HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Untouchable, Valuable, Replaceable, Trash

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2008, 07:20 PM
  #1
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Untouchable, Valuable, Replaceable, Trash

Untouchable : Do not move under any circumstances
Valuable : Has tremendous value to the team, but is not untouchable
Replaceable : A player who you feel could be replaced with a similar player without much loss in production
Trash : Please get rid of this player or send them to the minors

My opinion :

Untouchables : Lundqvist, Avery, Dubinsky and Staal

Valuable : Gomez, Drury, Shanny, Straka, Jagr, Rozsival, Tyutin, Girardi, Vally

Replaceable : Hossa, Betts, Mara, Prucha, Dawes, Callahan

Trash : Malik, Orr, Strudwick and Hollweg

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
  #2
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Untouchables : Lundqvist, Avery, Staal, Chere

Valuable : Gomez, Drury, Straka, Jagr, Rozsival, Tyutin, Girardi, Dubi, Pruchs, Shanny, Bourret, Ani, Moore, Dawes, Sauer, Sangs, Monty

Replaceable : Hossa, Betts, Mara, Hollweg, Callahan [ hate to say it ], Vally, Korps

Trash : Malik, Orr, Strudwick, Jessiman

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
  #3
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Untouchable : Do not move under any circumstances
Valuable : Has tremendous value to the team, but is not untouchable
Replaceable : A player who you feel could be replaced with a similar player without much loss in production
Trash : Please get rid of this player or send them to the minors

My opinion :

Untouchables : Lundqvist, Avery, Dubinsky and Staal

Valuable : Gomez, Drury, Shanny, Straka, Jagr, Rozsival, Tyutin, Girardi, Vally

Replaceable : Hossa, Betts, Mara, Prucha, Dawes, Callahan

Trash : Malik, Orr, Strudwick and Hollweg
Henrik and Staal are the only untouchables (unless we're getting Ovechkin or Sid of course) IMO. Avery should be "valuable," Dubinsky say valuable too but I would consider moving him for the right return. Valiq has done his job and then some, but I would still list him as "replaceable." I'd put Orr under replaceable too.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
  #4
nyr7andcounting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 500
Untouchable: Lundqvist, Avery, Staal

Valuable : Gomez, Drury, Shanny, Straka, Jagr, Rozsival, Tyutin, Girardi, Betts

Replaceable : Hossa, Dubinsky, Prucha, Dawes, Callahan, Vally

****ing Trash: Malik, Mara, Orr, Strudwick, Hollweg

That's what I think right now as far as their role on the current team. I don't know why you'd say Dubinsky is untouchable. He hasn't contributed that much so far to say he's one of 4 guys we keep no matter what.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
  #5
HenrikO'doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Yeah lets get rid of Orr, Hollweg and Strudwick and wed be the softest team in the league.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:29 PM
  #6
devsfan4life
Registered User
 
devsfan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,462
vCash: 500
I love how you have Callahan in the "Replaceable" group, and your sig is "Ryan Callahan our future captain"

On another note I would move Gomez into the Untouchable group
and Dubinsky into the Valuable group

devsfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:29 PM
  #7
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Well, I'm not quite comfortable in rating players as untouchables, because I think any player is expendable, but regardless....

Untouchable(s): Lundqvist, Staal, Avery

Valuables(s): Tyutin, Girardi, Gomez, Drury, Straka, Jagr, Rozsival, Shanahan, Betts

Replaceable(s): Hossa, Mara, Prucha, Callahan, Dubinsky, Dawes, Strudwick, Hollweg, Orr, Malik

I don't think anyone on this team is trash. Everyone serves their purpose that suits up for this team, some not as good, or as consistent as others, and those are the ones that can be replaced almost easily, but aren't trash.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:31 PM
  #8
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting View Post
Untouchable: Lundqvist, Avery, Staal

Valuable : Gomez, Drury, Shanny, Straka, Jagr, Rozsival, Tyutin, Girardi, Betts

Replaceable : Hossa, Dubinsky, Prucha, Dawes, Callahan, Vally

****ing Trash: Malik, Mara, Orr, Strudwick, Hollweg

That's what I think right now as far as their role on the current team. I don't know why you'd say Dubinsky is untouchable. He hasn't contributed that much so far to say he's one of 4 guys we keep no matter what.
Agreed about Dubinsky but I wouldn't put Orr in the "trash" category. He's been pretty effective in the enforcer role.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:33 PM
  #9
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan4life View Post
I love how you have Callahan in the "Replaceable" group, and your sig is "Ryan Callahan our future captain"

On another note I would move Gomez into the Untouchable group
and Dubinsky into the Valuable group
Ryan Callahan may have just been going with the flow of a high flying Rangers second half that saw the team go from out of the picture to playoff stature.

Because, lately, we've seen Ryan Callahan do most things except for score, which would mean he's quite replaceable.

