HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: CGY/PHO/MINN/MTL/TB

Old
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
*OvechKiN*

vCash: 500
Proposal: CGY/PHO/MINN/MTL/TB

To CGY:
Shane Doan

To PHO:
Benoit Pouliot
Lelande Irving
Tampa 2nd '09

To MINN:
Kris Chucko
Michael Ryder (re-signed)
Dan Ryder

To MTL:
Nick Boynton
Holmquist
Luca Cunti

To TB:
Huet (re-signed)
Warrener

Ok, no clue if this even works, but as usual, bored out of my mind.
What kind of tweaks are required to make this work from all the teams perspective?
Lets hear the criticism!

Last edited by *OvechKiN*: 01-01-2008 at 09:51 PM.
*OvechKiN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:43 PM
*OvechKiN*

Assuming Ryder and Huet resign with the respective teams they were traded to.

Old
01-01-2008, 07:48 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvechKiN* View Post
To CGY:
Shane Doan

To PHO:
Benoit Pouliot
Lelande Irving
Tampa 1st '08

To MINN:
Kris Chucko
Dan Ryder

To MTL:
Nick Boynton
Holmquist
Tampa 2nd '08
CGY 3rd '09

To TB:
Huet (re-signed)
Warrener

What kind of tweaks are required to make this work from all the teams perspective?
Lets hear the criticism!
the only small problem with this that I have is that the Yotes have Bryzgalov now and if/when he signs, the Coyotes wont need az young goalie prospect like Irving for awhile...

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
I don't think the Lightning would give up a top 5 pick as well as a 2nd round pick which they do not have for Huet and Warrener when Ramo has done well enough to deserve a shot at the full time job.

01-01-2008, 08:04 PM
*OvechKiN*

Top 5 pick?
Damn, I didnt think they were doing so bad this season.
Anyhow, if thats the case, il edit the trade a bit.

Also, although Phoenix has Bryzgalov, I still think every team needs a really good young goalie in their system. Bryzgalov is good, but it isnt Luongo or Brodeur.
It would be nice to have that flexibility.
CGY has Kipper for another 7 yrs. and they have Keetley, McElhinney in the system.
What would u suggest if we were to replace Irving?

Old
01-01-2008, 08:23 PM
captain AARON MAIDEN*

Dan "liked to party more then play hockey" Ryder???
He walked out on the Flames AHL affiliate in Quad City. has been suspended.

captain AARON MAIDEN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
This is perilously close to being a ridiculous trade proposal; your, "I'm bored out of my mind" remark doesn't help its credibility.

If this veers off course, it'll be locked quickly.

01-01-2008, 08:32 PM
*OvechKiN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain AARON MAIDEN View Post
Dan "liked to party more then play hockey" Ryder???
He walked out on the Flames AHL affiliate in Quad City. has been suspended.
Yes, he has been suspended, but not for partying, its more of him not knowing if he wanted to play hockey for the rest of his life. I believe he wanted to spend more time with his family and friends.
Hence, being on the same team as his older brother should give him the will to get back at it.
If he wasnt suspended, the Flames wouldn't throw him in a deal like this, since his skill level is equal to that of Dustin Boyd's and he is probably an even smarter player.
At training camp and the games that he has played for QC, he has been heads and shoulders above the rest supposedly.

Minnesota gives up Pouliot, which has the most potential of the prospects obviously, but he hasn't done much in his time and a change of scenario may be what is needed to get him going. He has skill, but he is more hype than anything since he was drafted 4th overall. Not saying he wont pan out, since he has the size and skill to be very good, he just hasn't shown any progress lately.

Old
01-01-2008, 08:34 PM
*OvechKiN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
This is perilously close to being a ridiculous trade proposal; your, "I'm bored out of my mind" remark doesn't help its credibility.

Other than the fact that 5-way proposals never happen, how is this 'periously ridiculous'?
Which team gets shafted so much that merits the 'periously ridiculous' label?
Which team wins it all by a mile that it merits the said label?
Or is it just ridiculous because your a Mod and you don't like it?

Old
01-01-2008, 08:46 PM
John Belushi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Other than the fact that 5-way proposals never happen, how is this 'periously ridiculous'?
Which team gets shafted so much that merits the 'periously ridiculous' label?
Which team wins it all by a mile that it merits the said label?
Or is it just ridiculous because your a Mod and you don't like it?
Way to put the nail in the coffin (your thread), sir.

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:52 PM
*OvechKiN*

Well, I dont mind if someone says this trade is super stupid if they gave a good reason.
You can't just come by and say this is ridiculous without commenting on why it is.
Because it's not obviously why this is a ridiculous proposal.
Its not like i'm trading Vincent Lecavalier for Michael Ryder....
Anyhow, happy new year and thanks for stopping by.

