matches just didn't turn out to be that exciting and that happens from time to time.
Thank you for your sanity.

It's a good card, for EliteXC, but it probably isn't as good as any card the UFC put on in the last 12+ months or so.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline  
Old
01-14-2008, 02:22 PM
  #85
Boston Bruno
Registered User
 
Boston Bruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post
Yeah there's the Elite XC event which is looking to be a very solid event thus far. I believe Elite also owns Cage Rage so technically we'll be seeing 3 events in the next few months, but only two of them on Showtime.

Show XC 1/25
Paul Daley vs. Sam Morgan
Eddie Alvarez vs. Ross Ebanez
Julie Kedzie vs. Tonya Evinger
Bobby McMaster vs. Bao Quach
Kala Kolohe Hose vs. Fred Belleton

Elite XC 2/16
Tank Abbott vs. Kimbo Slice
Shane Carwin vs. Antonio Silva
Gina Carano vs. TBA
Edson Berto vs. Yves Edwards
Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett vs. TBA
Kyle Noke vs. Scott Smith
Brett Rodgers vs. James Thompson

Cage Rage 3/28
Jean Silva vs. Masakazu Imanari
Gary Turner vs. Mustapha Al Turk
Ivan Serati vs. Roman Webber
Paul Daley vs. Drew Fickett
Rob Broughton vs. Neil Grove
Danny Batten vs. Leigh Remedios
Che Mills vs. Michael Johnson
John Hathaway vs. Marvin Arnold
Jack Bostwick vs. John Phillips
Tom Watson vs. TBA
Aisling Daley vs. TBA
Ken Shamrock vs. TBA

Nix Gina from the card..

Boston Bruno is offline  
Old
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
  #86
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
I wouldn't say that Elite XC event looks very solid. I'd say it is very weak. If UFC ever had an event with that weak of talent they would be laughed at and ridiculed for it but for any other MMA org. it's be solid card. For example, most people complained that UFC78 was a weak card even before the event took place but there was a lot more talent on that card then this one. I know UFC78 did turn out to be pretty boring but the talent was there, although maybe less then usual, but the matches just didn't turn out to be that exciting and that happens from time to time.
Antonio Silva, Yves Edwards, Scott Smith and James Thompson are all fighters I enjoy watching. Their opponents could be better but I still want to see it. To be honest I think the next Elite XC card is better than what i've seen at UFC 72. But for the most part you are right it doesn't stack up to an average UFC event but I wasn't comparing it to a UFC event now was I? I'll be watching that's for sure.

Can these UFC apologists give it a rest already? Seriously I don't care what the organization is nor was I trying to compare Elite with UFC.

QuickDynamite is offline  
Old
01-14-2008, 05:00 PM
  #87
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post
Antonio Silva, Yves Edwards, Scott Smith and James Thompson are all fighters I enjoy watching. Their opponents could be better but I still want to see it. To be honest I think the next Elite XC card is better than what i've seen at UFC 72. But for the most part you are right it doesn't stack up to an average UFC event but I wasn't comparing it to a UFC event now was I? I'll be watching that's for sure.

Can these UFC apologists give it a rest already? Seriously I don't care what the organization is nor was I trying to compare Elite with UFC.
I never said you compared the two. My point was that some fans call events like this Elite XC one solid but then bash UFC events as looking weak when there is more talent on them. Some people just love to bash UFC.

BTW, I'm not saying the card with more talent will always be the more exciting one. That's why I try to watch as many different events as possible and I'm never very critical of the cards leading up to them because anyone of them can turn out to be great. Some of my favorite UFC events have been the UFN's that are supposed to have lesser names on them.

DaaaaB's is offline  
Old
01-14-2008, 05:23 PM
  #88
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
I never said you compared the two. My point was that some fans call events like this Elite XC one solid but then bash UFC events as looking weak when there is more talent on them. Some people just love to bash UFC.

BTW, I'm not saying the card with more talent will always be the more exciting one. That's why I try to watch as many different events as possible and I'm never very critical of the cards leading up to them because anyone of them can turn out to be great. Some of my favorite UFC events have been the UFN's that are supposed to have lesser names on them.
Well you can expect that because UFC is by far the most successful MMA org in the world. Most MMA organizations are losing money, while UFC is making a huge profit. So you can expect people to hold them on a higher standard.

I'm not speaking specifically to you DaaaaB's when I say this. But if some people truly consider themselves a fan of this sport they would realize its not all about UFC. Think outside the box a bit, there are plenty of great fights to watch out there what's the difference what organization is holding it? To me it makes no difference at all as long as there are good and exciting fights to watch.

QuickDynamite is offline  
Old
01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
  #89
LiquidClown
Registered User
 
LiquidClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Huntsville, Al
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,640
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post
Think outside the box a bit, there are plenty of great fights to watch out there what's the difference what organization is holding it? To me it makes no difference at all as long as there are good and exciting fights to watch.
Agree in full chapel, The Yerranoka show was very entertaining and the K-1 show wasn't half bad either (save the Bob Sapp Bobby Olugun fight). Elite XC usually does a pretty good job at putting on their shows as well. I'm definitely psyched to see the Cung Le vs Frank Shamrock fight.....