On a side note...I forgot Vally, and would put him in my Replaceable(s) group....

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:38 PM
  #10
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,026
vCash: 500
Untouchable : Lundqvist, Staal, Sanguinetti, Avery
Valuable : Jagr, Shanny, Straka, Drury, Gomez, Cherepanov, Anisimov, Betts, Rozsival, Tyutin, Girardi, Dubinsky, Prucha
Replaceable : Dawes, Callahan, Orr, Hossa, Vally, Renney, Hollweg(borderline), Mara
Trash : Malik, Strudwick

All unlisted, yet well known/good prospects are between valuable and replaceable.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
  #11
devsfan4life
Registered User
 
devsfan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Ryan Callahan may have just been going with the flow of a high flying Rangers second half that saw the team go from out of the picture to playoff stature.

Because, lately, we've seen Ryan Callahan do most things except for score, which would mean he's quite replaceable.

On a side note...I forgot Vally, and would put him in my Replaceable(s) group....

He had 6 points in 14 games in 06-07 and he has 1 point in 22 games this season... What are the other things that he's doing except for scoring?

devsfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:52 PM
  #12
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Untouchable : Lundqvist, Staal, Sanguinetti, Avery
Valuable : Jagr, Shanny, Straka, Drury, Gomez, Cherepanov, Anisimov, Betts, Rozsival, Tyutin, Girardi, Dubinsky, Prucha
Replaceable : Dawes, Callahan, Orr, Hossa, Vally, Renney, Hollweg(borderline), Mara
Trash : Malik, Strudwick

All unlisted, yet well known/good prospects are between valuable and replaceable.
Byers can replace Hollweg while adding more offense and adds size.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:57 PM
  #13
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan4life View Post
He had 6 points in 14 games in 06-07 and he has 1 point in 22 games this season... What are the other things that he's doing except for scoring?
Good forechecker, good hitter, good on the PK time he gets, well defensive minded, good team player, comes damn close just about every game but doesn't finish.

Callahan posted 3 points in the playoffs, and in his first 14 games in the NHL he posted a +5 rating and 4-2-6, that's pretty good for a 4th round non-hyped rookie. Since then though, he hasn't been producing offensively, which he will need to do to remain part of the team.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:00 PM
  #14
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Byers can replace Hollweg while adding more offense and adds size.
Adds size, certainly, can't take away that from the guy, however...


You can't say that he'll add more offense or be as much of a physical player as Ryan Hollweg is right off the bat, players need to adjust to the NHL, we don't know if Byers will be able to, and need to see if they can even withstand the NHL. I doubt Byers gets a shot this year or even next year.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:02 PM
  #15
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Adds size, certainly, can't take away that from the guy, however...


You can't say that he'll add more offense or be as much of a physical player as Ryan Hollweg is right off the bat, players need to adjust to the NHL, we don't know if Byers will be able to, and need to see if they can even withstand the NHL. I doubt Byers gets a shot this year or even next year.
well he scored more in the AHL than Hollweg did but dont mean much. Im sure he will be a better player down the line.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:16 PM
  #16
2Leetch_94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Untouchable: Lundqvist....Staal...Avery[B]
Valuable: Jagr, Gomez, Drury, Straka, Dubinsky, Rozsival, Shanahan, Tyutin, Girardi; Dubinsky's potential has him up here but I suppose you could argue we have Anisimov that could replace his production. I just love Dubinsky's willingness to stand up for himself and teammates.
Replaceable: Callahan, Dawes, Orr, Strudwick, Mara, Valiquette, Prucha, Betts; I was close to putting Girardi here
Trash: Malik, Hossa, and Hollweg; if people want to defend Malik...fine, move him to 'Replaceable" if that makes you feel any better but I wouldn't be heart broken if he was simply assigned to Hartford.

Though, should be an unmoveable section, such as it'll be extremely hard to trade Gomez or Drury regardless of value to the team with their contracts.


Last edited by 2Leetch_94: 01-01-2008 at 08:30 PM.
2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
  #17
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
Yeah lets get rid of Orr, Hollweg and Strudwick and wed be the softest team in the league.
We already are one of the softest teams in the league because Hollweg is one of our "tough" guys.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
  #18
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
Untouchable: Lundqvist....Staal...Avery[B]
Valuable: Jagr, Gomez, Drury, Straka, Dubinsky, Rozsival, Shanahan, Tyutin, Girardi; Dubinsky's potential has him up here but I suppose you could argue we have Anisimov that could replace his production. I just love Dubinsky's willingness to stand up for himself and teammates.
Replaceable: Callahan, Dawes, Orr, Strudwick, Mara, Valiquette, Prucha, Betts; I was close to putting Girardi here
Trash: Malik, Hossa, and Hollweg; if people want to defend Malik...fine, move him to 'Replaceable" if that makes you feel any better but I wouldn't be heart broken if he was simply assigned to Hartford.