Old
01-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Resolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post

I'm not sure anyone would complain if you locked it now.

So, for Doan, the Flames give up two former first round picks, Warrener and a guy who quit hockey, along with a draft pick. Genius.

Seriously, what the hell is the point of involving Calgary in this trainwreck? What need does Doan fulfill?

I'm sure the Wild are excited about landing a guy who quit hockey too...

Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
*OvechKiN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
I'm not sure anyone would complain if you locked it now.

So, for Doan, the Flames give up two former first round picks, Warrener and a guy who quit hockey, along with a draft pick. Genius.

Seriously, what the hell is the point of involving Calgary in this trainwreck? What need does Doan fulfill?

I'm sure the Wild are excited about landing a guy who quit hockey too...
Judging from your comments, I can't even tell if this is good or bad for Calgary.
A top 9 of:
Huselius - Langkow - Iginla
Tanguay - Lombardi - Doan
Boyd - Conroy - Nolan
is super solid throughout......Doan does fill a need.
They have been missing a stud 2nd line RWer for a while now.

Old
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
*OvechKiN*

If I were the Flames, I would trade Chucko for a late 2nd round pick now if another GM would bite. Just because your a former 1st round pick does not mean that your still worth a 1st round pick in return.

If anything, the Flames are one of the winners in this deal.
Doan is signed to a generous contract.

Old
01-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Resolute

I've seen enough of your proposals to be happy you aren't someone judging talent for us.

Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 09:06 PM
*OvechKiN*

LOL, all of 2 that I have made within the last few months you mean?

Irving, Chucko, Ryder, 2nd
for
Doan

Any team would take Doan IMHO.

1st + 1st + 2nd + 3rd might be a little different, but thats not the case right now is it?
You it sound like Doan is just another player.

And if I was the one judging talent for the Flames, then I'd be too busy to post on this board.
That's why its a fan based forum.

Old
01-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
To CGY:
Shane Doan

To PHO:
Benoit Pouliot
Lelande Irving
Luca Cunti

To MINN:
Kris Chucko
Dan Ryder

To MTL:
Nick Boynton
Holmquist
Tampa 2nd '09
CGY 3rd '09

To TB:
Huet (re-signed)
Warrener

Lets hear the criticism!
so Calgary gives up Warrener, Irving, Ryder, Chucko and a 3rd for Doan? not a chance... maybe Warrener a 3rd and Chucko... but they seriously get sodomized in this proposal

why on eaarth would the Flames move 2 of their top prospects their #5 defenseman, a pick and Ryder for a guy that would be the 2nd line RW? don't get me wrong I would love to see Doan in a Flames uni but not at that cost

how about just Phx and Cgy doing a swap... assuming both players would waive their NTC/NMCs

Tanguay, Warrener and a conditional 2nd (Phoenix get 2010 second if Tanguay doesn't extend his contract) for Doan & Boynton

Last edited by Lunatik*: 01-01-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 09:37 PM
*OvechKiN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
so Calgary gives up Warrener, Irving, Ryder, Chucko and a 3rd for Doan? not a chance... maybe Warrener a 3rd and Chucko... but they seriously get sodomized in this proposal

why on eaarth would the Flames move 2 of their top prospects their #5 defenseman, a pick and Ryder for a guy that would be the 2nd line RW? don't get me wrong I would love to see Doan in a Flames uni but not at that cost
K, look at it this way.
Irving is a top prospect (still not an elite one by any imagination).
Chucko (is a 3rd liner at best.......most likely a 4th)
Ryder (Does not want to play hockey, not motivated.....maybe being on the same team as his brother will resurrect his motivation?)
3rd round pick.
Rhett Warrener, although being our #5 defensemen, comes at a 2.4M contract (which he may be worth if he can stay healthy), but for a defensemen that is constantly injured, the Flames can trade him as a salary dump as they clearly need to make room to take on Doan, resign Phaneuf, Huselius and Langkow.
They already have Aucoin eating 4M of cap space going into next year. They need the salary dump.
Take out the 3rd maybe, but IMO, Irving is the only significant loss, and even thats no guarantee. I like Keetley more anyways.
It is hard to get a star like Shane Doan in a longer term contract for cheap.
I know Flame fans like their players, but honestly, Chucko is nowhere near one of the Flames top prospects.

Old
01-01-2008, 09:40 PM
ZergZega

If I was Sutter I would certainly pull this deal (probably a good thing I'm not). Shane Doan is a really good all-around player. The acquisition of him improves the Flames chances of winning a Stanley Cup considerably. The only real trade off for the time being is losing Rhett Warrener, but he's injured anyway. Calgary does lose a couple prospects. But Chucko and Irving aren't going to help The Flames win a Stanley Cup in the next five years, if ever. The only question is, why would the Coyotes trade Shane Doan?

