HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who to move?

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2004, 01:43 PM
st_roland

vCash: 500
Who to move?

As I type this, the atmosphere in the trade forum has reached a fevered pitch. I held out hope pretty long for the playoffs, but this season is done. I say we get try to get good prospects and picks for some of our players, and hope we win the Ovechkin sweepstakes. That being said, heres who I want to trade and what I hope to get.

I'd be interested to see your thoughts on the matter as well.

Bondra-Seems like he is going to the sens. What i'm hoping for is Vermette and Pothier. What I think we'll get in Pothier and a 2nd rounder.

Kolzig-Wow, this one is hard to call. He could be the object of a bidding war, or there could be almost no interest. Hard to say. What i'm hoping for is a top prospect and a veteran goalie who can mentor Ouellet or Stana. To me, Philly seems the most likely candidate for a number of reasons. What I hope we would get is Hackett and Richards. What I think we'll get is Hackett and Vandermeer or Seidenberg. The deal won't be done until they're healthy.

Jagr-God, just him leaving would be great for the future. Its unfortunate he has that huge long horrible contract, cause hes actually been playing pretty well lately. If he was locked in at 6 or 7 million, we could probably get a hell of a return for him. But he isn't, so I'm hoping for Lundmark, Carter and Purinton, but we'll most likely get Carter and Purinton.

In any case, the next couple of days are likely to be exciting!

Old
01-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
As I type this, the atmosphere in the trade forum has reached a fevered pitch. I held out hope pretty long for the playoffs, but this season is done. I say we get try to get good prospects and picks for some of our players, and hope we win the Ovechkin sweepstakes. That being said, heres who I want to trade and what I hope to get.

I'd be interested to see your thoughts on the matter as well.

Bondra-Seems like he is going to the sens. What i'm hoping for is Vermette and Pothier. What I think we'll get in Pothier and a 2nd rounder.

Kolzig-Wow, this one is hard to call. He could be the object of a bidding war, or there could be almost no interest. Hard to say. What i'm hoping for is a top prospect and a veteran goalie who can mentor Ouellet or Stana. To me, Philly seems the most likely candidate for a number of reasons. What I hope we would get is Hackett and Richards. What I think we'll get is Hackett and Vandermeer or Seidenberg. The deal won't be done until they're healthy.

Jagr-God, just him leaving would be great for the future. Its unfortunate he has that huge long horrible contract, cause hes actually been playing pretty well lately. If he was locked in at 6 or 7 million, we could probably get a hell of a return for him. But he isn't, so I'm hoping for Lundmark, Carter and Purinton, but we'll most likely get Carter and Purinton.

In any case, the next couple of days are likely to be exciting!
I'm really curious to see how much contract Washington picks up with Jagr. If they shed the whole contract, ANY return will be a good thing. If they eat as much as $5M of it, I don't understand why teams aren't lining up for a $6M Jagr. Probably the only truth is that we don't know what is going to transpire.

Closed Thread