HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Next 3 Games not on TV!

Old
01-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Nordique

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrmd View Post
No worries, but I doubt they will let you listen to the game. We actually turn the jukebox off and the "surround sound" on for all games home and away. I think it is easier to watch the game at the bar too as we have TV's no farther then ten feet from your eyes. But can't bash Champps for trying to bring in new customers.
Its a style thing.

The RBAR is a Hockey Bar.

Champs is a bar with the game on.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 10:49 AM
darrmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyFan45 View Post
I'd guess that the cost would be why. Even the NFL leaves out a game or two every week from being HD.

They NHL is moving toward having all games in HD--I read this somewhere if I can find the link I'll post it. Give it a couple years and I bet they all will be.
All Canadian Team Games are usually HD. Direct TV offers all NHL games in HD if possible. Pretty cool

darrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 11:01 AM
LaCosta Nostra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
$ and equipment. Last year I was told by a reliable source that HD 'trucks' were in short supply.
So they bring in all the cameras, etc for each game? I would have thought they'd have all the equipment stored in the 'Wide. I'll chip in a few bucks for an HD camera. Can anyone else help out?

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Nut View Post
So they bring in all the cameras, etc for each game? I would have thought they'd have all the equipment stored in the 'Wide. I'll chip in a few bucks for an HD camera. Can anyone else help out?
Its not just cameras. You have to have lot more equipment and a HD truck. The trucks cost big money and FSN does not have enough trucks to cover each game. I also think it just plain cost more to do an HD broadcast even with the equipment there. Even ESPN does not have the resources to show every game they broadcast in HD. Give it time and all games for all sports will be in HD.

01-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Hockey Granny

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatarush123 View Post
I dont know if it applies to any of you but getting Center Ice especially on DirecTV gets you NHL Network for free just as long as you keep your subscription to Center Ice. Yes, it may suck that Rimer and Gare might not call the game but at least its watchable! I watch Jackets games here in NY and I dont have a problem since just as long as I get my daily dose of Cannon and LeClaire!
Hmm... I have DirecTV but I didn't buy Center Ice this year, but I get the NHL Network anyway. Wonder why?

Hockey Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 08:43 PM
MFRONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Granny View Post
Hmm... I have DirecTV but I didn't buy Center Ice this year, but I get the NHL Network anyway. Wonder why?
You don't need Center Ice to get NHL Network

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 07:12 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

TW DVR Issues

Recently, TimeWarner Cbus installed a new DVR box in my house. I now have three different models of cable boxes. The new box has new GUIDE SOFTWARE, and this is what I'm noting here for others who might have the same problem.

With the new box/software, you cannot set the Bluejackets games to "record as a series" like you used to be able to do with the old box/software. That means you must manually set your DVR to record each CBJ game. Bluejackets Live DOES have the "record as a series option."

Why is this? I contacted both TW and Russ Mollohan (CBJ Broadcast Director). Russ copied me on TW's response to him. (Applause to Russ! He's very responsive to fans.)

Basically the problem is this: the ENTRY in the new TW guide for CBJ hockey reads "NHL Hockey" -a generic entry, not a specific one like it USED TO BE on the old guide. And because it's coded that way, IF you have the newer DVR with new guide software, you cannot set "nhl hockey" (the cbj game) on the new software/dvr to "record as a series."

Apparently, TW uses a company to create the GUIDE ENTRIES for TW's new guide software. They said that this would NOT be fixed in the immediate future.

I offer this incase anyone else has this problem. If you like to DVR games, don't allow TW to install any new DVR box until they get this Guide problem fixed, or you'll be SOL when you come back home expecting to playback the game.

---

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Skraut

Or just get a HD Tivo, they freaking ROCK!!!!

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 08:29 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Recently, TimeWarner Cbus installed a new DVR box in my house. I now have three different models of cable boxes. The new box has new GUIDE SOFTWARE, and this is what I'm noting here for others who might have the same problem.

With the new box/software, you cannot set the Bluejackets games to "record as a series" like you used to be able to do with the old box/software. That means you must manually set your DVR to record each CBJ game. Bluejackets Live DOES have the "record as a series option."

Why is this? I contacted both TW and Russ Mollohan (CBJ Broadcast Director). Russ copied me on TW's response to him. (Applause to Russ! He's very responsive to fans.)

Basically the problem is this: the ENTRY in the new TW guide for CBJ hockey reads "NHL Hockey" -a generic entry, not a specific one like it USED TO BE on the old guide. And because it's coded that way, IF you have the newer DVR with new guide software, you cannot set "nhl hockey" (the cbj game) on the new software/dvr to "record as a series."

Apparently, TW uses a company to create the GUIDE ENTRIES for TW's new guide software. They said that this would NOT be fixed in the immediate future.

I offer this incase anyone else has this problem. If you like to DVR games, don't allow TW to install any new DVR box until they get this Guide problem fixed, or you'll be SOL when you come back home expecting to playback the game.

---
Can you set your box up to record series Blue Jackets Live and set it to extend recording for 3 hours or more. You should be able to do this.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 04:07 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Can you set your box up to record series Blue Jackets Live and set it to extend recording for 3 hours or more. You should be able to do this.
Good suggestion!

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 08:45 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Good suggestion!
Let me know if it works out.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote