HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

James Marcou

Old
01-02-2008, 03:05 PM
LIRoyals7794

vCash: 500
James Marcou

The uderrated small foward Marcou. He is currently leading UMass in points as a freshman (4-14-18) in 17 GP. Why would he not rank in the tops for prospects? He also finished in the top 5 in scoring in the USHL for Waterloo last season. This year he is doing better than 1st Rounders (Okposo, vanRiemsdyk).

What should we expect from him for the second half of the college hockey season?

Last edited by LIRoyals7794: 01-02-2008 at 03:32 PM.
LIRoyals7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRoyals7794 View Post
The uderrated small foward Marcou. He is currently leading UMass in points as a freshman (4-14-18) in 17 GP. Why would he not rank in the tops for prospects? He also finished in the top 5 in scoring in the USHL for Waterloo last season. This year he is doing better than 1st Rounders (Okposo, vanRiemsdyk).

What should we expect from him for the second half of the college hockey season?

because he is two years older then everyone else in the draft.....

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 09:14 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:

Are you really comparing Marcou to Okposo and VanReimsdyk? Come on now.

The biggest thing holding the kid back is his size. I think he is like 5'6 or 5'7.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 05:00 PM
colman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
Marcou is not two years older then eveyone in the draft,yes he is a late bloomer wether he is drafted or not he will get a shot.He had a great Islanders prospect camp and is doing well at Umass and had a big year in the USHL last year.He does have better stats than most players drafted so sooner or later it will happen for him because after all points do matter .Also UMASS is 5 in the Nation and Waterloo did win the Anderson cup and he happens to be the leading scorer on those teams,something should be said for thatP.S. late 87s are still eligbile for the Draft

colman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 05:05 PM
colman

Quote:
Originally Posted by colman View Post
Marcou is not two years older then eveyone in the draft,yes he is a late bloomer wether he is drafted or not he will get a shot.He had a great Islanders prospect camp and is doing well at Umass and had a big year in the USHL last year.He does have better stats than most players drafted so sooner or later it will happen for him because after all points do matter .Also UMASS is 5 in the Nation and Waterloo did win the Anderson cup and he happens to be the leading scorer on those teams,something should be said for thatP.S. late 87s are still eligbile for the Draft
Just named Hockey East rookie of the month and was runner up Oct and Nov

Old
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
LIRoyals7794

Quote:
Marcou Birthday: Feb 19 1988
Okposo: Apr 16 1988

Old
01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Quote:
so you are saying that a player born in 88 is not two years older then a player born in 90??

the 08 draft consists mainly of players born in 1990...

and i never said anything about him as a player. so there is no need to defend him. i havent seen him play so i cant comment on that...

all i said was that he is not a top prospect for the 08 draft because he has two years on most guys in the draft...

Old
01-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Quote:
since when was okposo eligible for the 08 draft??

Old
01-03-2008, 10:23 PM
TornACL

Quote:
Marcou is not two years older then eveyone in the draft
Quote:

Marcou Birthday : Feb 19 1988

prospects for the 2008 draft:

Stamkos : Feb 7 1990
Pietrangelo : Jan 18 1990
Filatov : May 25 1990

now let's do some maths:

1990-1988=2, so yes Marcou is two years older than the prospects for the 2008 draft

TornACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornACL View Post
Marcou Birthday : Feb 19 1988

prospects for the 2008 draft:

Stamkos : Feb 7 1990
Pietrangelo : Jan 18 1990
Filatov : May 25 1990

now let's do some maths:

1990-1988=2, so yes Marcou is two years older than the prospects for the 2008 draft
unbelievable that we actually need proof to back up that statement

Old
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
colman

Quote:
unbelievable that we actually need proof to back up that statement
Colin Wilson 1989 yes older then most but not all last draft 87 werer taken and who cares they all better be ready to play no matter what age Marcou has more ponts the some 86 who are playing NCAA that are drafted what does that mean,while we are not defending our selves the whole draft is not 1990 but a majority of them are so calm down and lets see who is playing in . 2 to 3 years from now.Lets not forget most of the late round picks dont make it and those spots are filled with players who werent drafted know as Free Agents .Plus if you see Marcou play you change your tune a little

