HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger fans = best fans ever

Old
01-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Johnnybegood13

vCash: 500
Ranger fans = best fans ever

At the game tonight i had the pleasure of sitting next to 4 hard-core NY fans and i have to say they were awesome and fun to sit beside and after reading your game day thread after i got home i have new respect for Ranger fans.

Congrats on being great fans even when your team looses a tough game.

PS now go and destroy the rest of the west on your roadtrip you bums

Johnnybegood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:52 PM
dank

i had the pleasure of sitting next to a few great Calgarian fans in MSG several times and to keep it short and from turning into a mutual brownnosing thread, it was great. very very knowledgable and friendly.

he's the guy who called it on the nose that Ozo would be a debacle in his 1st game.

for me, the Flames are up there in my favorite Canadian teams. interchangable at No. 1 with Montreal.

P.S. I bet you say that to all the girls..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Johnnybegood13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
i had the pleasure of sitting next to a few great Calgarian fans in MSG several times and to keep it short and from turning into a mutual brownnosing thread, it was great. very very knowledgable and friendly.

he's the guy who called it on the nose that Ozo would be a debacle in his 1st game.

for me, the Flames are up there in my favorite Canadian teams. interchangable at No. 1 with Montreal.

P.S. I bet you say that to all the girls..
Just asking, is your first name Ron?

I partied with a few Ranger fans a few years ago i met at the game and they took us to Mickey Mantle's afterwards...great time.

A guy named Ron was a member here that was in that group.

Johnnybegood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 01:29 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
At the game tonight i had the pleasure of sitting next to 4 hard-core NY fans and i have to say they were awesome and fun to sit beside and after reading your game day thread after i got home i have new respect for Ranger fans.

Trade us iginla for jagr and well make sure to beat up the west coast for ya

and PS would we really see this thread if the rangers had pulled it out tonight?

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 02:03 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Glad to hear you had a good experience. I always enjoy watching all of the Canadian fans - especially the Western ones. And they are always cool whenever they visit MSG.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 02:24 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

i like the flames jersey

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

Sorry to pee on the peace pipe being passed around but while a lot of Rangers fans are some of the best in hockey but there are a lot that go to games at MSG that are spoiled rich kids who jumped on the bandwagon when the Rangers started playing well again.

The Knicks are no longer a factor in NY so Mommy and Daddy started buying season tickets to the Rangers for their kids to go to games. I've lost a lot of respect for some of the fans at the games these days who boo our own players like Poti and Malik just because a couple of fools decided that it is all their fault that the Rangers lose a game or two. It's pathetic.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:03 PM
dank

Quote:
Just asking, is your first name Ron?

I partied with a few Ranger fans a few years ago i met at the game and they took us to Mickey Mantle's afterwards...great time.

A guy named Ron was a member here that was in that group.
nope not Ron, Dan.

I remember being impressed with the "Sea of Red" when watching a Flames' game during the playoffs a couple seasons ago. so much so I posted a thread on your board asking about it.

I definitely want to come out there to Western Canada to see some games, and I am sure it will be an experience and I'll be treated well there..

Let's just wait until the CAD$ goes back down..

Old
01-03-2008, 12:08 PM
ruckus*

Quote:

Obviously those 4 don't post on this board. Otherwise they would've been completely irrational and would've made you want to rip your hair right out of your head.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Get Off Our Board Troll!!!!

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 01:39 PM
NYRangers09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
Sorry to pee on the peace pipe being passed around but while a lot of Rangers fans are some of the best in hockey but there are a lot that go to games at MSG that are spoiled rich kids who jumped on the bandwagon when the Rangers started playing well again.

The Knicks are no longer a factor in NY so Mommy and Daddy started buying season tickets to the Rangers for their kids to go to games. I've lost a lot of respect for some of the fans at the games these days who boo our own players like Poti and Malik just because a couple of fools decided that it is all their fault that the Rangers lose a game or two. It's pathetic.
It is the most ridiculous thing to say that Malik hasnt given up a lot of goals in his Rangers career. It can be because his lack of ability to clear the zone, giveaways, or just no ability to stop people from getting behind him on the rush. Or maybe fans hate him because he has a huge body but will never lay a solid check on someone. He can barely push someone around in front of Lundqvist.

