HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shane O'Brien

Old
01-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
GEt him and fast the kid is a great solid throwback player. He hits he fights and is mean in front of his net

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 04:18 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Montoya, Prucha, Malik and Mara for Boyle and O'Brien? Maybe we throw in a #2 or a similar prospect?

Boyle is a UFA this summer.

Tampa could really use a goaltender with potential to be a solid #1.
I dont want Boyle...our defense is holding up well this year except for Malik who needs to go. Plus we have tons of young Dmen with Staal, Baranka and Sauer with Sangs being rdy in a few years or so

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 04:24 PM
LIRoyals7794

Callahan and 2nd Rounder

LIRoyals7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Tampa gave up a first rounder for him last year (plus more, I believe) and I recall reading that they wanted him even earlier in the year, and that they had their eyes set on him for a while. It sounds to me like he was highly coveted by Tampa's management, and that getting them to part with him would cost more than the likes of Prucha, Mara and Malik.

But with their goaltending issues, Montoya might pique their interest. Although I do not know how they rate Al against Ramo and Helenius, or if they even want to take on another prospect goaltender. Feaster's immediate concern is getting the team into playoff contention now. The availability of capable veteran goaltenders to help his team looks scarce at this point now that Bryzgalov has been moved (unless he'll take a chance on CuJo or Belfour).

I do certainly like O'Brien's game and would love to see him as a Ranger. He has elements the blueline lacks.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Sather had a shot at O'Brien last year. Burke called Sather and told him about the deal he had from the Lightning. Asked Sather to best it and Glen informed Brian that he had a deal on the table for Ward (Mara) and he declined.
says who?

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 04:35 PM
chosen

One thing.

I haven't read here or anywhere else that TB wants to trade O'Brien. If the Rangers currently had him, would you be looking to trade him for injured and second rate players?

I'd like the Rangers to trade Jessiman and Falardeau for Ovechkin.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
says who?
I think it was on a blog that Brian Burke posted about the trade deadline day. It appeared on NHL.com I believe.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 04:53 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
says who?
Brian Burke posted a diary of the day-to-day communications between GMs up until the trading deadline. Although he said he wouldn't do this again, he strongly believes it would be great if other GMs did it as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ke-diary_x.htm

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
I dont want Boyle...our defense is holding up well this year except for Malik who needs to go. Plus we have tons of young Dmen with Staal, Baranka and Sauer with Sangs being rdy in a few years or so
Replacing Mara and Malik with Boyle and O'Brien would do wonders for our defense. It would add a puck-mover and a hitter - not as good, but similar to Leetch-Beukeboom.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Brian Burke posted a diary of the day-to-day communications between GMs up until the trading deadline. Although he said he wouldn't do this again, he strongly believes it would be great if other GMs did it as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ke-diary_x.htm
well i read that, and it CLEARLY states he was looking to trade O'Brien for a FIRST the entire time

ward was brought up at random, and not to do with O'Brien.

common sense people.

Old
01-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
well i read that, and it CLEARLY states he was looking to trade O'Brien for a FIRST the entire time

common sense people.
Which makes me think Tampa's more foolish than O'Brien being worth it.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 06:13 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:

common sense people.
???? Who said Burke wasn't trying to obtain a 1st (other than JOrts who was set straight on the 1st page)?

Old
01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
in the hall

Quote:
???? Who said Burke wasn't trying to obtain a 1st (other than JOrts who was set straight on the 1st page)?
you said Sather had a shot at O'Brien, and implied it would have been for Ward.

that was not the case. in fact it looks like O'Brien wasn't even a focus of conversation between the Ducks and Rangers

Old
01-02-2008, 07:12 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
you said Sather had a shot at O'Brien, and implied it would have been for Ward.

that was not the case. in fact it looks like O'Brien wasn't even a focus of conversation between the Ducks and Rangers
I'm sorry, but I'm a stickler for things like these. I made no implication that Ward had anything to do w/ O'Brien. BB asked Sather to best the offer from TB, Glen refused (and then shared he had a good offer for Ward).

As for a conversation between the Rangers/Ducks over O'Brien:

Quote:
Monday, Feb. 19

At the general managers meetings in Naples, Fla., Feaster sweetened his offer to a first-round pick and Coleman and he wants a third to go with O'Brien. I call Sather to see if he can better that offer for O'Brien.

Tuesday, Feb. 20

Sather talks to me about O'Brien...
Sometimes I misread posts on these boards while browsing quickly, but I just don't see how you perceived my initial post of:

Quote:
Sather had a shot at O'Brien last year. Burke called Sather and told him about the deal he had from the Lightning. Asked Sather to best it and Glen informed Brian that he had a deal on the table for Ward (Mara) and he declined.
*Quick note...the "he in the last sentence refers to Glen declining to match/best TB's offer...maybe that is where you got confused...just too many pronouns*

Old
01-02-2008, 08:59 PM
in the hall

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I'm a stickler for things like these. I made no implication that Ward had anything to do w/ O'Brien. BB asked Sather to best the offer from TB, Glen refused (and then shared he had a good offer for Ward).

As for a conversation between the Rangers/Ducks over O'Brien:

Sometimes I misread posts on these boards while browsing quickly, but I just don't see how you perceived my initial post of:

*Quick note...the "he in the last sentence refers to Glen declining to match/best TB's offer...maybe that is where you got confused...just too many pronouns*
"Asked Sather to best it and Glen informed Brian that he had a deal on the table for Ward (Mara) and he declined."

is what confused me. to me it still sounds as though thats what you were trying to say.

thanks for clarifying