Old
01-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Quote:
Colin Wilson 1989 yes older then most but not all last draft 87 werer taken and who cares they all better be ready to play no matter what age Marcou has more ponts the some 86 who are playing NCAA that are drafted what does that mean,while we are not defending our selves the whole draft is not 1990 but a majority of them are so calm down and lets see who is playing in . 2 to 3 years from now.Lets not forget most of the late round picks dont make it and those spots are filled with players who werent drafted know as Free Agents .Plus if you see Marcou play you change your tune a little
again.... i havent said anything about he's play.....

and wilson is born late in 89.... so ok he is 1.5-2-5 years older then everyone else....

and by everyone else i mean the TOP PROSPECTS, because that was the question... why is he not a TOP PROSPECT....

and the reason he is not is because he is 1.5-2.5 years older then everyone ranked in rounds 1-2.....

talent wise he may be better right now, i dont know. still havent seen him, but the fact that he is so much older then the other guys will keep him out of the first 2 rounds...

Old
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I really think colman is James Marcou. The majority of his posts on this board are about Marcou.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 02:08 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I really think colman is James Marcou. The majority of his posts on this board are about Marcou.
i second that notion

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 02:18 PM
LIRoyals7794

Quote:
so you are saying that a player born in 88 is not two years older then a player born in 90??

and i never said anything about him as a player. so there is no need to defend him. i havent seen him play so i cant comment on that...

all i said was that he is not a top prospect for the 08 draft because he has two years on most guys in the draft...
i am talking about past drafts such as the 06'...

Last edited by LIRoyals7794: 01-04-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old
01-04-2008, 02:23 PM
LIRoyals7794

Quote:

i am talking about past drafts such as the 06'

Old
01-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Quote:
i am talking about past drafts such as the 06'
so you want people to mention him as a top prospect from the 06 draft when he wasnt even drafted in 06????

you said he wasnt mentioned as a top prospect, i think everyone thought you meant for the 08 draft, becuase i dont know where you want him mentioned for the 06 draft... because that draft was done 1.5 years ago. there arent any rankings for that draft anymore...

Old
01-04-2008, 11:53 PM
colman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
No just a big fan of his and have know him a long time.James doesnt have to do this just read uscho.com about Umass at ther tourn in Tampa it says alot about him .So i anyway will root for him so lets move on

Old
01-27-2008, 07:14 PM
colman

Quote:

Now leads UMass in scoring with 22pts in 23 games ,also had a hat trick against Vermont Fri Night

Last edited by colman: 01-27-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old
01-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Heat McManus

I know a good friend of the family (somebody who has helped James and many other tri-state are guys) and their not that worried about him getting drafted. If he gets drafted, that's great. If not, they believe either way he should be at UMass next year and will be able to generate enough interest to sign on with a team on his terms.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
I know a good friend of the family (somebody who has helped James and many other tri-state are guys) and their not that worried about him getting drafted. If he gets drafted, that's great. If not, they believe either way he should be at UMass next year and will be able to generate enough interest to sign on with a team on his terms.
if he is that good someone will pick him in the later rounds...

Old
01-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
if he is that good someone will pick him in the later rounds...
possibly. He was invited to the Isles rookie camp last season. They have shown interest. They could pick him.

There is always an excuse NOT to draft a player. He's too small, he's not a finisher, he SHOULD be putting those numbers up at his age, etc. I can see teams passing him up. Giving a kid a shot in camp is risking a lot less. Especially rookie camps where the kid pays his way.

Last edited by Heat McManus: 01-27-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 11:01 PM
HFNHL Canadiens

Seems to me as a smaller/less offensive Corey Locke, the kid won't get picked. You have to absolutely dominate at 5'7 155, to get drafted. Ryan Duncan a player of simmilar size, won the Hobey Baker and still didn't even get a sniff. Just seems like another case of "good small college player".

HFNHL Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalchuk View Post
Seems to me as a smaller/less offensive Corey Locke, the kid won't get picked. You have to absolutely dominate at 5'7 155, to get drafted. Ryan Duncan a player of simmilar size, won the Hobey Baker and still didn't even get a sniff. Just seems like another case of "good small college player".

the last time ryan duncan was eligible for the draft was in 05.. that season he had 91 points in 57 games in the BCHL.. thats not even close to get you drafted as a 20 year old..

he won the hobey baker last season... if he did that on 05 he would have been drafted for sure..

and i believe he was invited to the Blues prospect camp this season... so its not like he is "not even getting a sniff".

Old
03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
colman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
James Marcou named to the Hockey East All Rookie team with Colin Wilson,JVR and Joe Whitney