HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many all stars do the Flyers get?

View Poll Results: How many all stars will the flyers have in the ASG
0 (Pitkanen in YoungStars game) 2 18.18%
1 (Jeremy Roenick) 1 9.09%
2 7 63.64%
3 1 9.09%
4+ 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2004, 05:42 PM
  #1
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,055
vCash: 1045
How many all stars do the Flyers get?

The Flyers are 2nd in the conference, and with the rosters being announced tonight, i was wondering how many people think the flyers will be repped by more than one person.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 05:56 PM
  #2
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
Could 2 be JR and Pitkanen in the Young Stars Game? Or would that still be 1 because Pitkanen is 0?

Dr Love is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 06:01 PM
  #3
Toonces
The beer kitty
 
Toonces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
Roenick will get the nod, and would argue that Pitkanen get seleted as well, and not just for the young stars game.

Toonces is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 06:08 PM
  #4
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,055
vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
Roenick will get the nod, and would argue that Pitkanen get seleted as well, and not just for the young stars game.

Wishful thinking. Pitkanen has no shot at the all star game, I don't think any Flyers d-man will go.

GKJ is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 06:52 PM
  #5
Toonces
The beer kitty
 
Toonces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Wishful thinking. Pitkanen has no shot at the all star game, I don't think any Flyers d-man will go.
Yeah, I'm a homer.

Toonces is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 07:16 PM
  #6
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,055
vCash: 1045
The answer is 2



How does Keith Primeau get to be an all star over Valeri Bure, Marc Savard and Patrik Elias?


C'mon, I'm not a big fan of Primeau, and I think he is way overrated because he produces NO offense. I don't care what anyone says, THERE IS NO justified logic as to why Keith Primeau is going. None.

I don't want to sound big headed, but language arts skills tell you that what I just said is in fact an opinion. This is the first time I disagree with that lesson. This is a fact - Keith Primeau is not an all star. There are more deserving players on his own team.

GKJ is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 07:19 PM
  #7
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,895
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
The answer is 2



How does Keith Primeau get to be an all star over Valeri Bure, Marc Savard and Patrik Elias?


C'mon, I'm not a big fan of Primeau, and I think he is way overrated because he produces NO offense. I don't care what anyone says, THERE IS NO justified logic as to why Keith Primeau is going. None.

I don't want to sound big headed, but language arts skills tell you that what I just said is in fact an opinion. This is the first time I disagree with that lesson. This is a fact - Keith Primeau is not an all star. There are more deserving players on his own team.
I couldn't agree more. Is Hitchcock coaching the team or something?

Rattrick is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 09:43 AM
  #8
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Horsham (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
The answer is 2



How does Keith Primeau get to be an all star over Valeri Bure, Marc Savard and Patrik Elias?


C'mon, I'm not a big fan of Primeau, and I think he is way overrated because he produces NO offense. I don't care what anyone says, THERE IS NO justified logic as to why Keith Primeau is going. None.

I don't want to sound big headed, but language arts skills tell you that what I just said is in fact an opinion. This is the first time I disagree with that lesson. This is a fact - Keith Primeau is not an all star. There are more deserving players on his own team.
I hear ya. This is such a joke. He has no business going to Min

Cuiff is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 09:48 AM
  #9
Flyers26
 
Flyers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: We must accept disap
Country: United States
Posts: 7,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
I couldn't agree more. Is Hitchcock coaching the team or something?
Hitch is an assistant, thus welccome aboard Keith!

Flyers26 is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 11:26 AM
  #10
Fire Bobby Clarke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
Hitch is an assistant, thus welccome aboard Keith!
First of all coaches do not pick the reserves...Colin Cambell and other NHL big wigs do, si it has nothing to do with Hitchcock.

And in no way is Primeau overrated, he is arguably are best player. Sure he doesn't put up the stats that JR does, but he is our best defensive forward by far, our best forechecker, our best leader, besides the addition of Markov he is our best hitter and is the harest working Flyer on the ice.

If the Flyers went a whole season without Primeau, I could almost guarantee they would have less points in the standings than if JR were out for the whole season.

I like everyone on the team but if you want to talk overrated...JR, Leclair,Amonte, Ragnarson are way more overrated then Primeau. With the salary JR , Amonte and Lecair make thier production is terrrible.

Fire Bobby Clarke is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 12:20 PM
  #11
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,434
vCash: 500
Come on guys, we of all people know how valuable Keith has been to our organization this year... when he was injured, what did we accomplish? SQWUAT
It's not always about the numbers, the guy is the front runner for the Selke for a reason. The NHL is no longer an offensive watching game, it's all about Defence now and maybe Keith is going because of that. I was just arguing this on the Montreal board before, they're buzzing out on the fact that Prims is in and Ribeiro isn't. It's called two way hockey, learn it

Teezax is offline  
Old
01-23-2004, 01:07 PM
  #12
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,055
vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Come on guys, we of all people know how valuable Keith has been to our organization this year... when he was injured, what did we accomplish? SQWUAT
It's not always about the numbers, the guy is the front runner for the Selke for a reason. The NHL is no longer an offensive watching game, it's all about Defence now and maybe Keith is going because of that. I was just arguing this on the Montreal board before, they're buzzing out on the fact that Prims is in and Ribeiro isn't. It's called two way hockey, learn it

I don't think the All Star game is for other coaches to showcase defensive fowards playing the trap. It's all about offense. There's no checking, and barely and defensive play, no mucking or grinding or forechecking or being leaders. Keith Primeau has no business being there, and there is no valid reasoning to defend his presence at the all star game.

GKJ is offline  
Old
01-25-2004, 11:08 AM
  #13
Overtime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Exactly! I just got done reading the Courier Post where Gormley is saying we need more of Primeau's type at the all star game. Says wouldn't it be great to see Mike Modano being thrown through the boards because that is what hockey is about. I'm sorry, but it isn't what the all star game is about and nor should it be! The all star game is to showcase talent not to try to play an nhl type game. What happens when stars start to get injured at all star games and they can't help their teams for the playoffs? Will those who advocate checking line players then recant?

Primeau there is not a good idea. There are plenty of offensive stars that should be there. Even on the Flyers there is Recchi who had led the team in goals nearly all season and he is sitting at home. The game announcers tout Primeau's work ethic as a reason he is going but Recchi's work ethic is every bit as high and he is a skilled offensive player to boot.

Overtime is offline  
Old
01-25-2004, 11:26 AM
  #14
Mongoose
Registered User
 
Mongoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mongoose
I must admit, i've never been a fan of Primeau's. However, once he returned to the linep after his injury, The Tortonto home and home series, you could notice a definate change in the team. They did seem to bve playing more as a team, and worked more symbiotically (not sure if used in right context). Though I still have never had much respect for him after those Bill Barber comments he made...
Though after that home and home series, I am starting to see his contribution to the FLyers team. The real question is, Will he be resigned?

Mongoose is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.