ZergZega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
K, look at it this way.
Irving is a top prospect (still not an elite one by any imagination).
Chucko (is a 3rd liner at best.......most likely a 4th)
Ryder (Does not want to play hockey, not motivated.....maybe being on the same team as his brother will resurrect his motivation?)
3rd round pick.
Rhett Warrener, although being our #5 defensemen, comes at a 2.4M contract (which he may be worth if he can stay healthy), but for a defensemen that is constantly injured, the Flames can trade him as a salary dump as they clearly need to make room to take on Doan, resign Phaneuf, Huselius and Langkow.
They already have Aucoin eating 4M of cap space going into next year. They need the salary dump.
Take out the 3rd maybe, but IMO, Irving is the only significant loss, and even thats no guarantee. I like Keetley more anyways.
It is hard to get a star like Shane Doan in a longer term contract for cheap.
I know Flame fans like their players, but honestly, Chucko is nowhere near one of the Flames top prospects.
Chuko has played very well from what I have heard since turning pro... and the Flames could get Doan for much less than your proposal... you dont move 3 prospects, a pick and a roster player for a 2nd liner

Old
01-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergZega View Post
If I was Sutter I would certainly pull this deal (probably a good thing I'm not). Shane Doan is a really good all-around player. The acquisition of him improves the Flames chances of winning a Stanley Cup considerably. The only real trade off for the time being is losing Rhett Warrener, but he's injured anyway. Calgary does lose a couple prospects. But Chucko and Irving aren't going to help The Flames win a Stanley Cup in the next five years, if ever. The only question is, why would the Coyotes trade Shane Doan?
Warrener will be back in the next week or so... and you dont mortage your future for a guy that will play on your 2nd line

Old
01-01-2008, 09:49 PM
*OvechKiN*

Quote:
Chuko has played very well from what I have heard since turning pro... and the Flames could get Doan for much less than your proposal... you dont move 3 prospects, a pick and a roster player for a 2nd liner
Doan is much more than a 2nd liner.
Most prospects don't pan out anyways, maybe i'm just a quality over quantity guy, but a bottom pairing defensemen who is solid but often injured making 2.4M + a former 1st liner that wont be anything more than a 3rd liner (I don't think anyone can argue that Chucko will become a decent 2nd liner....), Irving (good goalie prospect) and Ryder (good potential to be a 2nd liner, but no motivation).
The only way the Flames lose this deal is if and its a big IF, Irving becomes a bonafide starting goaltender and Ryder comes back with motivation and becomes the smart 2nd line center that every team needs.
But we need players in their prime while Iggy is in his prime.
A Dan Ryder in his prime + a 35 yr old Iginla won't win the cup IMO.
I think Doan is really underrated by the sound of things.....

Remember that Nash-Lombardi-Doan was a killer line for team Canada this summer.
Calgary has had problems finding an offensive player that meshes with Lombardi....
I think this is their chance really.

Old
01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Why not propose a two-way deal between Phoenix and Calgary in which Doan is the centerpiece? Simplify.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
No thanks from a Habs perspective.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 10:12 PM
*OvechKiN*

Quote:
Warrener will be back in the next week or so... and you dont mortage your future for a guy that will play on your 2nd line
I see what your saying, and I agree to a point, but the Flames aren't mortgaging their future by any means in this deal (I took out the 3rd to keep things simple).
Irving + Chucko + Ryder + Warrener
for Doan

Irving is a good goalie prospect, but its too early to say if he will pan out. The Flames have Kipper for another 7 years, and I personally think that Keetley and Irving are pretty close to each other. He is the only one out of the 3 prospects that actually has good value.

Chucko is a bust (for a 1st rounder). There is no denying that really. He will not be a top 6 player on any NHL team ever, period. He still has what it takes to be an effective 3rd liner though. When he was drafted, he was hitting everything that moved wearing the opposing teams colours. The year after he was drafted and every subsequent year, his physical play has dropped significantly (though he is still considered a physical player) and his hands and skating can't make up for it to be a top 6 player in this league. His skating has improved throughout the years, but he is by no means close to Nystrom in that regard.

Ryder is the wildcard. He has what it takes to be as effective as Dustin Boyd (whom I think will be a very good 2nd liner), but he has no motivation to play. Why keep him? We already have enough problems with Taratukhin and Giordano.
It is not like he has elite talents/potential.

None of the said 3 players will be worth a Shane Doan at their prime. I think the Flames pull the trigger. Doan is a player that Sutter/Keenan would dream about having on their team. He is basically like Iggy, just not as good.