HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brind'Amour

Old
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Number13

vCash: 500
Brind'Amour

Hey so what's with Brind'Amour lately? He had a pretty quiet month in December. Just wondering if he's playing injured, getting less minutes or what.

Number13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
rgmarsh

I'm of the opinion that they've ridden him a little too hard, or he's put too much pressure on himself - he's always gone through dead spells, though, and he does play hurt a lot, so I don't think anything is really wrong or anything.

rgmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

Losing Williams certainly hasn't helped.

01-04-2008, 11:59 PM
ANTON HIS HOLINESS

Williams, a valuable linemate of his, is hurt and won't return the rest of the year. Also, the team as a whole is not playing as good as they'd like, so obviously certain players are going to struggle. Brind'Amour is still a valuable faceoff man and penalty killer, so it's not like he's useless or anything. That's what's wonderful about him, if he struggles in one area, he's still important to us in another

ANTON HIS HOLINESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Brind'Amour has been a hot and cold player his whole career. He'll have a torrid pace for points and then fall off. It makes it easier that he is so good in every other aspect of the game but this is to be expected. I'm not sure anybody thought he was going to hold that 120 point pace for very long.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Blues077

Hey if you guys don't want him, I'd be glad to see him back with the Blues.

Blues077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 04:44 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Heh, he's one of two players on this roster I just flat out can't see being traded, period.

Eric Staal is the other one.

That said, we'll be glad to take Barret Jackman off your hands if you think you'll have a hard time re-signing him

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever View Post
I'm not sure anybody thought he was going to hold that 120 point pace for very long.
no, but he is going at the 20 pt rate in the last month?

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 07:48 PM
rgmarsh

losing williams didn't help but if you recall williams wasn't exactly lighting it up either for the stretch up until he got hurt - 5 points in his last 13 games, no goals.

rgmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
I'm still waiting on that 1100th career point. It's taking it's sweet time getting here.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

The reasons listed are all good ones, but there are two others I can't rule out, to be completely honest:

1. He is playing through an injury.
2. Father Time is finally starting to catch up with him.

I think 1 more likely than 2.

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
Hey so what's with Brind'Amour lately? He had a pretty quiet month in December. Just wondering if he's playing injured, getting less minutes or what.
no idea what his problem REALLY is, but he has been off for a while. he has 2 points (1g, 1a) in his last 10 games, and only 7 points (4g, 3a) in his last 20 games. Stiller's inconsistency is equal to Brindy's too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach - #1 Canes Fan View Post
Williams, a valuable linemate of his, is hurt and won't return the rest of the year. Also, the team as a whole is not playing as good as they'd like, so obviously certain players are going to struggle. Brind'Amour is still a valuable faceoff man and penalty killer, so it's not like he's useless or anything. That's what's wonderful about him, if he struggles in one area, he's still important to us in another
Williams is an asset to Brindy, but you cant blame him solely. not that you are, but just saying.

as far as the team itself, they are playing VERY well lately, minus the NJ game. they are learning to play with who they have. when we get all of our guys back, we will be a hard team to beat I feel. especially if they can all stay healthy.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 06:17 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Brindy is on pace to win between 1200 and 1300 faceoffs this year... remarkable. The next closest player insn't even really close. Looks like he will dominate this category this season as usual.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 12:09 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Brindy will come back..he's too much of a character guy.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

another invisible game for Brindy. yeah he got the assist last night, but other than that he was no where to be found. no idea why he is in this slump but I sure hope he gets out of it.

Old
01-13-2008, 02:51 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusiouxcanesguy View Post
another invisible game for Brindy. yeah he got the assist last night, but other than that he was no where to be found. no idea why he is in this slump but I sure hope he gets out of it.
This is ridiculous.

How do you know he was invisible?
Have you been at the game? Have you watched it on TV?
COrrect me if i am wrong but I believe all you did was listening to Chuck. Did Chuck ever say Rod was invisible? I believe he did not.
So, What do you base your statement on?

I watched the game and Samsonov-Brindy-Cole line was quite visible, in fact were best line out there.

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonk View Post
This is ridiculous.

How do you know he was invisible?
Have you been at the game? Have you watched it on TV?
COrrect me if i am wrong but I believe all you did was listening to Chuck. Did Chuck ever say Rod was invisible? I believe he did not.
So, What do you base your statement on?

