HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Anaheim Ducks 10pm EST 1-2-08

Old
01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Brassard Calder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Following a crap sequence of officiating.
I don't know about that. I thought the officiating has been pretty good for a change.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
You are correct on that...Hainsey was the goat...but more important where is Nash?
The reason given will be he's matched up against Pronger. I accepted that for a few minutes, but then I realized that when you have a matchup between a premier defenseman and a premier forward, especially one of Nash's size, you expect to see a battle all night long. Well, there hasn't been a battle: Pronger won the war before the game even started. That's how it feels.

The nice thing about Nash is he can be insignificant for most of a game and still be a hero in the end.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Zipsix

Paging Mr. Nash. Is there a Mr. Nash in the building?

Zipsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Zipsix

We are so unlucky. Could have scored twice on close deflections on this power play.

Old
01-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Well, 2 minutes left.....we are going to need to pull Pazzy in order to tie this up.....2-2 or 3-1....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Zipsix

Ominous beginning to a long road trip.

Old
01-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Hainsey tried to glove the shot and knock it down, all he did was deflect it so Pascal couldn't get it. Ron's fault, not Leclaire's. That's all.
It looked to me like he was just starting to go into his blocking position when the puck was deflected.

Sorry for being hostile TW.

Macster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Brassard Calder

tough loss...Jackets had plenty of chances in the second period and couldn't get the puck in the net..

Pazzy was terrific again and deserved a win. Again the Jackets played good on the road, just not good enough...

I was impressed with Murray tonight he played well...

It's unfortunate Hainsey deflected that puck in or we might have been able to scratch out a win in OT or in the shootout, and at the very least would have gotten a point..

Need to come back strong tomorrow night with a win.

Old
01-02-2008, 11:30 PM
MFRONE

Another winnable game we fail to get points from. The offense is embarrassing, can Howson please do a ****ing thing about it?

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
disgruntledPSLholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
Give me a damned break, he went down to block the shot and it took a bad deflection.

He was doing his job.

These things happen.
?!?!? he stuck his glove out for whatever reason

disgruntledPSLholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipsix View Post
Ominous beginning to a long road trip.
Can't ask for better goaltending....looked to me has though we did everything needed to win cept crash the net and work hard in the blue paint to force a win....

Not to mention 6 or 7 great shots by Hainsey wasted because we have yet to learn the concept of putting bodies in the crease area for a screen play during the PP....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
That goal is all Hainsey's fault, off his glove, past Leclaire
Anyone else notice the look Pascal gave Hainsey after that. The I wanna kill you right now what the hell were you thinking!?

Old
01-02-2008, 11:34 PM
pipe dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Another winnable game we fail to get points from. The offense is embarrassing, can Howson please do a ****ing thing about it?
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pipe dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
ON to the next one guys and gals .. LETS GO JACKETS !!!

Old
01-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Nordique

Hate to lose games we deserve to win. On the flip side, we've only won a couple that we didn't deserve to. We have to get back to making our own breaks.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Bluebengal

every time we get a chance to take a step forward we take a leap back instead. so frustrating!

Bluebengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Can't ask for better goaltending....looked to me has though we did everything needed to win cept crash the net and work hard in the blue paint to force a win....

Not to mention 6 or 7 great shots by Hainsey wasted because we have yet to learn the concept of putting bodies in the crease area for a screen play during the PP....
Pretty much what I was thinking. Nash's PP unit has someone sometimes in front of the net (Nash himself), but the other unit doesn't. Might have been worth a shot putting Murray out there in that role, as Chimera is pretty useless on the PP.

I loved that Duvie and Hainsey were able to get so many shots.

I love the continued chemistry between Zherdev and Hainsey, both 5-on-5 and on the PP. Novotny had a strong game, too.

Old
01-02-2008, 11:41 PM
pipe dreams

the funny thing is the Ducks keep adding players

pipe dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Pretty much what I was thinking. Nash's PP unit has someone sometimes in front of the net (Nash himself), but the other unit doesn't. Might have been worth a shot putting Murray out there in that role, as Chimera is pretty useless on the PP.

I loved that Duvie and Hainsey were able to get so many shots.

I love the continued chemistry between Zherdev and Hainsey, both 5-on-5 and on the PP. Novotny had a strong game, too.
Even putting Boll on the PP to just stand in front of the net and screen the goalie wouldn't be a bad idea. Anyone that's big. We've improved on getting shots from the point through and on net. Now lets get more traffic in front of the net, and maybe we'll get more deflections for goals or it could open up Novotny for more "garbage" goals on rebounds crashing the net.

Old
01-02-2008, 11:55 PM
MFRONE

Sorry but Duvie and Hainsey's shot totals mean jack **** if they don't score. Both add incredible chances tonight and they both were right at Giguere.

We got dominated in the SOG department and it just shows that we still can't get anything on net or follow up the numerous amounts of rebounds that the goalies keep giving up.

Old
01-02-2008, 11:56 PM
MFRONE

Also, can someone tell me why in the **** Chewy continues to see nearly 20 minutes of ice time when he fails to score goals and turn the puck over nearly every time he touches it? He is a waste on the PP and should never get more ice time then Feds or Nash.

Old
01-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Also, can someone tell me why in the **** Chewy continues to see nearly 20 minutes of ice time when he fails to score goals and turn the puck over nearly every time he touches it? He is a waste on the PP and should never get more ice time then Feds or Nash.
He only got as much as he did tonight because Zherdev was the only player able to carry the puck into the zone on the PP. Even then, he didn't get nearly as much as Z or Novotny, thankfully. (Random: Russell was showing some promise in playing Z's role.)

Also, the shots by defensemen are nice because a) it doesn't happen often and b) shots from them are supposed to create scoring chances for others (yes, more rarely, goals for themselves). It's a big step in the right direction that those shots were hitting the net.

Old
01-03-2008, 12:12 AM
CapnCornelius

My take from the cheap seats...

I don't want to hear the Hainsey carping. He also saved a couple goals at points when the rest of our defense was collapsing like scared children. LeClaire can't complain too much as he's lucky that he didn't give up a couple goals due to his own poor positioning. Not Hejda's best night and Klesla was getting muscled around.

Giguere was hardly stellar and yet we couldn't seem to put the puck in an empty net on more than one occassion.

Murray was the only guy who played all 3 periods.

Can someone tell me if Rick Nash was a healthy scratch? Didn't see him the whole night.

The Ducks got physical in the 3rd...and we backed down. After dominating most of the 2nd period, they got a fluke goal and we let them walk away without much of a fight in the third.

On to LA. If we manage to lose to the Kings, this could be a very, very bad road trip.

In the interest of saying something vaguely positive, the power play looks a bit more competent. If only they could find the back of the net.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:14 AM
nationwiderules

The Blue Jackets in this game had no sence of urgency, the game to me seemed very slow paced, the jackets need to step it up if they want to do anything in the western conference standings, also leclaire seemed like he was fighting the puck alot tonight he kept juggleing the puck behind the net and seemed really un comfortable when the puck was buzzing around the net. that was the jackets first regualation loss to a team from the pacific division, we keep teams on their toes but we need to finish teams off, we had so many scoreing chances and could finish them, and hopefully we can pull out a bunch of wins on this lengthy road trip starting in L.A. on thursday!!!!!

GO JACKETS!!!!!

nationwiderules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:15 AM
MFRONE

I noticed Nash all over the TV broadcast, he had Neids or Pronger all over him when he took a shift.

Hainsey sucked, he was the reason for the 2nd goal (nothing else really matters).