You cannot be a true fan and not boo this guy at the garden. He is a waste of time and the Rangers need to trade him as soon as possible. He has not right to be starting over Strudwick!!!!

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 01:42 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Let's just wait until the CAD$ goes back down.
Never thought I would ever read those words.

01-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Fletch

Samee here, Singn'...

I haven't been to Canada since the exchange rate was around 0.70CND/USD, but was happy I found 40CND in my drawer the other day. I didn't think it was real money when I came home with it but am now thinking I have something.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmarberrys View Post
You cannot be a true fan and not boo this guy at the garden. He is a waste of time and the Rangers need to trade him as soon as possible. He has not right to be starting over Strudwick!!!!
I have booed him for one of the many dumb penalties that he has taken and I'll agree that he probably should be benched in favor of Strudwick because Struds hits, clears the crease and fights to stick up for his teammates. But I'm not in favor of the crap that goes on at the Garden booing our players every time they touch the puck. It's moronic and you sound like a bunch of spoiled idiots.

You do realize the Rangers have won the Cup only 4 times in 81 years of existence? Not every player who has played for the Rangers will be enshrined in the Hall of Fame. Sure Malik can be terrible at times but the booing that goes on is just stupidity.

Old
01-03-2008, 02:37 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I haven't been to Canada since the exchange rate was around 0.70CND/USD, but was happy I found 40CND in my drawer the other day. I didn't think it was real money when I came home with it but am now thinking I have something.
Oh yeah, you could have made a small fortune if only we had known that this would happen. Put $1000 into Canadian money in say 2002 when $1 CAD was $1.60 USD. That means you would have gotten $1,600 CAD at that point (Approximately). Today it would be worth $1,600 USD.
60% return in 6 years isn't that bad. Nice average annual return of 10% .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
60% return in 6 years isn't that bad. Nice average annual return of 10% .
It's crazy isn't it? When I started going to Montreal and the lap dances on St. Catherines Street were only $10 CDN it was like paying only $7 US when those dances were at least $20 US here in NY. It was like I died and went to heaven!

Old
01-03-2008, 02:41 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmarberrys View Post
It is the most ridiculous thing to say that Malik hasnt given up a lot of goals in his Rangers career. It can be because his lack of ability to clear the zone, giveaways, or just no ability to stop people from getting behind him on the rush. Or maybe fans hate him because he has a huge body but will never lay a solid check on someone. He can barely push someone around in front of Lundqvist.

With all of the goals Malik causes against his own team he must be an offensive powerhouse to be a plus player every season. Last year he must have had 100 points.

True fans consistently boo their own players at home. 2 + 2 = 5.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 02:43 PM
DontStepanMe

How does every thread turn into a thread about Malik.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 02:48 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
How does every thread turn into a thread about Malik.
lol, idk what this thread even has to do with Malik, but yet his name pops up from somewhere

Old
01-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post

damn yuppies

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Fletch

It went...

from spoiled rich kids whose parents bought them seats (didn't know that was the case) to justifying Malik being booed.

Heck, so while we're on it, I actually do not see anything wrong with the booing of a player. If the Rangers come out at home and play sluggish and leave the ice 2-0 at the end of one, the crowd will boo. Are they wrong or bad for doing that, or is that's what is done in most every arena and in most every sport? Booing a player to me is similar to that. I personally don't waste my breath, but don't think those who do it are idiots or spoiled rich kids for doing it either.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 02:55 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Actually I believe most of the people who boo are drunken adults who buy their seats (and alcohol) with their own money...

Old
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Never thought I would ever read those words.
tell me about it.. i loved taking trips up across the border but beh..

Canadian NHL road trip when it goes back down..