Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

UK/London Rec Hockey

Old
01-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Phoenix

vCash: 500
UK/London Rec Hockey

Hi, just wondering if there's any advice - I'm going to the UK probably around April/May 2008, and as I cannot live without playing hockey was looking at hooking up with a team or even drop-in somewhere.

At this stage I'm hoping to be based in London, but not sure where.

I've played hockey for 1.5 years so I'm at a fairly beginner level. But I have played competitive rec hockey.

I've looked at various rec teams on the net but are there any that are particularly good for my level? Also, as I am going to be heavily relying on the Tube or public transport, those facilities are gonna be important! I'd like to avoid lugging a huge bag of equipment around for long distances if I can help it!

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Gwyddbwyll

vCash: 500
I dont know about the playing level but I think its pretty diverse at every club anyway.

Your starting point should be http://www.eiharec.co.uk/team_list.php

I think there are two main rinks in London for rec teams - Streatham and Alexandra Palace. I would say just contact them, go along, watch if you dont want to try out and see what you think. Good luck.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote