HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mason on the way for Tuesday? *Confirmed*

Old
01-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

vCash: 500
TSN reporting Mason has been called up

TSN.ca Staff

1/7/2008 4:03:48 PM

The Columbus Blue Jackets have added goaltender Steve Mason to the roster on emergency recall, the club announced Monday.

Ghost of Dale Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 03:14 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrancis View Post
Those trades are pretty bad by the way. Don't know if it's an inside joke or not.
Just having some fun. There's a lot of love/lust in Jacketland for guys like Vinny, Ovie, and Johnson.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
Ovechkin's listed as a left wing (on WAS, not TB ). Has he played center?

He once posted back to back shutouts in goal, while collecting 5 assists. Then Kolzig got his hang nail taken care of and got back on the ice. AO and Chuck Norris hunt down Al Qaeda operatives in the off season as well. He's versatile if nothing else.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
He once posted back to back shutouts in goal, while collecting 5 assists. Then Kolzig got his hang nail taken care of and got back on the ice. AO and Chuck Norris hunt down Al Qaeda operatives in the off season as well. He's versatile if nothing else.

Old
01-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
Ovechkin's listed as a left wing (on WAS, not TB ). Has he played center?
It is Monday and the copy/Paste got a little ahead of me. Not sure if he has played center or not to tell you the truth. For some reason I am mixing him up position wise today. Probably that I have been looking at top scorers for all of the teams that should be sellers in hopes of trying to figure out who we might go after if we are buying. I keep wanting a center that will complete the puzzle but have been looking at all. Keep telling yourself We need a center and seeing on the stat sheet that Ovechkin is a stud center or not enough times in one day and you start to forget where he actually plays. Guess it is just one more way to make myself a little more mental this time of year.

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 03:18 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter View Post
TSN.ca Staff

1/7/2008 4:03:48 PM

The Columbus Blue Jackets have added goaltender Steve Mason to the roster on emergency recall, the club announced Monday.
Yup, here's the link to the press release on the Jackets site. http://bluejackets.nhl.com/team/app?...e&service=page

Old
01-07-2008, 03:22 PM
wildone26*

How does emergency recall work. I am not familiar with that so much.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
How does emergency recall work. I am not familiar with that so much.
If I remember right he can't play unless the starter goes gets injured.

Old
01-07-2008, 03:24 PM
123jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
wow, the guy may get recalled as an emergency recall to sit on the bench for a game or 2 and people are talking trade and ruining his long term development.

This is not a long term development,we just need a healthy backup for a game or 2 and nobody readily available in Syracuse to call up without signing a contract.

Thank you.

Here's the official press release from the CBJ website:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/team/app?...e&service=page

123jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
blahblah

Didn't know our goaltending situation in the cuse was that bad, to where we didn't have a healthy one under contract. I need to pay more attention.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 03:27 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Goalie View Post
It is Monday and the copy/Paste got a little ahead of me. Not sure if he has played center or not to tell you the truth. For some reason I am mixing him up position wise today. Probably that I have been looking at top scorers for all of the teams that should be sellers in hopes of trying to figure out who we might go after if we are buying. I keep wanting a center that will complete the puzzle but have been looking at all. Keep telling yourself We need a center and seeing on the stat sheet that Ovechkin is a stud center or not enough times in one day and you start to forget where he actually plays. Guess it is just one more way to make myself a little more mental this time of year.
It's ok, man. It happens to the best of us.

I wonder though if Hitch would be inclined to try Zherdev at center again if we get someone like AO? Put Nash on he second line with J-No and Vybes/Modin (if he ever comes back) and throw someone like Fritsche or Brule on the right wing with Z and AO (maybe try Brule at center too).

Ovechkin - Zherdev/Brule - /Zherdev/Brule/Fritsche
Nash - Novotny - Vyborny/Modin

It makes ya think...

Old
01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
It's ok, man. It happens to the best of us.

I wonder though if Hitch would be inclined to try Zherdev at center again if we get someone like AO? Put Nash on he second line with J-No and Vybes/Modin (if he ever comes back) and throw someone like Fritsche or Brule on the right wing with Z and AO (maybe try Brule at center too).

Ovechkin - Zherdev/Brule - /Zherdev/Brule/Fritsche
Nash - Novotny - Vyborny/Modin

It makes ya think...
Was actually thinking Brassard myself centering the same top line. What a force that could be though with scoring of Nash and AO split between two lines.

Old
01-07-2008, 03:34 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Was actually thinking Brassard myself centering the same top line. What a force that could be though with scoring of Nash and AO split between two lines.
I completely agree but I was thinking more in terms of this season than next. Next season we'd have:

Ovechkin - Brassard - Zherdev
Nash - Novotny - Modin/Brule

Oh god, Howson, make this happen. I'll do your laundry for a year if you make this happen.

Old
01-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Uncle Jimmy

Do you think that given their choices, CBJ may just want to recognize the kid by having him come up to the big team after winning gold and even collecting a little NHL $$. They could sign someone from the minors but this way they get the goalie they need and recognize one of their key future players.

Uncle Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jimmy View Post
Do you think that given their choices, CBJ may just want to recognize the kid by having him come up to the big team after winning gold and even collecting a little NHL $$. They could sign someone from the minors but this way they get the goalie they need and recognize one of their key future players.
Possible but highly unlikely.

Old
01-07-2008, 03:48 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jimmy View Post
Nah, Pazzy's sick and will be out a few days so we need him for emergency purposes only.

BTW, I've been having to much fun coming up with trades that I forgot to ask what happens if Leclaire or Norrena are traded while he's up? Is he magically eligible to play even if there's no longer an emergency need for him? Is he AHL eligible at all?

Old
01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
Nah, Pazzy's sick and will be out a few days so we need him for emergency purposes only.

BTW, I've been having to much fun coming up with trades that I forgot to ask what happens if Leclaire or Norrena are traded while he's up? Is he magically eligible to play even if there's no longer an emergency need for him? Is he AHL eligible at all?
Not sure on the NHL level play if that would happen but the AHL has the whole age limit thing to keep things like that from happening.

Old
01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Not sure on the NHL level play if that would happen but the AHL has the whole age limit thing to keep things like that from happening.
I knew about the age limit but since we don't have any CBJ prospects playing in our AHL affiliate at the moment, it stands to reason that we'd be able to assign him there.

Old
01-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Hugg

Since the AHL age limit has come up here and I remember it being a big topic surrounding Brule...

The Islanders assigned Okposo to Bridgeport and he's 19 and he doesn't turn 20 until April.

So what the heck is the rule?

Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
I knew about the age limit but since we don't have any CBJ prospects playing in our AHL affiliate at the moment, it stands to reason that we'd be able to assign him there.
Maybe Macster would be the best one for this question. He seems to know a little more about how all of that works than most on here.

Old
01-07-2008, 03:59 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Maybe Macster would be the best one for this question. He seems to know a little more about how all of that works than most on here.
True.

Professor McLean, we need your assistance in the Mason thread stat!

Old
01-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Kitsune

The rule with emergency call ups is that as soon as the team is able to field the proper number of goalies, they must send the junior player down, and at no point is the junior player allowed to be in the AHL.

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugg View Post
Since the AHL age limit has come up here and I remember it being a big topic surrounding Brule...

The Islanders assigned Okposo to Bridgeport and he's 19 and he doesn't turn 20 until April.

So what the heck is the rule?
Okposo came from college, not the junior leagues. Those rules don't apply to college players.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 04:10 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Fasten your seatbelts.... it took 6 posts before this turned into a TRADE thread.

Ovechkin

Trade Pazzy!
*ducks*

JACKETfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Hugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Okposo came from college, not the junior leagues. Those rules don't apply to college players.
And I've learned something from HFBoards yet again.

Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote