HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: The quality of poutine dropping in QC?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2008, 11:15 AM
  #251
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
So I wanted to make a slight change of topic now in this thread and didn't want to make a 2nd poutine thread as this one is still being used

Basically, I wanted people to post either poutine recipes they've used or poutine recipe ideas they've had.

Name the brand or recipe for sauce, name the brand/type of cheese, recipe for fries or type or fries.

Should be interesting to hear some peoples ideas.
I really like the Hot chicken poutine...

Quite easy to do. St-Hub BBQ canned sauce, regular cheese curds, bread crumbs, Green Giant canned green peas ( it wont work if you dont take the Green Giant brand ) and fries.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:36 AM
  #252
KBstyle
Registered User
 
KBstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Stratos is good but the price is way too high.

KBstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:42 AM
  #253
YaBasta*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to YaBasta* Send a message via MSN to YaBasta*
I kinda hate paying less than 8$ for a big poutine. It's just me but I know it won't be good if I don't pay that much.

YaBasta* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:52 AM
  #254
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
So I wanted to make a slight change of topic now in this thread and didn't want to make a 2nd poutine thread as this one is still being used

Basically, I wanted people to post either poutine recipes they've used or poutine recipe ideas they've had.

Name the brand or recipe for sauce, name the brand/type of cheese, recipe for fries or type or fries.

Should be interesting to hear some peoples ideas.

Look back a bit, I already wrote down mine for the classic sauce.

For cheese and fries, I mean, come on...

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:07 PM
  #255
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Look back a bit, I already wrote down mine for the classic sauce.

For cheese and fries, I mean, come on...
Yeah just cuz some people cut their own, some people would use mccain, some people bake, some people deep fry, etc.

Cheese, curds but maybe a certain brand is better then others

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 01:44 PM
  #256
KBstyle
Registered User
 
KBstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBasta View Post
I kinda hate paying less than 8$ for a big poutine. It's just me but I know it won't be good if I don't pay that much.
Maybe but when you pay over 10 buck for mid poutine it's too much. And i have to pay the delivery boy too.

KBstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:17 PM
  #257
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
One poutine Id reeeeeeeally like to do is this : Normal poutine with the best gravy fries and cheese curds possible (cuz I cant imagine someone pretending something to be a poutine without these THREE main ingredients.)

Now I would add Bacon, onions, real good 14$-small-brick of Cheddar, Maple-syrup smoked ham in cubes, and dash of strong ale beer in the gravy.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
  #258
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
One poutine Id reeeeeeeally like to do is this : Normal poutine with the best gravy fries and cheese curds possible (cuz I cant imagine someone pretending something to be a poutine without these THREE main ingredients.)

Now I would add Bacon, onions, real good 14$-small-brick of Cheddar, Maple-syrup smoked ham in cubes, and dash of strong ale beer in the gravy.
The Poutine is strong with this one.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:19 PM
  #259
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
The Poutine is strong with this one.

Yeah, I'd call it the "Croque-Messieur Poutine la Oz"

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
  #260
YaBasta*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to YaBasta* Send a message via MSN to YaBasta*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBstyle View Post
Maybe but when you pay over 10 buck for mid poutine it's too much. And i have to pay the delivery boy too.
When I eat a poutine, I want something good that will fillfull the needs of my belly! Money don't matter. In RDP, the poutine is so bad that I'm forced to order a small pizza as a back-up in case the poutine ain't eatable. Moving to Longueuil, southshore on February, I hope I can find some good surprises there.

Why Montreal have so many bad poutines? IMO if you can't make a good one, don't make any.

YaBasta* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:29 PM
  #261
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
The FIVE main signs of a bad Poutine, in no particular order :

- Thin gravy, which is more like a juice

- Soggy fries, often related to the first item

- No cheese curds, just plain old shredded cheese

- Too much of one thing, either fries, gravy or curds... wait, is there really something as too much of cheese curds??? lemme think of this one...

- A steep price for a cheap meal

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:55 PM
  #262
YaBasta*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to YaBasta* Send a message via MSN to YaBasta*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
- Too much of one thing, either fries, gravy or curds... wait, is there really something as too much of cheese curds??? lemme think of this one...
There's a reason why I always ask for extra-cheese (when I know I'm ordering at a good place)!!!

YaBasta* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:59 PM
  #263
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBasta View Post
There's a reason why I always ask for extra-cheese (when I know I'm ordering at a good place)!!!
Yaaaaaa, me too

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 10:01 AM
  #264
YaBasta*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to YaBasta* Send a message via MSN to YaBasta*
bump..i'm calling 2 small poutines from Resto-bar Guimello

YaBasta* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 10:06 AM
  #265
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBasta View Post
bump..i'm calling 2 small poutines from Resto-bar Guimello

Well, come back and tell us what you think of it.

WhereTH is the resto-Bar Guimello??? in RDP? I live south east of the Island, Longue Pointe.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
  #266
YaBasta*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to YaBasta* Send a message via MSN to YaBasta*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Well, come back and tell us what you think of it.

WhereTH is the resto-Bar Guimello??? in RDP? I live south east of the Island, Longue Pointe.
It's in Lasalle, Montreal somewhere close to Mtro Angrignon. I'm not in RDP right now. I gave up with RDP poutines... so disgusting.

YaBasta* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:07 PM
  #267
YaBasta*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to YaBasta* Send a message via MSN to YaBasta*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Well, come back and tell us what you think of it.

WhereTH is the resto-Bar Guimello??? in RDP? I live south east of the Island, Longue Pointe.
Wow, that was the worst one I've ever seen. It wasn't even real cheese and the sauce and the smell of it was disgusting, awful. My belly still hurt from eating most of it. In my book that place reach a new low for bad poutine and false publicity.

YaBasta* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:15 PM
  #268
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBasta View Post
Wow, that was the worst one I've ever seen. It wasn't even real cheese and the sauce and the smell of it was disgusting, awful. My belly still hurt from eating most of it. In my book that place reach a new low for bad poutine and false publicity.

We should entitle you something like -Tester of the PHC- or -Traveler of the PHC-

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:18 PM
  #269
YaBasta*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to YaBasta* Send a message via MSN to YaBasta*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
We should entitle you something like -Tester of the PHC- or -Traveler of the PHC-
working a blog....
i should take pictures of them too!
should be fun...!!

YaBasta* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.