I watched the game and Samsonov-Brindy-Cole line was quite visible, in fact were best line out there.
one can be invisible without having to be seen. I didn't literally mean invisible. Brindy wasn't mentioned hardly AT ALL last night by Chuck when calling plays. Yes that line was probably the best out there, but that had to be because of Sammy and Cole.

In addition, I was talking not ONLY about last night, but about the last, well, many games for him. Until he starts really making plays himself and getting goals, I don't think he will be the same.

Last edited by caniacgirl12: 01-14-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old
01-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonk View Post
Calm down?

oh, trust me i am relaxed and have other things to worry about.
alright, then do so please. thanks.

Old
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
canesnecu

Quote:
one can be invisible without having to be seen. I didn't literally mean invisible. Brindy wasn't mentioned hardly AT ALL last night by Chuck when calling plays. Yes that line was probably the best out there, but that had to be because of Sammy and Cole.

In addition, I was talking not ONLY about last night, but about the last, well, many games for him. Until he starts really making plays himself and getting goals, I don't think he will be the same.
How do you pass judgement on a player when you didn't see play with your own eyes? Brindy was very visible for the first two periods with the Avs, in fact, it was probably his best game in awhile and like the rest of the team, he disappeared in the third.

How many games do you actually see with your own eyes?

Last edited by caniacgirl12: 01-14-2008 at 07:06 PM.
canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesnecu View Post
How do you pass judgement on a player when you didn't see play with your own eyes? Brindy was very visible for the first two periods with the Avs, in fact, it was probably his best game in awhile and like the rest of the team, he disappeared in the third.

How many games do you actually see with your own eyes?
ok, so I didnt physically see that game with my own eyes, but I used to rely on Chuck and Chuck only for my games and when I was able to see the games too, you could see that what he said and the names he mentioned directly corresponded to those doing good things. considering he didn't say Brindy's name much the whole game, I guess I made the MISTAKE of assuming he was invisible again. and I watch all games that come on FSN with my own eyes.

and btw, how can YOU pass judgement on what I say and/or do. since when were you my fiance

Last edited by caniacgirl12: 01-14-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
canesnecu

Quote:
ok, so I didnt physically see that game with my own eyes, but I used to rely on Chuck and Chuck only for my games and when I was able to see the games too, you could see that what he said and the names he mentioned directly corresponded to those doing good things. considering he didn't say Brindy's name much the whole game, I guess I made the MISTAKE of assuming he was invisible again. and I watch all games that come on FSN with my own eyes.

and btw, how can YOU pass judgement on what I say and/or do. since when were you my fiance
Good advice for me. Here's a little for you....

Before adding your 2cents to EVERY thread on the board, maybe think a little bit and ask yourself if what ur posting is based on any kind of fact or knowlege. You spend a lot of time backpeddling when someone calls you out on ur post which could all be avoided if u took some time to understand the facts of a thread first.

Maybe then youll feel a little less judged by me or anyone else.

Last edited by caniacgirl12: 01-14-2008 at 07:07 PM.
canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Ahem. Lots of passion on the boards lately. You all are on double secret probation.

01-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Sniper 77

If I may, I would like to redirect this thread back to Mr. Rod Brind'Amour. I hope that is cool with everybody.
Number 13's original post poses a very good question about Roddy, and there are many very good answers here. Thank you for that!
Personally, I will agree that the man is multi-faceted on the ice, and that he is very good at everything he does.
Athletes have slumps, and they snap out of them. They are still good athletes even if they are slumping a little.
There is one area where Rod will never slump: His Captaincy. His leadership ability is one more asset to the long list he brings to the team. #17 rocks!

S77

Sniper 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Rebel

Am just speculating here but he wasn't producing towards the end of last season either and then it was made public that he had been playing injured for a while. I wouldn't doubt it if he was going through another stretch like that.

Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
Am just speculating here but he wasn't producing towards the end of last season either and then it was made public that he had been playing injured for a while. I wouldn't doubt it if he was going through another stretch like that.
yeah you are right, that is true. i would say he has been hurt for a while. we never did find out where that shiner came from under his eye. that may be only the least of his problems, but yeah. I am sure we will hear this. however, you can't blame 2/3 of a season on an injury like that. if an injury bothers you that much, you shouldnt be playing at all.