HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Darryl Sydor a "hot commodity:" Bill Watters

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
So you're saying if Burke got the call offering Sydor for Umberger, he'd hang up the phone?
Considering Sydor's salary and contract, yes, no doubt in my mind.

Burke has taken a stand with Umberger. We may not agree with it, but Burke is the guy that runs the team. He has stated that if Umbeger is dealt, the Canucks will never sign another 1st round pick as long as he is the GM. Take it for what it's worth, but Burke just doesn't make those types of statements and go back on his word.

Old
01-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Erack82

Send a message via AIM to Erack82
Quote:
Would Tampa do Polushin or Svitov straight up for Sydor?
I don't think Tampa would trade Polushin AND Svitov. For a top-4 defensemen I guess you never know. What is Darryl Sydors contract anyways?

Also, what is Columbus really be looking for, draft picks, prospects, veterans??

Old
01-25-2004, 09:08 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erack82
I don't think Tampa would trade Polushin AND Svitov. For a top-4 defensemen I guess you never know. What is Darryl Sydors contract anyways?

Also, what is Columbus really be looking for, draft picks, prospects, veterans??
I don't think Tampa would trade BOTH Polushin and Svitov for Sydor either -- though if that was an offer for Sydor, then yipeeeee. I'd sure love to see one of them come to the CBJ though.

Columbus is going to be looking for prospects and draft picks. The team has enough vets and enough role players.

Sydor's contract, I believe has two years left and is in the $3-$4 million range.

Old
01-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Erack82

Send a message via AIM to Erack82
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
I don't think Tampa would trade BOTH Polushin and Svitov for Sydor either -- though if that was an offer for Sydor, then yipeeeee. I'd sure love to see one of them come to the CBJ though.

Columbus is going to be looking for prospects and draft picks. The team has enough vets and enough role players.

Sydor's contract, I believe has two years left and is in the $3-$4 million range.
That contract might be a bit too pricey. But Feaster apparently has been given the green light to bolster up the lineup for the playoff push.

Any way we can snag Fritsche? :p

Old
01-26-2004, 03:36 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erack82
That contract might be a bit too pricey. But Feaster apparently has been given the green light to bolster up the lineup for the playoff push.

Any way we can snag Fritsche? :p
Yeah, the contract is certainly an issue. I bet you could get Sydor without giving up a roster player though.
As for Fritsche? I think we'll keep him.

Old
01-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Timmy1973

Looking at the money the Lightning throw at Kubina and Boyle, another $1M isn't a lot of money in light of ownership giving the green light to spending some more. Sydor is a lefty, could help the powerplay, log 22-23 minutes a game and has considerable post season experience. At 31, Sydor could be around for a few more years to help anchor the D. If Sydor could be gotten for picks, then I'd try to go that route. Polushin is a nice prospect, but I would consider making a deal for Sydor. I would also venture a guess to say that the Lightning are betting on another post season of two rounds to help lessen financial losses. Sydor would help us do that, Polushin wouldn't.

Closed Thread