LiquidClown is offline  
Old
01-16-2008, 03:20 PM
  #90
LiquidClown
Registered User
 
LiquidClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Huntsville, Al
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,640
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Didn't see this posted, but this is HUGE

The UFC is suing Randy Couture.....man this looks like it's going to get way ugly before the end. While the monetary value isn't that much (10k) this could end up setting a precedence.

The UFC made a smart move in saying the fight between Nog and Sylvia is for the INTERIM belt, and that Randy is still THEIR HW champion.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/13794082.html

LiquidClown is offline  
Old
01-17-2008, 11:38 AM
  #91
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,697
vCash: 500
I caught some of the UFC 75 replay on Spike last night.

The Bisping/Hamill decision was a joke IMO. There is no way Bisping won that fight... IMO Hamill won all 3 rounds. I think the fix was in for the home-town boy

Henderson/Jackson was a great fight... really close. I think Jackson won 3/5 rounds and the difference was the size and strength. Henderson looks like a more natural 185 fighter and I think he'll give Silva a run for his money in March.

MM425 is offline  
Old
01-17-2008, 11:55 AM
  #92
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
The Bisping/Hamill decision was a joke IMO. There is no way Bisping won that fight... IMO Hamill won all 3 rounds. I think the fix was in for the home-town boy
I'm a Bisping fan, but I definitely thought Hamill took it, but the fact remains that the judge who gave it to Hamill was the only one of the three from England. So the hometown favoritism argument really doesn't fit.

Ensane is offline  
Old
01-18-2008, 12:45 PM
  #93
Captain_Cunney
Registered User
 
Captain_Cunney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bowling Alley
Country: England
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 500
Any predictions for Sat night?

I'll go with:

Penn vs. Stevenson
Gonzaga vs. Werdum
Gouveia vs. Lambert (tough call)
Davis vs. Liaudin
Grove vs. Rivera
Eklund vs. Stout
Sakara vs. Lee
Kelly vs. Taylor
Robinson vs. Hardonk


Also, let's refrain from Spoilers on Sat for those who are going to watch the PPV at 10, thanks.

Captain_Cunney is offline  
Old
01-18-2008, 12:51 PM
  #94
Vyse64
N64
 
Vyse64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,790
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
my predictions
Penn vs. Stevenson
Gonzaga vs. Werdum
Gouveia vs. Lambert
Davis vs. Liaudin
Grove vs. Rivera
Eklund vs. Stout
Sakara vs. Lee
Kelly vs. Taylor
Robinson vs. Hardonk


Last edited by Vyse64: 01-19-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Vyse64 is offline  
Old
01-18-2008, 03:45 PM
  #95
Boston Bruno
Registered User
 
Boston Bruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,038
vCash: 500
Penn vs. Stevenson
Gonzaga vs. Werdum
Gouveia vs. Lambert
Davis vs. Liaudin
Grove vs. Rivera
Eklund vs. Stout
Sakara vs. Lee
Kelly vs. Taylor
Robinson vs. Hardonk


I like Joe Daddy and gonzo.. tough calls as some of the guys I dont recognize.

For some reason I think Sakara is going to come out with a nice KO..

The rest I tossed a coin.

Boston Bruno is offline  
Old
01-18-2008, 03:56 PM
  #96
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Penn vs. Stevenson
Gonzaga vs. Werdum
Gouveia vs. Lambert
Davis vs. Liaudin
Grove vs. Rivera
Eklund vs. Stout
Sakara vs. Lee
Kelly vs. Taylor
Robinson vs. Hardonk

DaaaaB's is offline  
Old
01-18-2008, 04:16 PM
  #97
LiquidClown
Registered User
 
LiquidClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Huntsville, Al
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,640
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Hahaha man I'd love to hang out with Rampage and Mayhem Miller....watch the whole thing...The Chuck impression at the end is hilarious


LiquidClown is offline  
Old
01-18-2008, 05:10 PM
  #98
MrMastodonFarm*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,182
vCash: 500
MMAweekly.com is now reporting that Evan Tanner vs Yushin Okami has been added to UFC 84 in Montreal.

St. Pierre vs Serra
Parysian vs Alves
Tanner vs Okami
McDonad vs Doerkson
Shogun Rua vs tba

wow.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline  
Old
01-19-2008, 01:14 PM
  #99
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
I guess i'll quickly give my predictions:

Penn vs. Stevenson
Gonzaga vs. Werdum
Gouveia vs. Lambert
Davis vs. Liaudin
Grove vs. Rivera
Eklund vs. Stout
Sakara vs. Lee
Kelly vs. Taylor
Robinson vs. Hardonk

The Stevenson/Penn and Grove/Rivera were the most difficult fights for me to predict. I'm mostly waiting for someone to upload these fights online. I don't really feel like this card is worth my $40+

QuickDynamite is offline  
Old
01-19-2008, 02:06 PM
  #100
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Drinking Ale
Posts: 11,331
vCash: 500
UFC 80 is now on LIVE !!!!!

I have 5 buddies with me here and we decided to buy the PPV.Hopefully it will be a good event.

Bronn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.