HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Cities with Local Sports Radio Internet Listening List

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2003, 06:20 PM
CoyoteBaloney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25
The Kings were on 1110 KSPN Then switched with Disney Radio so now they have their games on 710 KSPN
Will they disect a trade when it happens??? And do they have On-Line Listening?

Old
08-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteTony
Will they disect a trade when it happens??? And do they have On-Line Listening?
KSPN Which is the offical Kings Radio Station doesn't have on-line Listening that is why I gave that other link

To be honest they do an OK Job. They have a guy that works at the station that loves kings hockey not a DJ or anything an employee and always works for the Kings. They actually Call him Gay Dave and he knows what he is talking about. But if the Kings do well in the Playoffs like 3 Years ago. It was all they talked about. Kings suck and it's Laker talk. And it's Laker talk half the time anyway. My Dad listen everyday and wants to throw the radio out the car because it's all Kobe Kobe Kobe.

Old
08-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Grizzly Adams

SJ Sharks - KFOX www.kfox.com
All I know is that they brodcast the games.

Old
08-08-2003, 05:00 PM
CoyoteBaloney

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelobster
Not interested in game broadcasts ... we all know that NHL.com broadcast every game. We are interested in any on-line listening local sports radio show from the area so that when a trade happens between your team and my team we can listen to the other perspective and if the station has an 800 number maybe even think about calling in.

WHERE THE HECK ARE THE BOSTON BRUINS FANS???

Old
08-12-2003, 06:01 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Not interested in game broadcasts ... we all know that NHL.com broadcast every game. We are interested in any on-line listening local sports radio show from the area so that when a trade happens between your team and my team we can listen to the other perspective and if the station has an 800 number maybe even think about calling in.

We're around, CT... just nothing more to add to this topic, since there isn't a sports talk radio show in the Boston area that offers an internet feed.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
08-12-2003, 02:09 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:

I know you posted on the NYI board. But we have two stations. WFAN - which is everything BUT hockey - seriously hockey is kept to the bare minimum b/c the two idiots that are on the show don't know. but they can tell you the color of Soriano's g-string.

Also, NYI are on ESPN Radio - nothing streaming from there. Plus, you may get about 40 mins before game so chat, but not much else.

For NYI, you have to check isles website for appearences since hockey is not the focus in NY

Old
08-13-2003, 07:39 AM
CoyoteBaloney

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
We're around, CT... just nothing more to add to this topic, since there isn't a sports talk radio show in the Boston area that offers an internet feed.
disgusting

Old
08-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
dont the avs have the fan590 or something like that in denver?

Old
08-13-2003, 08:49 AM
BChockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
How about

http://www.1510thezone.com/

They call themselves Boston's Sports Station; the Listen Live! link is on the left hand side. Hopefully there'll be some Bruins talk when training camp starts.

Old
08-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackf72
dont the avs have the fan590 or something like that in denver?
950 The Fan is the Avs flagship station, but they don't have a live internet broadcast.

Old
08-13-2003, 10:39 AM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
950 The Fan is the Avs flagship station, but they don't have a live internet broadcast.

oh yea 950 not 590

590 is in toronto :p

Old
08-13-2003, 10:50 AM
mage23

Send a message via ICQ to mage23 Send a message via AIM to mage23 Send a message via MSN to mage23 Send a message via Yahoo to mage23
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelobster
The two main sports stations in the SF Bay Area are KNBR680 and KNBR 1050 (http://www.knbr.com/). They hardly ever talk hockey -- even during the season, though they did have Sharks TV Color Guy Drew Remenda on as a co-host of the afternoon show for 3 days last week.

If there's a trade, they will report it... and they'd probably have sound bytes from the Sharks (like from GM Doug Wilson), but don't count on any analysis from the hosts...

Old
08-22-2003, 07:42 AM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Unless Ive been living under a rock lately and i dont think i have, team990 doesnt cover and mtl games. CJAD cover the games (http://www.cjad.com). However, if you want to listen in, you have to install a proggie. It sucks, I know.

Old
08-25-2003, 06:53 PM
Blueline29

Forgot to mention this earlier, but KTRS in St. Louis has a very good hockey show on Friday evenings once the season starts--it's called The Battler and the Broadcaster and is hosted by the Blues' radio p-b-p guys, Kelly Chase and Chris Kerber. They'll usually have Barry Melrose on for part of the show and Darren Dutchyshen (sp?) is on and does a kind of rundown of news/rumors throughout the league for probably 10-15 minutes, which is pretty interesting. I can't remember the exact times the show's on, but I wanna say it's something like 6:30-8 or 6:30-9 pm central time.

Old
09-04-2003, 10:18 AM
Habfansincebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanks85
Unless Ive been living under a rock lately and i dont think i have, team990 doesnt cover and mtl games. CJAD cover the games (http://www.cjad.com). However, if you want to listen in, you have to install a proggie. It sucks, I know.
Team 990 is what you want for talk about hockey and the habs. If anything hockeywise happens regarding the habs, team 990 will analyze it to death. The local shows are actually pretty entertaining and they get great guests like Pierre McGuire and Jacques Demers. The morning and afternoon drive shows as well as SpotsRage in the evening will have the best current habs talk. The rest is piped in crap from ESPN radio and other syndicated programs. CJAD is not a sports station per se, but it does broadcast the hab games which you can listen to on nhl.com anyways.

