HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumor: Bondra to Sens

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2004, 05:38 PM
ATG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
did he say when he was going to trade gonchar to the leafs ?
we can only hope.And to all the sens fans who think their going to fleece washington for bondra Bob mckenzie says think again.Mckenzie just stated that if the sens want bondra they will have to give up alot more

Old
01-23-2004, 05:39 PM
ATG

To all the sens fans who think their going to fleece washington for bondra, Bob mckenzie says think again.Mckenzie just stated that if the sens want bondra they will have to give up alot more

Old
01-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Mothra

Quote:
did he say when he was going to trade gonchar to the leafs ?
.....one track mind......

Old
01-23-2004, 05:43 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

since this deal hasnt happened?

gawd

Old
01-23-2004, 05:44 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo's house
To all the sens fans who think their going to fleece washington for bondra, Bob mckenzie says think again.Mckenzie just stated that if the sens want bondra they will have to give up alot more
good

Old
01-23-2004, 05:46 PM
transplant99

If the word "cap" i coming from the mouth of even this guy, I think its very safe to assume that a "cap" will be the only situation that the NHL will allow in these negotiations.

Seriously, Leonsis using that term alone...is a news story.

Old
01-23-2004, 05:46 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

they thought they were getting bondra and they end up getting charlie stephens

Old
01-23-2004, 05:49 PM
ATG

Quote:
they thought they were getting bondra and they end up getting charlie stephens
Man haven't you seen stephens play he's slapshot is incredible except it never hits the net

Old
01-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
A cap isn't dooms day, it will save the NHL and cities like Washigton their teams.
.......doomsday as far as no hockey for a while.......

Old
01-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99
If the word "cap" i coming from the mouth of even this guy, I think its very safe to assume that a "cap" will be the only situation that the NHL will allow in these negotiations.

i was something like this......

"for lack of a better word cap......we will be under it"

he did say "lack of a better word"....but to continue and say "being under it"...I thought it was significant.....

Old
01-23-2004, 06:14 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99

hell the caps are the poster team for a salary cap. they could be competitive but could not threaten to win a cup as a small market team. they attempted to spend with the teams that do win the cups and crashed and burned while trying that.

the capitals like many teams have little if any access to high profile players on the open market because they would only sign with the high profile teams. even when they have the money high profile players wouldnt take it. jagr was not the player they wanted. it was roenick, who snubbed the caps $8m offer to sign with the flyers for $7m. he said he was not interested in a low profile hockey market.

Old
01-23-2004, 06:26 PM
dats-13

Ottawa is absolutely stacked on right wing as it is....think about it

If Bondra gets dealt it won't be to the sens...

Old
01-23-2004, 06:36 PM
hardcore_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
Ottawa is absolutely stacked on right wing as it is....think about it

If Bondra gets dealt it won't be to the sens...
But in Ottawa he'd play LW where we are anything but stacked.

Old
01-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
just merging for house keeping purposes.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
01-23-2004, 06:51 PM
TexSen

Hmmmm. Bondra is in the lineup for the Caps tonight. Guess that deal didn't go through today huh?

Curiously Jagr's name is missing from the lineup.

Old
01-23-2004, 07:15 PM
LHJMQ MASTER

Send a message via ICQ to LHJMQ MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen
Hmmmm. Bondra is in the lineup for the Caps tonight. Guess that deal didn't go through today huh?

Curiously Jagr's name is missing from the lineup.
Just seen it on the ticker on sports net and Caps owner agreed to the deal.

Old
01-23-2004, 07:21 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore_fan
But in Ottawa he'd play LW where we are anything but stacked.
The onlt time I have seen Bondra play left wing was in the final few minutes of the game were they need a goal (Bondra-Lang-Jagr) and even with those skilled linemates he doesn't look comfortable....

Old
01-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
The onlt time I have seen Bondra play left wing was in the final few minutes of the game were they need a goal (Bondra-Lang-Jagr) and even with those skilled linemates he doesn't look comfortable....
Then you haven't watched many Caps games. Bondra has been playing the left wing for about two years now. He has only briefly skated with Lang and Jagr. He usually skates with Zubrus, and often Grier. Zuburs centers and Grier plays the right side.

Old
01-23-2004, 07:31 PM
btmarshall

vCash:
RE: This thread title...

In discussing the Jagr trade late today, Leonsis has come flat out on radio and said the earlier rumors today of a Bondra-Hnidy trade are not true, as has the GM. Obviously Bondra is the subject of spirited trade discussions, but numerous teams are said to be involved, and the now-completed Jagr trade gives them some room to consider what to do next, evaluate strategies, etc. They could opt to trade their other stars soon, or wait a while for league-wide interest to build. Either way, I'm a little surprised that a knee-jerk reaction Bondra-for-Hnidy rumor from earlier this morning is still up as the stickied thread. Is this... really an accurate reflection of the reality now? Doesn't seem to be the case. Shrug. Not a big deal, just a little odd.

Old
01-23-2004, 07:48 PM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmarshall
RE: This thread title...

In discussing the Jagr trade late today, Leonsis has come flat out on radio and said the earlier rumors today of a Bondra-Hnidy trade are not true, as has the GM. Obviously Bondra is the subject of spirited trade discussions, but numerous teams are said to be involved, and the now-completed Jagr trade gives them some room to consider what to do next, evaluate strategies, etc. They could opt to trade their other stars soon, or wait a while for league-wide interest to build. Either way, I'm a little surprised that a knee-jerk reaction Bondra-for-Hnidy rumor from earlier this morning is still up as the stickied thread. Is this... really an accurate reflection of the reality now? Doesn't seem to be the case. Shrug. Not a big deal, just a little odd.
I kind of agree. However the caps should cut loose everyone now and get in on the ovechkin sweepstakes.

BTW, you can't always beleive what owners/Gms have to say, it was only days ago that Sather violently denied trying to get Jagr.

Old
01-23-2004, 08:29 PM
I_r_1337

Bondra did not return to the bench after he went into the locker room at the end of the first period.. there was no apparent health problem. Could a deal have went down DURRING the game? The Washington commentators said "Uh-oh on a day like today when Jagr was moved could Bondra be going too?"...Just speculation of course but odd he wasn't injuried and isn't playing.

Old
01-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
I kind of agree. However the caps should cut loose everyone now and get in on the ovechkin sweepstakes.

BTW, you can't always beleive what owners/Gms have to say, it was only days ago that Sather violently denied trying to get Jagr.
who did sather punch?

Old
01-23-2004, 08:50 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
If Bondra is traded to the Sens I found a team to cheer for in the playoffs

I just hope they dont end up playing the Thrashers...

<----Anyone like the pic?

Old
01-23-2004, 09:01 PM
btmarshall

vCash:
Oh, I think Bondra and the rest of the stars will all be traded. No question. I'm actually happy about it, because the $50 million team was going nowhere and was threatening to win a few games. I want the Caps to finish dead last, or at worst third from last. I will be thrilled with any of Ovechkin, Malkin or Barker.

My question is why does this consolidated Bondra trade thread say, "Bondra for Hnidy?" No one really expects him to go for so little, not anymore. That was a questionable trade rumor from the start.

Old
01-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
Then you haven't watched many Caps games. Bondra has been playing the left wing for about two years now. He has only briefly skated with Lang and Jagr. He usually skates with Zubrus, and often Grier. Zuburs centers and Grier plays the right side.
Yeah, Bondra's been a LW for a while now. He'd do pretty decent with Hoosa and Bonk/Spezza.

Closed Thread