Though, should be an unmoveable section, such as it'll be extremely hard to trade Gomez or Drury regardless of value to the team with their contracts.
If Malik goes to hartford ill be i would not want any of our young dman taking defensive tips from him.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:59 PM
  #19
MidnightRanger
Registered User
 
MidnightRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Untouchable: Lundqvist, Staal, Avery, Cherepanov, Sanguinetti
Valuable: Jagr, Gomez, Drury, Straka, Dubinsky, Shanahan, Tyutin, Girardi, Sauer, Anisimov, Pyatt, Bourret, Dupont, Montoya (as in trade chip) Callahan *, Dawes *, Prucha *, Betts**
Replaceable: Rozsival, Baranka, Pock, Orr, Strudwick, Mara, Valiquette,
Trash: Malik, Hossa, and Hollweg

I mentioned the untouchables because unless some stupid team trades their best players like Crosby or Ovechkin I would not move them. And since that is NEVER going to happen unless we get lucky with some GM's braincramp then they remain untouchable for anything else.


* Players with an asterisk are young victims of the entire team offensive slump. People are so easy to give up on young players while idolizing trash like Malik and Hollweg that it is extremely ridiculous. I mean Callahan is exactly the type of player you win with, fast, penalty killer, hungry, hustler, energy. They don't all have to score 30 goals to be valuable. This team lacks workers as is and you want to trade one of the few that we have plus I am positive his injury and being out for a while at this stage in his young carreer definately affected him. He plays on the third line with the bit overrated Brandon Dubinsky, who is on the same boat as Callahan at this point and you expect Ryan to score alot off the bat? Prucha and Dawes are finishers that need playmakers to score. They are not busts like most people think. The Rangers inept offensive system is not suitable for their style of play. Until the Rangers start playing offense again these players are useless. However, they are valuable trading chips.

** Blair Betts is a tremendous shutdown defensive player with virtually no offensive upside, that being said he is our best shutdown guy and penalty killer. I would move him to left wing on the fourth line and get a more offensive center on that line because I feel as center he neutralizes the other wingers, but as a lw we can still have him to shut down other people and be one of the lunchpale guys that do all the dirty work to win but never get any glory.

On the other hand, Michal Roszival remains the most overrated Ranger of ALL TIME and is extremely replaceable. I mean with the amount of opportunities he gets to score goals where he doesn't actually shoot the puck... I mean I've never seen a defenseman get fed so many pucks to simply wip from the point and he just passes to the player with the least chance to score. A complete choker whose uniform is too much for him.


Last edited by MidnightRanger: 01-01-2008 at 09:06 PM.
MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 09:13 PM
  #20
2Leetch_94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Just because Malik is sent down to Hartford doesn't mean our prospects down there will turn into trash because Marek told them that making soft passes across your defensive zone is an excellent way to surpise your opponent (surprise being in getting the puck onto their stick blades with a great scoring chance)....besides I'm sure Malik would have good tips to share, like where to get good food in Manhattan.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 09:16 PM
  #21
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,247
vCash: 873
.

Here are my choices

Untouchables : Lundqvist, Staal

Valuable : Gomez, Drury, Avery, Jagr, Rozsival, Tyutin, Girardi, Shanny, Straka,

Replaceable : Betts, Mara, Prucha, Dawes, Callahan, Orr, Strudwick, Hollweg, Vally, Dubinsky, Renney

Trash : Malik, Hossa,

Thought I'd add in the Coach for good measure.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 09:20 PM
  #22
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Here are my choices

Untouchables : Lundqvist, Staal

Valuable : Gomez, Drury, Avery, Jagr, Rozsival, Tyutin, Girardi, Shanny, Straka,

Replaceable : Betts, Mara, Prucha, Dawes, Callahan, Orr, Strudwick, Hollweg, Vally, Dubinsky, Renney

Trash : Malik, Hossa,

Thought I'd add in the Coach for good measure.
Where is Sather aint he replaceable??

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 09:24 PM
  #23
2Leetch_94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Tough to not have Avery as an untouchable...the way this team plays without him says it all. I agree, it IS pathetic but at this point this team is lost without the spark Avery provides on the ice by just being out there.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 09:30 PM
  #24
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
Tough to not have Avery as an untouchable...the way this team plays without him says it all. I agree, it IS pathetic but at this point this team is lost without the spark Avery provides on the ice by just being out there.
i totally agree, we need another player like him. When he is out of the lineup its like the heart of the team is gone.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 09:35 PM
  #25
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Untouchable(s): Lundqvist, John Amirante, Perry Pearn

Valuables(s): Staal, Avery, Tyutin, Girardi, Gomez, Drury, Straka, Jagr, Rozsival, Shanahan, Betts, Prucha, Callahan, Dubinsky, Orr

Replaceable(s): Hossa, Mara, Strudwick, Hollweg, Malik, Vally, John Amirantes Wig

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.