Old
09-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Spaceace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline29
Forgot to mention this earlier, but KTRS in St. Louis has a very good hockey show on Friday evenings once the season starts--it's called The Battler and the Broadcaster and is hosted by the Blues' radio p-b-p guys, Kelly Chase and Chris Kerber. They'll usually have Barry Melrose on for part of the show and Darren Dutchyshen (sp?) is on and does a kind of rundown of news/rumors throughout the league for probably 10-15 minutes, which is pretty interesting. I can't remember the exact times the show's on, but I wanna say it's something like 6:30-8 or 6:30-9 pm central time.
I love Chaser & Kerber;they are by no means homers like the Avs' play-by-play guys are. Speaking of the Avs' p-b-p guys,they are the CORNIEST losers ever to announce a hockey game.

Old
09-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Spaceace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline29
FYI, the main sports station in St. Louis doesn't offer free online streaming audio anymore. The link that I posted is for KTRS, the broadcast station for Blues games, and their sports show is usually on from 6-9 pm CDT during the week.
Would that happen to be KMOX?? When I finally got a pc,I went to their website hoping to hear St. Louis news,sports,commercials,etc. (I've been away from the Gateway City since March '96). But I don't think they EVER had their station streaming. At their website, KTRS stopped streaming the Blues games during the season last year I think. You had to go to NHL.com & click on the Radio link,THEN click on the KTRS' webcast;it was a pain. The webcast from the station's website itself was clearer & louder,& didn't break up as much.

Old
09-18-2003, 06:56 PM
buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure
Every Stars game is broadcasted on WBAP 820 AM. Here's the URL. Click listen.

http://www.wbap.com/listenlive.asp
Unfortunately, they don't do the preseason games. Already been to WBAP tonight and not doing the game, just updating the scores on www.dallasstars.com.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:51 AM
CoyoteBaloney

Good to see this thread still going strong. As long as the sports radio show/station has internet listening capabilities it fits into this thread.

I heard from a friend Friday AM that an Ottawa show were making up some rumours. I loved listening in to show and hearing the Havlat for Doan ideas and knowing that it was the show who started that rumour and was totally unfounded ... and what they had to say about Doan.

thx for the thoroughness of the thread.

Old
10-06-2003, 12:08 AM
vroom96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25
This Radio Station covers both the Kings and the Ducks and JS the *** does the Commericials for them. But It sucks and not worth listening to anyway because right now they care more about Kobe and the Dodgers crappy Crappy Crappy hitting

XTRA Sports 690 1150
Another jealous Kings fan with nothing better to say

BTW, the Ducks flagship station has been changed to Mighty 1090. Their previous crappy carrier got bought out by a Mexican station. Thank goodness because 1090 has a much stronger signal. I think for games where the station has a scheduling conflict, those will be on XTRA Sports 690.

Old
10-06-2003, 10:16 AM
Blueline29

Quote:
Originally Posted by weight39
Would that happen to be KMOX?? When I finally got a pc,I went to their website hoping to hear St. Louis news,sports,commercials,etc. (I've been away from the Gateway City since March '96). But I don't think they EVER had their station streaming. At their website, KTRS stopped streaming the Blues games during the season last year I think. You had to go to NHL.com & click on the Radio link,THEN click on the KTRS' webcast;it was a pain. The webcast from the station's website itself was clearer & louder,& didn't break up as much.
Sorry I didn't see this till just now....

KMOX no longer does any of the Blues' broadcasts; they're solely handled by KTRS. To the best of my knowledge, KMOX doesn't offer any kind of streaming--I remember going to their site 2 summers ago, hoping to be able to catch some of the on-air Jack Buck tributes while I was stuck at work, but no dice. As for KTRS, they had some kind of issue with their streaming last season (I think) at some point; unfortunately, I don't know too much about it because it didn't affect me because I'm local. They do offer streaming of games now, though, and as far as I know, they offer free streaming pretty much around the clock. That means that if you so choose, you can tune into the postgame shows, some of which will feature Bobby Plager (read: guaranteed hilarity).

Old
10-08-2003, 10:22 PM
FlyerCub

Hello, all...this is my first post on the board. I saw the Philadelphia segment of this list looked empty, but I can help out.

Neither of the sports radio stations, 610 WIP or ESPN 920, stream over the internet, but Bill Clement hosts a weekly radio show, "Bill Clement's Hockey World" from 6-7 p.m. on Mondays on WBCB 1490. He usually has a Flyer on as a guest, or a media personality like Al Morganti or one of the Flyers broadcasters. WBCB has an internet feed that can be accessed at http://www.wbcb1490.com/listenlive.htm and there's a page about the show at http://www.wbcb1490.com/hockey.htm.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:05 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Hey, Sotnos. It looks like 620 WDAE in Tampa has its stream back, so you can listen to Bolts games again on the Web.

http://www.620wdae.com/listenlive.html

Old
10-25-2003, 06:31 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
Hey, Sotnos. It looks like 620 WDAE in Tampa has its stream back, so you can listen to Bolts games again on the Web.

http://www.620wdae.com/listenlive.html
Thanks joe, I've been meaning to post that and kept forgetting!

For anyone who's interested, there is a Bolts radio call-in show on from 7-9 PM on Wednesday nights when the Bolts aren't playing. It's hosted by our radio and TV announcers and usually includes player and coach interviews. GM Jay Feaster is also a frequent guest after something "big" has gone down.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:46 AM
CoyoteBaloney

Just to refresh ...

This thread is not about what stations play the games over the internet. We can always get the games at NHL.com. This thread is about listening in to local sports radio shows that will disect trades and other moves for fans across north america.

example: The Coyotes games can be heard on 1060 KDUS. KDUS does not have internet streamming so you cannot listen anything they broadcast. But another local sports radio show, XTRA Sports 910 does have internet streamming. If the Coyotes make a trade with the Columbus, Blue Jacket fans can tune into XTRA Sports 910 and listen to what Phx fans are saying about the trade and get a better idea of the players involved ... and visa versa.

Closed Thread