HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Olivier Latendresse

Old
07-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Olivier Latendresse

Does anyone know when the actual Urquhart/Latendresse trade took place? I don't mean the AHL trade that happened during the season, but the NHL trade that went through when the season ended. I'm having a real hard time finding the date.

Does anyone know of a source with a link?

Thanks.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:49 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Does anyone know when the actual Urquhart/Latendresse trade took place? I don't mean the AHL trade that happened during the season, but the NHL trade that went through when the season ended. I'm having a real hard time finding the date.

Thanks.
Wasnt that the NHL trade? Two NHL teams trade prospects and send them to their respective farm teams?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Wasnt that the NHL trade? Two NHL teams trade prospects and send them to their respective farm teams?
Well, I'm not too sure. At the time of the trade, there was an article on the Canadiens' site that said for now it was just an AHL deal, and the actual trade would be announced in the offseason.

I now see Latendresse on the Canadiens' site, but I didn't see any other info on the date he was acquired.

Old
07-15-2008, 09:59 PM
bib
#believe

According to this article, the teams just loaned both players to each other

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app?ar...e&service=page

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
According to this article, the teams just loaned both players to each other

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app?ar...e&service=page
This is what the OP is referring to. At the bottom of the article it states that the trade would be announced at the end of the regular season. So far it has not been announced and I don't see O. Latendresse on the Habs site (prospects section). Although Urquhart isn't listed either.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:13 PM
znk

This is confusing.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
This is what the OP is referring to. At the bottom of the article it states that the trade would be announced at the end of the regular season. So far it has not been announced and I don't see O. Latendresse on the Habs site (prospects section). Although Urquhart isn't listed either.
I noticed he's not listed there either. But he was a week or two ago when I checked - they just didn't have how he was acquired.

Old
07-15-2008, 10:44 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
For several minor NHL signings this offseason, there haven't been any announcements - the players just show up on the roster pages of the team's official site. I'm wondering if, since the players already were swapped for one another (albeit in the AHL), we won't see the same thing here.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Hermamoud

Is it a bit like last year when Hamilton had problems in front of the net, so they loaned Aaron Downey to Providence and they got Philippe Sauvé in return?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 11:06 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

"Le Canadien soutient qu'il s'agit d'un prêt de joueur et non d'une transaction mais qu'Olivier deviendra membre de l'organisation à part entière à la fin de la saison."

He was lent for the time being and is now an official part of this team. That's all I can find myself... sorry dude

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/246076.html

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

While the exact details don't appear to be known, the original "deal" was a loan. However, it appears it just ended up being a regular trade. Cory Urquhart became official property of the Phoenix Coyotes (it appears) and then was not qualified, so he is an unrestricted free agent at this time anyhow. So, the loan back to Montreal could not be completed anyhow, because Urquhart is a UFA.

So, that leads me to believe that it went from loan to official trade when the trading period re-opened (June 7?) and no one really cared that a loan became an official trade, additionally, Phoenix didn't care too much for Urquhart either it seems...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 06:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Thanks.
I don't know the details, but from what I recall, the Habs traded for Latendresse from the Yotes and the payment for getting Lats was a loan of Urquhart. As far as I know, Olivier Latendresse is a Hab and he has one year left on his contract and will be an RFA next summer.

Quote:
I noticed he's not listed there either. But he was a week or two ago when I checked - they just didn't have how he was acquired.
I didn't see his name but I don't often check. The Habs site still hasn't added the '08 draft picks in the prospect section, so maybe they still haven't gotten around to adding Latendresse yet.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote