HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Columbus BlueJackets @ L.A. Kings 10:30pm EST. 1-3-08

Old
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
ca5150

vCash: 500
Very nice west coast victory!

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Dirtydownshift

Woo hoo. Half the season in the books. 44 points so far and on an 88 point pace. Not quite playoff point levels. However....23 out of remaining 41 games are on the road...lots of work to stay in playoff race.

Dirtydownshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
hardcorejacket29

Send a message via AIM to hardcorejacket29
Eat it kings!!! We own you this year!!! That freaking goal by Osullivan was crazy though...

hardcorejacket29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Hockey Granny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
The game isn't over yet
Yeah, but it doesn't matter. They show highlights of just about every other game ALL night before they're over. It's just like ours doesn't matter or something. Really ticks me off.

Hockey Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:06 AM
KayZee13

How do we change our luck on the road?

KayZee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:07 AM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMcWhiskers View Post
Given this season's rollercoaster status, I am predicting a big fat W for tonight's game. Therefore:

Norrena was extremely sharp tonight.
The defense played well if front of him.
Why can't Nash play like this every game?
Refs almost cost us the game.
Well, I got the Norrena part correct.

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
Woo hoo. Half the season in the books. 44 points so far and on an 88 point pace. Not quite playoff point levels. However....23 out of remaining 41 games are on the road...lots of work to stay in playoff race.
I wanted to post that but ya beat me..... 88 point pace...not bad.

In my mind I said we needed this game to make the playoffs....lol..... I know one thing, we need all the points we can get. We are in good shape folks but we must win on the road, we must be .500 on the road to clinch the 8th spot...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
wildone26*

Much needed win for the team. Funny though I felt much happier about last nights performance in a loss then tonights in a win. The biggest thing is to find a way to come out the winner in the end though.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:11 AM
ca5150

I think if we can get fully healthy and our young guys pick it up a bit, then we are going to be an even better team in the second half. I think Peca proved tonight his value and we have missed him. If Vyborny could regain his form and Modin could come back and contribute, we will be very good down the stretch!

Old
01-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Hockey Granny

Well... HOORAY!!!!!!! And 2 for my all time favorite hockey player, Michael Peca!!!!!

Hockey Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:12 AM
pipe dreams

wow nail biter

pipe dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorejacket29 View Post
here we go.... 6-4.... the jackets looks shaky
That's pretty much the only way you can say, "Same old Jackets," and have it be true. There haven't been many games where they looked confident protecting the lead late in the third.

But yeah, we won, with more than a little luck at the end

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Robert
Foligno family

We also need Peca every night if possible, he does give us that veteran experience....but in his case a veteran who knows how to win....big difference.

Old
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
pipe dreams

Big game for Peca
Nice to see him back

Old
01-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
I think if we can get fully healthy and our young guys pick it up a bit, then we are going to be an even better team in the second half. I think Peca proved tonight his value and we have missed him. If Vyborny could regain his form and Modin could come back and contribute, we will be very good down the stretch!
I'm different than most here.....I'm moving past Modin and Vyborny. We need to win without them and I think we can. If they can come back and contribute that's fine but this team is gelling without those two.... That is a good thing, that is what winning teams do, they win with the players they have and don't dwell on players injured or scratched.....

Old
01-04-2008, 12:17 AM
pipe dreams

Anybody Think Z Is Looking Lazy ? Since His Big Performances?

Old
01-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe dreams View Post
no....not any more than Nash after his trick.... The key is Peca it would seem... Teams can smother Nash most nights and both Nash and Z some nights but they cannot smother all three:Nash, Z and Peca.

Toss in a Novotny and a Boll and there you have it.....a potential playoff type group of players.

Old
01-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe dreams View Post
He hasn't been as effective, no doubt about that. He hasn't been skating as hard to make defensive plays. But I don't call that being lazy. Everyone has highs and lows: you can't get much higher than Z on his 4-point night.

I also wish Hitch hadn't put him and Nash back together, though I'm sure that was more for Nash's benefit than anything else.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:25 AM
The Subdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I'm different than most here.....I'm moving past Modin and Vyborny. We need to win without them and I think we can. If they can come back and contribute that's fine but this team is gelling without those two.... That is a good thing, that is what winning teams do, they win with the players they have and don't dwell on players injured or scratched.....
Absolutely Spot-On Robert.

I've already figured we wouldn't see anything more out of either of them. Vyborny is completely flacid this season, and Modin just doesn't hold an iota of promise.

The team is learning to win without them, and I'm inclined to think that their "return to form" or any attempt at same might be more disruptive than an enhancement.

The Subdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:25 AM
KayZee13

Quote:
no....not any more than Nash after his trick.... The key is Peca it would seem... Teams can smother Nash most nights and both Nash and Z some nights but they cannot smother all three:Nash, Z and Peca.

Toss in a Novotny and a Boll and there you have it.....a potential playoff type group of players.
Yeah- with all the scouts out there (and fans with eyes) they do eventually figure these players out and sort of render them ineffective.

KayZee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:27 AM
ca5150

Quote:
I agree, I have been very hard on Modin especially. But it seems like we need a little more to put us over the edge in those close games and since a trade is probably not going to happen, I'm hoping one or both of those guys can contribute, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't think Modin will ever be healthy again..I started a Modin is a wasted roster spot a month back and was bashed by everyone on the board, but it's looking like I may have been right with him. I still hold out hope for Vyborny though.

Old
01-04-2008, 12:28 AM
anteater90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Disagree with every fiber of my being. Bob Miller is one of the best in the business, and two monkeys wouldn't make me appreciate Rimer and Gare.
Bob Miller is great. I grew up with him in LA and he is wonderful. Jimmy Fox the color guy is a mess and annoying. I tune him out. Miller use to do radio and tv in a simalcast for years. He is amazing.

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:28 AM
pipe dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
He hasn't been as effective, no doubt about that. He hasn't been skating as hard to make defensive plays. But I don't call that being lazy. Everyone has highs and lows: you can't get much higher than Z on his 4-point night.

I also wish Hitch hadn't put him and Nash back together, though I'm sure that was more for Nash's benefit than anything else.
I THOUGHT HE LOOKED GOOD DEFENSIVELY JUST DID NOT SEEM TO BE SKATING THAT HARD

Old
01-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
I agree. The way I see Modin and Vyborny at this point is if they can come back and contribute like past their old selves it's like making a deadline deal without losing anything. If not, were going to have to win without them.

Quote:
We also need Peca every night if possible, he does give us that veteran experience....but in his case a veteran who knows how to win....big difference.
Absolutely. That's what Hitch loves about Peca. Hitch mentioned it on the radio show Wednesday that in order to win on the road the team needs a healthy Peca and Modin for their veteran leadership. Tonight it showed, and having Peca in the lineup was the difference between winning and losing. I want Peca resigned at the end of the year. Tonight was a perfect example of the difference he makes. IMO he is the most important player to our offensive success, and the swagger of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
Much needed win for the team. Funny though I felt much happier about last nights performance in a loss then tonights in a win. The biggest thing is to find a way to come out the winner in the end though.
Yeah, I thought we played better last night than tonight. The only thing that matters though is the 2 points. And luckily, they were able to get them tonight.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 12:42 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Super, we win.... Lindstrom 1+1 and his ice time 11:12, Jared Boll 0+2 and his ice-time 8:11 .

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote