HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: Leafs and Pens

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan08 View Post
Staal
Fluery
Condition 7th if pittsburgh does not make the playoffs

for

Sundin
Kaberle
Antropov
1st
Mccabe
Toskala
Pogge

Aslong as its Fluery and not Fleury

Last edited by Morozov: 01-04-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old
01-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
typical leafs proposal...
I really hate when posters single out all the fans of one team. So, you've got one Leaf fan who made an unrealistic proposal. That is pretty far from typical of the Leaf fans on this board.

Old
01-05-2008, 05:25 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Rather than sitting here trying to justify your extremely bad trade proposal you should really just give it up. Also no, the Leafs cant put a package together for Staal number one reason being your GM is an idiot. You will have to call your GM teach him how to rebuild through the draft then you can have your own Staals etc.
You mean intentionally tank like your team did for 4 or 5 years? Or do you mean put together such horrid teams that sure you get a good pick but you spit in the fans face for a half decade? Or do you mean drive away the fans and for the third time in your existence almost lose your team? Or do you mean relying on gambling to be able to afford a new arena.

Don't get me started on Pittsburgh's "history"

As for the trade these 2 teams are not good trading partners because Sundin can't put them over the top. Heck Coffey, Fuhr and Gretzky wouldn't put this team over the top with the shoddy defense and goaltending. Sundin will get a very good return at the deadline, and Toskula is not going to be moved due to a lack of any sort of replacement and MAF is still very questionable due to the way he was brought up by the Pens WAY to early on garbage teams.

As for Staal, seriously this kid is overrated to the point of no return. Yes he is good and maybe one day he can be great but he is far from a sure thing and the Leafs are in need of something sure. And if you don't think the Leafs can put together a package to obtain a Staal (as far as talent) then I'd like whatever the heck you are smoking

Old
01-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
You came into this thread with an absolutely horrible trade proposal, then followed it up by trying to argue with me based on things I didnt even say to support your argument. Why dont you go and get an education or something, while your at it learn something about hockey.
Ya Pittsburgh never make horrible deals

Jaromir Jagr for Kris Beech, Michal Sivek and Ross Lupaschuck

Oh thats right they were intentionally tanking at that time, I forgot. Hey, how did those young "potential" players turn out?

Old
01-05-2008, 05:34 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

While the deal makes Pittsburgh better RIGHT NOW, they aren't in a position where they have to win right now. A lot of people have unrealistic expectations about the Penguins, just like they do about the Sharks. Both teams are extremely young, and with their core players locked up long-term, they have 3+ years (even longer in Pittsburgh's case) to win it all. It's not over if they don't win it this season, and they won't make stupid deals that jeopardize their future.

While I don't think Staal will be a superstar, I think of him as a Rod Brind'Amour type, someone who is very, very valuable to his team. No dice for the Penguins.

Old
01-05-2008, 05:37 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
You mean intentionally tank like your team did for 4 or 5 years? Or do you mean put together such horrid teams that sure you get a good pick but you spit in the fans face for a half decade? Or do you mean drive away the fans and for the third time in your existence almost lose your team? Or do you mean relying on gambling to be able to afford a new arena.

Lol yeh we were really tanking, did you even see the horrible players we had at that point? we started losing because we couldnt afford to pay Kovalev etc and Jagr was dieing alive. Also how were any of the fans faces spat on? do you see any Pens fans complaining? we got our two cups, we had a very very very long record of making the playoffs, we crapped out for a few years rebuilt and now have the best player in the world. Meanwhile what have the Leafs done? continued to throw teams that are just capable of making the playoffs but not making any real charge at the cup? when was the last time you had a cup? if anyones fans are being spat on its the Leafs and the inability to realise a rebuild is in order while making stupid trades like the Raycroft one lol.

Don't get me started on Pittsburgh's "history"

Is that because Pittsburgh actually has cup wins that the majority of the board can remember?

As for the trade these 2 teams are not good trading partners because Sundin can't put them over the top. Heck Coffey, Fuhr and Gretzky wouldn't put this team over the top with the shoddy defense and goaltending. Sundin will get a very good return at the deadline, and Toskula is not going to be moved due to a lack of any sort of replacement and MAF is still very questionable due to the way he was brought up by the Pens WAY to early on garbage teams.

So you admit our teams were "garbage" yet we were also tanking? make up your mind

As for Staal, seriously this kid is overrated to the point of no return. Yes he is good and maybe one day he can be great but he is far from a sure thing and the Leafs are in need of something sure. And if you don't think the Leafs can put together a package to obtain a Staal (as far as talent) then I'd like whatever the heck you are smoking
He had 29 goals as an 18 year old he deserves his hype. Not many 18/19 year olds are sure things lol, to say he isnt a sure thing isnt some miracle insight on your behalf. Also no, the Leafs CANT put a package together for Staal, you have nothing we want that would make us deal him, do you have a mean top 3 defensive defenseman ? no, do you have a stud winger to play with Sid? no you dont, meaning NO the Leafs can not put together a package to obtain Staal.

Old
01-05-2008, 05:39 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Ya Pittsburgh never make horrible deals

Jaromir Jagr for Kris Beech, Michal Sivek and Ross Lupaschuck

Oh thats right they were intentionally tanking at that time, I forgot. Hey, how did those young "potential" players turn out?
Lol so now your comparing a trade made under very different circumstances where the face of the franchise forced his way off the team to a proposal on an internet message board?

How were we intentionally tanking when Jagr forced himself out of the city? do you think the Pens wanted to trade him lol. Are you really this stupid? when was the Leafs last cup?

Old
01-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Evilo

OK, I think we should close this, nothing good will come out of this.

Closed Thread